How far along are you in the trilogy, Veeky Forums?

How far along are you in the trilogy, Veeky Forums?

Prove it, ya fraud.

Other urls found in this thread:

gravitys-rainbow.pynchonwiki.com/wiki/?title=Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just need to do gravity b

The old memes are dead
We Jerusalem/Zettels Traum duology now

can i ask a question? i've only read one of these

why is this a meme trilogy at all? why are these always lumped together?

Out order of 8[

>translations

you fucking idiot

>translations
deletea esto, mi cuate

>joyce
>spanish

you have to go back

Endless Fun is training wheels, V2 is 2 tabs of acid, and Mrs Yes is the face of God.

The Son, the Father, and the Holy Ghost.

reportado papu

Being this new...

thx

It's an old Veeky Forums tradition that goes back for thousands of years.

One cannot claim to be well-read and not have read all three of these books by sophomore year.

>espanol
yo espero en serio que ustedes no lo hacen

ah yes. this makes sense to me now

*deckard cain voice*
sometimes the old ways are best

>Translations of Ulysses.

>reading translations
Tenés que irte de vuelta.

Jajaja que gil de mierda jajajaja sos un hijo de puta

Only IJ. GR and Ulysses beckon. Which should I read first?

Gravitys Rainbow. Unless of course you want to say you've read Ulysses because only autistic Irishmen can genuinely enjoy it and see it as something more than technical masturbation

Halfway through GR, loving it. Been seeing some IJ hate on this board lately, so I may not read it right away. I'm not ready for Ulysses either.

I'll take my time and won't read it for the sake of completing the trilogy.

>Been seeing some IJ hate on this board lately, so I may not read it right away.
That's retarded

I read Gravity's Rainbow long before I discovered this board, have no immediate desire to read Ulysses soon and have no desire to read Infinite Jest ever. Honestly everything by Joyce bores me to tears and Wallace reads like Stephen King + 1950s copy pasta Merck manuals

GR and IJ down

I'll read it eventually, but I'm strapped for time so I'll read some shorter books with universal acclaim

si de verdad estás leyendo las traducciones te aconsejo que te pegues un tiro

There is only one book left. Two, if you count God.

Holy.....

You shouldn't be allowed to post without finishing all three, desu

Finished IJ and GR and am on the Oxen of the Sun in Ulysses,

1/3 read GR

Is there any reason why I should read Ulysses?

wait, what the fuck, when did the glorious era of 2666 / The Recognitions / The Tunnel end?

>EL ARCO IRIS DE GRAVEDAD
Translations can be fine if they're done well, but that's fucking atrocious.

I think the fact that it is the best novel ever written should be enough of a reason.

[Citation needed]

It is far from the best novel ever written.

Cite me
Name 10 that are better.

Of the three, IJ was the only one I enjoyed enough to read twice. And it's better the second time.

>Name 10 that are better.
Moby Dick x10

>two books by same publisher
>the spine writing is top to bottom on one book and bottom to top on the other

Oh my god, fucking stop this meme
You are all fanatics

buen español pa
What's the problem there? explain

Currently on Dubliners

No, it's just that OP placed Ulysses down the opposite way you sperg

spics are a plague of Veeky Forums

look at the logos on the spines
it's the logo of debolsillo but i wouldn't expect a fucknut like you to know that

>2 syllables
lmao

>How far along are you in the trilogy, Veeky Forums?
Ulysses: read
GR: no intention to read any time soon
IJ: read twice
>Prove it, ya fraud
w/e

Oh, you're a pseud who doesn't actually read. Well, I'll be damned, didn't expect that.

Read all of them in chronological order.

>Ulysses
Had real difficulties with first chapters, then I started to understand something thanks to the notes. My favorite chapter is probably Nausicaa and Circe.

>Gravity's Rainbow
my favorite of the three, superb from the first page to the last. Not 100% sure on what's going on in the last chapters were Slothrop looses is characterization but an experience, great. I want to reread it one day.

>Infinite Jest
I have mixed feelings about it. Clearly is inferior to the other two, sometimes is difficult just for the sake of being difficult, but has some gems in it like Van Dyne character, or the Eschaton chapter, but there are characters who are all the same they got an addiction and got crippled in stupid ways, and some of the Gately chapters are just boring. The narrative sometimes just feels too much disjointed and the last chapters, when you think are getting it, become much slower and end in nothing. Can't say I love it.

>traduccion de Ulysses

Puedes borrar esto, por favor?

>Veeky Forums
>traducciones
>la trilogía de Veeky Forums

Buen bait.

Jajajaja. Me despollo, tronco.

I don't mind GR or IJ being translations but Ulysses translations trigger me

which order i read the trilogy?

>gr > ulysses > ij?

>Ulysses
Read 4 times
>GR
Might read at some point, far into the future.
>IJ
Into the trash it goes.

