Do you keep the book rappers on?

I never buy hardcovers because I find the book rappers to be super annoying?
Do people keep these rappers on their books or just throw them out?

>book rapper

yeah boyyyyy

>boo krapper

Use the end flaps as a bookmarker

I always peel the skin off. Then I am just left with the juicy text. I read that the skin helps it stay fresh longer, but I keep all my books in the fridge so it doesn't bother me.

please dont do this deaer

What do you call the casing on a hardcover?

A blessing in the skies.

A dust cover you pleb

The wrapper is embracing the book in this totally perverted ideological way that reminds me of a story I heard was told in gulags once. People were freezing in he cold siberian winter and so while trying to keep warm they told each other topical stories, one of them was about how to best keep warm if the comrade guardsmen took your clothes and force you to stay outside. So the inmates took turns to completely envelop one another, the person inside would have warmth but also the penis of the person over them poking their asshole. This is what I think about when I see this type of wrappings, the flaps are stuck inside in this perverse manner and it could be seen as an analogy for capitalism, you are warm but you also have a dick up your ass and so on and so on.

*sniffle*

This is a dust cover. What you are thinking of is a dust jacket.

underrated

kek

hahaha perfect!

lel

kek I was going to post something of a similar nature

top kek

But what if the cover is the book and the paper is the illusion. What if the cover acts as the first page?

to answer the question

no no one keeps the jacket on while reading it

there's no rule or pressure or influence or reason

you can if you want to show everyone the cover that badly, but no no one does it

I usually read with the dust cover on. I notice it doesn't provide that much hassle if I keep the book open at the right degree, and since I generally read hardcovers in the comfort of my home (and not, say, on the move where a paperback might be more appropriate), I don't find myself running into issue.

I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT

FUCKING JEWS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE