Chemistry

The most confusing part of Chemistry: Learning the Quantum Theory. Prove me wrong

>protip: You can't

Converting units.

Dimensional Analysis

Remembering that Tungsten is W

>Remembering that Tungsten is W
this

Staying motivated to study one of the dullest subjects in science.

oh shit Im bout to college to be a chemical engineer

Trying to understand the lab TA who has a chinese/english dictionary on the desk, speaks no english, and communicates by pointing.

rip in pieces

REMEMBERING THE DAMN NAME REACTIONS.

>Quantum Theory
>Chemisty

pick one.

Kirkwood-Buff theory derivation is pretty based

This is up there

Really, just organic synthesis in general. It's a lot of mind-numbing memorization of reagents that honestly doesn't have a lot of benefit. Everything about Organic mechanism theory is pretty cool though.

Please, don't embarrass yourself

>What is valence shell electron pair repulsion theory
>what is electron orbital geometry
>what is molecular orbital theory

i had a smug highschool teacher that made fun of chemistry majors thinking a quantum chemistry course was difficult

he had a master's in physics, of course

thats because its called wolfram

as someone who's taking physical chemistry

1000 this

what the fucking abstract shit, fuck your operators, commutators, eigencunts, quantizing, legendrians, fuck ALL OF IT FUCK YOU

don't worry senpai
you won't even touch chemistry
all you'll be doing is calculating rate of flow of liquids and gases through pipes
>enjoy

Magnetochemistry is a fucking bitch desu

I just decided to switch my major from Chem Eng to physics after 2 years of studying.
Fuck chemistry.

My boy.

Also:
>K is kalium, not potassium
>Na is natrium, not sodium
>Al is aluminium, not aluminum

Fucking brainlet English speakers, to be queer.

>the most confusing part of chemical engineering

Non isothermal continuous stirred reactor modelation with reversible reactions.
And i mean the FULL model, with stirring model varying with the viscosity. and heat exchanger included.

It's a bitch.

But thankfully in real life like 90% of the things are just made in lab or supposed as constant or average to simplify the calculations.

I find it interesring that you can make things as complex or as simple as you want.
Something as simple as a Cp(heat capacity) can be taken constant in small ranges with no physical state change. But you can also use the specific equation which is an integral with three constants from russian tables from 1950

Also thia guy's amost correct.
Chem eng is more of the flow of well fluids and their interactions, aswell as thermodynamics systems and unitary processes. I love it so far and still have 2 semesters left, feel like I'm learning something cool everyday.

And you may touch deeply on chemistry, if you choose your topics on it, i took Mechanistic Organic Cemistry, and it was a bitch.

quantum theory is physics not chemistry.