>translations of English books

What the fuck is wrong with you, you are using English every single day anyway, why don't you just improve your knowledge and read them in originals?

Assuming OP is a frequent Veeky Forums fag, he/she must be at least a bit fluent in english, therfore he has no real reason to read a translation of a book written in english, since he/she should be abel to read english.
Of course, also assuming that OP can get hold of the english versions of those books. I can, but because i doownload them on my kindle, but getting a physical copy can be quite difficult. My nearest bookstore´s english section only has YA, classics. Stpehen King and other best sellers.

Just read Portrait recently so I'm ready to tackle Ulysses. Want to finish Moby Dick first though, and I'm reading about 10 books right now so they're all going at a pretty glacial pace.

I am also a "frequent Veeky Forumsfag" and I am also reading a translation of Ulysses (considered the best translation to my language) on purpose. Yes, getting the translation was easier and cheaper, but I am doing it merely for curiosity and also I think it'd be cool to read such a complex book in different languages, but yes, I understand, original works are unique and I have full intention of reading it in english soon.

No, Ulysses first of course

and ij last? thanks

Yes; in other words, chronological order

I started reading IJ
I opened a dictionary to check what "congruent" means and never went back

>tfw started with ij and now on gr, without having read ul
shit

if you couldn't figure out the meaning of congruent without a dictionary, you deserve your YA grave.

That's okay though, there's value too in going through in reverse chronological order. It's just a matter of seeing the influences/references after the fact

I'm not usually in the >translations crowd but

>Reading Joyce in translation

>reading translation of english books while being perfectly able to read in english (as evident by you browsing Veeky Forums)
>reading them in fucking spanish of all languages

kys my good hombre

>if you can read shitposts you will get more out of complicated literature in English than in a translation
this meme needs to stop

>Oh, you're a pseud who doesn't actually read. Well, I'll be damned, didn't expect that.

Whatever makes you feel better about repeating the standard line you hear from the people you're impressed with, kitten.

Best trilogy DESU. The Tunnel is peak Veeky Forums

read GR at 16, IJ at 20, U at 22 :)

Es el titulo se refiere al arcoiris de la gravedad, no un arcoiris hecho de gravedad. El titulo esta traduciendo Rainbow of Gravity y no Gravity's Rainbow.

I had the luck of don't read Infinite Jest.

Papi, hágale huevos y léalos en inglés.

I feel the same with translations of Don Quixote.

If you finish GR your'e ready for Ulysses

It's funny because in Don Quijote, Cervantes literally memes >translations, but in all honesty, language is not as important in Don Quijote as it is on Ulysses.

>condition-good

It is. The only difference is that he doesn't use as many puns as Joyce.

Only read Ulysses, is GR more difficult?

It is more complicated to grasp the themes but easier to read on a page to page basis

I'm quiet bad at grasping themes, any preparatory books/Reading you'd recommend?

V. has some similar themes and it's easier to read.
I jumped right in. It's an enjoyable read so I'd say just dive in and maybe explore it in more depth on a second read. If you are too lost you can use the wiki which has page to page explanations.
gravitys-rainbow.pynchonwiki.com/wiki/?title=Main_Page

Pyncheon???

Never

Moby Dick is worse.

reading ulysses now, did ij once and gr twice

Spanish translations of English

Must been worse then every translation into English.

Read A, barely understand it

Am reading B, Understand it a lot better

Need to read C

Just have GR to go senpai.

>Moby Dick is worse.

Pfft. It's a masterpiece that lends itself to different interpretation, with symbolism and themes one could contemplate at length. The lyric lushness of the prose demonstrates why Melville thought of himself primarily as a poet.

Ulysses's greatness is a meme. It's a trophy book for people who want to read it so they can say they read it and feel better than those who haven't. Which is a shitty reason to read.

If you think Ulysses is so great, read FW. And if you can be suckered into singing FW's praises, read it backwards like Hebrew, and tell yourself how smart your pants are.

I've read all three. Infinite Jest is the only one that made me feel anything. GR isn't even Pynchon's greatest work. I'd rate it no higher than third among his books.

Is a bad translation of 70's and the only in spanish.

>shit

Don't care. Ulysses don't have many relation with the others.

Kek.

I hadn't read IJ. :)

that's the patrician trilogy, only available to high-level syndexioi

There's IJ hate because IJ is a Veeky Forums joke.

David Faggot Walrus lifted all the halfway house characters' stories from people he lived with in a halfway house—without telling them. And lifted the whole Eschaton section from End Zone—and apologized for it. The best writing is all in the first ten pages.

Notice how all the symbols in the book feel hollow? According to Mary Karr (google 'lit'—it's her autobiography) whose name Career Move actually tattooed on himself and then later amended with a fucking footnote (seriously)—according to her, Walrus said all the symbols are shoved in there because 'they're cool'.