MOBY DICK

Were Ishmael and Queepeg homosexual lovers?

Back then, gay wasn't an identity or a status that you were. Any answer to these kinds of questions are inherently flawed because we view the entire concept differently now.

It's a simple question, faggot. Did they have homosexual relations or not?

Calm down, it's a book.

No, it's not just a book.

I didn't write just a book, you crazy fuck. Go to bed.

If you mean to ask did Quegqueg have his penis inside Ishmael then yes but to call that "homosexual relations" is a total anachronism

It's not gay if you are on a whaling boat.

It's like prison or high school

>If you mean to ask did Quegqueg have his penis inside Ishmael

Hey, you said it, not me.

>not entrapment

No. Ishmael was a God fearing man. They lived in an already modest time and the innocence of Ishmael makes it even more unlikely.

>and the innocence of Ishmael makes it even more unlikely.

Oh, how naive you are, user.

This. Neither of them are gay or homosexual, but it was definitely hinted at in the text that there was some penetration, which was fine back then. Pretty sure there's a local legend in my family that my great grandfather used to have sex with a bunch of guys in the Navy and he raised a family, so...

So long as he said "no homo," he's in the clear, user.

Is this bait?

this. Before the late 19th, you couldn't "be" homosexual. Homosexuality was something that you performed

They called it sodomy and performing any sodomy whatsoever would make you a sodomite

there was no such thing as homosexual or heterosexual though. Someone didn't cease to be a "heterosexual" when they performed sodomy because the distinction is a contemporary one

Are you implying that today people somehow exist that are FORCED to always be sodomites all the time?

Are you high?

Rob?