Alright, Veeky Forums I need your help

Alright, Veeky Forums I need your help.

> I'm a 25 year old male NEET
> I probably have the equivalent education of a fifth grader.
> still living at home with parents
> barely have anyone to talk to about stimulating conversations
> I feel like I am melting away into oblivion
> living in Ohio
> -3 dollars in my bank account

I just want someone to talk to and read books with.

Should I end it all or what? am I too fucked to repair?

Other urls found in this thread:

ribbonfarm.com/2012/05/03/rediscovering-literacy/,
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a fucking job, you dumb frogfaggot

If you want to wallow in self-pity go to

>talking about stimulating conversations

smoke heroin

I am in the same situation. Getting a job is the first step. You will meet people there. In the meantime, you can have stimulating conversations on Veeky Forums sometimes, but don't ever post a picture of a frog or whine about your life again.

I live in a remote place in China teaching English and have no friends to discuss literature with. What are some of your favorite books? I'd be happy to have a digital relationship if our tastes aren't drastically different.

>inb4 he wants the comfort of a circle jerk

It's just to spare myself having to let you down later if I find out your favorite book is something like Ready Player One.

How's china?

Aside from the lack of people to discuss literature with, it's ideal for me. My own literary ambitions are benefiting from the environment. I was pretty close to being a NEET before coming though so the change of pace helped in forming a good impression.

Stop expecting so much out of life. That's when things will start to get better. I'm not saying be a degenerate; I'm saying that you should take it as it comes and try to make the best of it while still enjoying yourself.

你说中文说的好妈?I thought about teaching english there for awhile but decided that, although the country is pretty cool, I don't speak the language well enough to have any friends.

I'm in a similar situation to the OP, but I have a job.

I too like the idea of "stimulating conversation", but

1) whenever I'm in a position give opinions on what I'm reading (or even tell someone what I'm reading at all), I feel a less than rational aversion towards doing so. I think my rationalization is like this: mentioning a book obligates an opinion, and that would commit me to defend said opinion, and I'm such a coward that I just avoid talking about it in the first place.

2) I have insecurities about my intelligence. I consider myself a shit conversationalist (as evidenced by the fact that I hardly talk to anyone at all irl), I'm not good at "exposition & condensation" ribbonfarm.com/2012/05/03/rediscovering-literacy/, much less synthesis. This all leads me to wonder about hope and despair. Is my mind a metaphorical turd that isn't worth polishing? Is vanity the ultimate reason why I want to be well read in the first place, but does that matter?

Perhaps the most significant obstacle is the fact that I've been completely friendless since school, where circumstance made it easier, and now I don't even remember what it was like.

Anyways, thanks for reading my blog. I'd also appreciate advice for becoming less of a

I speak none of the language. Maybe that's why I have no friends. My students have offered to teach me, but I came here only to satisfy my ambition. Besides, it would take too long to reach the proficiency that would allow for interesting conversations I can have now in English. I can get you a job here if you're still interested in teaching in China. Only been here a little more than a month but it's more comfy than anywhere else I've lived, besides with my parents of course.

>Get a library card from your local public library
>Ask a librarian if there are any book clubs, discussion groups, or free courses offered
>go to them
>try to get a job, even if it's part time, if you can't get a job do volunteer work to at least get out of the house
>start transitioning into normie status

>I'm not saying be a degenerate

Shame. In 2016, you may as well be a bourgeois bohemian.

>this post
Lmfao

You should kys because you can't even find the right board for this shit.

Kek

"I once heard this stimulating conversation, but I was too much of pussy to get involved."

"Yeah man, stimulating conversations are the best."

>All these ohayou friends on Veeky Forums

how does one go about applying? is the schedule similar to american semesters? i'm currently finishing a degree

If you seem cool enough to me, I'll direct you to the guy who is certain to hire you if the recommendation comes from me and if you have a bachelor's and tesol certificate. Hours are comfy, I teach 18 hours a week and have a month off for the spring festival soon. I think it's much more relaxed than American semesters.