When cloning becomes a thing, do you think it will be illegal to make a clone of yourself with some gene editing...

When cloning becomes a thing, do you think it will be illegal to make a clone of yourself with some gene editing, such as crispr, to change an X chromosome to Y or vice versa, and fuck it?

Would that be abuse? Or would it be okay since you own your genetic material and your clone would probably want to fuck since it's probably going to think just like you do?

What about slave labor? Or making it a maid? Or splitting up which one has to clock in at work?

Like seriously, you can already get crispr kits, and I assume growing people in vats like Mewtwo isn't far off, especially since we can already make artificial gametes and use surrogates.

What's Veeky Forums's stance?

You could make alive fleshligths

grow boipuycci in a jar

So that it could tell you to leave it alone?

I'd fuck me as router sex

>it is a clone grown in a lab so I want to believe its not actually alive
have you heard of this crazy thing where genetically identical people are born at the same time? its called twins

*either

Right, but do you guys think it would be ethically sound? Do we have a right to do what we want with our own genetic material, even edit it with crispr and make it wear maid outfits?

Right, and because they are born at the same time we can't say for certain one is the original so we consider them separate entities.

I'm talking about taking your genetic material which you definitely own as an adult, and making a clone. Do you own that clone as property?

If you don't, does that mean that you don't own your own shed skin? Is it a matter of sapience? What if you make a bag of living flesh instead of a cute opposite sex you? Does the bag of living flesh have a right to live life as it pleases, or is it something the creator must own and watch like a pet? What makes that different from opposite sex me?

like, there are no laws regulating it because the technology is still decades away, how existing laws would be interpreted as applying to a clone would be determined in practice by a court if you somehow figured out to do it in your basement, there's no chance the government would let you do whatever you want without getting involved...but you can rest assured, long before the technology is developed there will be laws in place regulating it and as far as personal use without a multi billion dollar corporation involved, your clone is going to be a person and you are not going to own it.

Breeding is not ethically sound. You bring a thinking being into this world without asking it's permision. Just because it's random, doesn't make it ok.

That being said - cloning might be the closest thing to immortality for a while. And after mind upload-download, this will be the real deal + backup copies.

I feel like this may be possible soon enough though. We can already buy cheap crispr kits and there is technology out there to read your own genetic code. I feel like the growing people in vats thing is far off, but I mean I don't see any logical reason why someone couldn't hire a surrogate, make artificial gametes, or edit their actual gametes, and make a clone right now?

I wanna make a cute boy clone of me that just sluts it up and takes dick all day

You don't own anything. Everything you think you have is only borrowed... even the skin off your back.

The moment it is born, be it from an uterus or a science fiction laboratory contraption, the person has human rights, just as any other individual citizen.
If you want to clone yourself as a single parent to get a kid, it would be prudent to require some kind of license to do so, just to weed out the nut cases.
The one additional benefit to society a couple reproducing over a single parent cloning themselves is a built in redundancy. Should one parent die who takes care of the kid, in case of single parenthood. Maybe some kind of insurance could be required.

You're thinking too small OP, make a bunch of clones of yourself with some of each sex for the ultimate narcissistic orgy

>I feel like the growing people in vats thing is far off, but I mean I don't see any logical reason why someone couldn't hire a surrogate, make artificial gametes, or edit their actual gametes, and make a clone right now?
The equipment would be extremely expensive. It would cost millions of dollars, probably tens of millions of dollars and would likely involve complying with government regulations and coming up with a reasonable explanation why you were using all this scientific equipment.

You also are not going to produce any sort of viable clone without years of trial and error because the technology is clearly not as sophisticated as you seem to think it is and the human genome is extremely complicated.

No one with the resources to fund such work is going to throw away their money on some Veeky Forums troll idea, they are going to invest in the research in some formal route that uses other funding sources and follows ethical guidelines. By the time such formal research got anywhere near productive there would be laws or regulations in place governing what it can and can't do.

You could alleviate that by having a clone as the other guardian watching your clone in case you die, though.

Every day we stray further from God's light

is it gay if you fuck a tranny version of yourself?

>it would be prudent to require some kind of license to do so, just to weed out the nut cases.
So no nutcases are allowed to reproduce unless they do it the old fashioned way?
>Should one parent die who takes care of the kid, in case of single parenthood.
Because that's NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

Honestly, I think we gave to be able to let people do what they want with their own clones/genetic material. Otherwise we imply people dont have ownership rights to their own genetic material and autonomy to do what they want with something as lowly as a booger or a strand of hair. And that's a slippery slope if I've ever seen one.

More likely, people will be required to hold a license for a clone, and will be fined or jailed if they aren't holding a license.

Honestly, we should have parenting licenses. Nobody just wants to speak about it.

You stole 99.9% of my DNA sequence!!! YOU MONSTER! I'll sue you into the ground for stealing! You filthy thief!

Newsflash cloning is never going to be a real thing sorry to burst your bubbles

I mean wouldn't you be upset if you found out companies stole your genetic code and used it to profit? Or if they actively shared information and got your insurance rates jacked up? Or if someone used it to manufacture a virus that only attacked someone with code matching your specific sequence?
There's a lot of reasons why you'd want to protect and own your own sequence.

Cloning yourself would just get you a child, that happens to be a bit more closely related to you than most children. It is still a separate person, and probably a few decades younger than you.

>I mean wouldn't you be upset if you found out companies stole your genetic code and used it to profit?
No, them founding a way to profit from my DNA would be pretty impressive. And it's not like my DNA is original or anything. It's just a mixture of my dad and mom's DNA with a few errors mixed in.
>Or if they actively shared information and got your insurance rates jacked up?
You need to explain this better.
>Or if someone used it to manufacture a virus that only attacked someone with code matching your specific sequence?
I'm no biology major, but I'm pretty sure that's not a thing nor how viruses work.
>There's a lot of reasons why you'd want to protect and own your own sequence.
Maybe if you're paranoid and or a narcissist then I'm sure there's many that can be made up.

Guess what, even if you copyrighted ""your"" DNA, owned it, made it illegal to use it in any way.. That wouldn't stop people. People pirate stuff all the time they always have and always will. Your DNA is just some As, Ts, Cs & Gs instead of 1s and 0s. And you shed dead cells all the time, it's not like its hard to extract your DNA from them.

It will only be a physical clone. I don't believe the soul can be copied. If your clone has a different soul, it's just a different person that looks like you.

I'd fuck me.

>since it's probably going to think just like you do?
But that's wrong you retard

Why not simply transplant half of your brain into a suitable donor body of the opposite sex, and with the aid of a drug to induce neuroplasticity for the purposes of physical rehabilitation, have sex with your actual self? It's possible to be a fully conscious being with only one brain hemisphere. We know this due to studies on the corpus callosum, and case studies of children who have had half their brain removed due to severe seizures.

before all of that we first have to make chickens/cows/pigs with only enough of a brain to walk around and eat sothat vegans and green peace can fuck off.

we need to improve cybernetics then to the point we can have 2 halve brains that are still connected wirh wifi in 2 bodies sothat you can feel both the penis and uterus orgasm at the same time.

Of course not. Your genetic material is as much your clone's as it is yours. If anything, that might mean you have LESS rights regarding your genetic material.

Would you be allowed to donate sperm if your clone didn't approve? If you knock someone up and leave, does your clone have to pay child support?

How would you use CRISPR to change an X to a Y or vice versa? CRISPR is a precise gene editing tool, akin to a scalpel, for making changes on the nucleotide level. It would be more feasible to transfer the entire chromosome.

But the clone comes second, ergo it's not their property. They and the sperms are my property, but I should have the right to make the clone go to work and make money to pay the child support. Sort of like how you can own a computer and make it do math to make money at work to pay child support.

Whichever one of us can be dated back further gets the rights to our genetic material, and the others are property since they are clones.

>do you think it will be illegal to make a clone of yourself with some gene editing, such as crispr, to change an X chromosome to Y or vice versa, and fuck it?

First, that's technically not actually a clone and second yes it would probably be illegal.

Why can't you already kill your identical twin? I mean, it's your genetic code.

ANYONE REMEMBE THAT STARTREK EPISODE WHERE THEY GENITICALLY MODIFED THEGIRLS BABY SO IT WOULDNT HAVE CLING ON FEATURES HELLO THIS IS IT

We can already put fertilized mammal eggs inside an artificial womb and they'll develop into fetuses that develop into living, fully functioning babies. We've done it with sheep, at least.

Literally the only reason we haven't done any human embryo trials is because
>muh ethics

>the human genome is extremely complicated

Irrelevant, you put your genome inside an anucleated egg cell from a donor and it will begin developing into a fetus, just like a normal pregnancy. It has nothing to do with genome complexity, all the biochemical machinery for development is already right there.

Cloning does not work this way.

my clone would probably reject me for having bad genes

>there is a confirmed dimension where Morty was born with a twin of the opposite sex
>every dimension has an infinite number of parallel dimensions
>there is at least one dimension where the Morty twins just fuck each other all day
>there is at least one dimension where the Morty twins went with Rick to the alien pawn shop, got the sex robot from Gazorpazorp, the twins had a threesome with it and got the robot pregnant, and then tried to raise the half human half gazorpazorpian baby as their child, but its supermale hormones took over and it raped Female Morty forcing Male Morty to kill it in order to save his twin sister
>The trauma of the event stops the Morty Twins from going on any more adventures with their Rick, instead they choose to remain alone with each other for the rest of their lives, the rest of their family is appalled by their incestuous relationship and cuts off contact
>this explains why we have only ever seen one set of Morty Twins participating in interdimentional travel, it is too unlikely for them to avoid the trauma that makes them leave their Rick

You can't prove that this isn't true.

>There's a dimension where this shitty show doesn't exist

Take me there.

>there's a dimension where Rick is watching your life as a drama on his multiversal TV and is thinking the same thing about you

hi rick

To be fair, shitposting isn't a very interesting thing to watch so I would understand why he wouldn't want to watch it. Then again, there's a universe where he thinks it's the greatest show in the multiverse. Much like there's a universe where I like Rick and Morty. That me should kill himself

Even still, that's genetic material that you 100% came up with on your own. It's not like you had a wife and went half on the creation of an independent entity.

Technically, you should be the full owner of that clone.

Ethically, doing as you please with a clone should be no different than doing as you please with your earwax.

if we perfected this head transplant thing and human cloning, would it be possible to clone yourself a younger body?
could you achieve immortality this way, assuming the younger body rejuvenates the old head?

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

I dont think my clone would agree to fugg me

>assuming the younger body rejuvenates the old head?

that'd be the thing there..

>dated back further
How? Carbon atoms are carbon atoms, which have no [discernable] age. It would be impossible to differentiate between you and a clone.

>that'd be the thing there..

a thing that's been observed with mice

My own clone! Now neither of us will be virgins!
Wouldn't they have similar thoughts to you, and would therefore consent to it?

no, you have no idea what a clone is.

A clown will be a baby with your genes. like a twin brother, nothing more

>A clown will be a baby with your genes.

Some typos amuse me more than others...

A clone is not mindless, you know. You won't be able to own it, as twins do not own each other and parents don't own their offspring. Also a clone will not think like you to a hundred percent, the envrionment it grows in will affect the personality significantly. A clone will also not be an adult right away.

For your fantasy the best you can wait for are sexbots.

>94 ▶
>File: clown babby.jpg (190 KB, 1000x1200)
> (You)
>>A clown will be a baby with your genes.
>Some typos amuse me more than others...
HAHA

you forgot something:
your clone will be an infant, so you will never be able to fuck it without committing an act of pedophilia and narcissism. now please kill yourself as instructed:

Who gives a fuck? Your brain will eventually die of old age.

I'd fuck you as router sex too

Modems are fit as fuck

Why would I ever need to change the chromosome ?

If God existed and was fair and good, he would have killed us all alredy

At first I thought this guy meant using clones as fleshlights because of the clones not having souls meme, but then I realized he actually literally meant making fleshlights with human tissue that probably work like some sort of frakenstein monster that's half machine.

Human intelligence was a mistake.

now were talkin'

I was so amazingly disgusted by this post

What happened to this site all the sudden? Can't take a joke?