Heart Of Darkness

Sell me this book, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

kirbyk.net/hod/image.of.africa.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As in literal or why you should read it
In the last cast it's by Conrad, so yeah.

Are you redpilled?

Then you'll like the portrayal of Africans

The latter part, yes. As a man unfamiliar with Conrad, what makes him so good?

I'm center-left, if that helps.

Are you retarded?

You missed the point completely. If anything this book caters to anti-imperialist liberals

>I'm center-left

Fight me.

I can't sell it to you because I don't own a copy

When you get one that you're willing to sell, call me.

it's like a worse version of the movie "Apocalypse Now"

Are the themes in Apocalypse Now better utilized than in the actual book or? I loved AN, and now I'd like to read the book it was based upon.

It's fucking short. Since making this thread you could have read it 4 times at least.

It's overly mawkish tripe that is hardly relevant when we're so far past the age of colonialism. Honestly Conrad is so melodramatic here I don't understand why it's so widely praised at all.

>better utilized
I won't say that. Heart of Darkness has the advantage of being original, insightful to its time without predecessor, and yet timeless itself

Apocalypse Now I believe is more relevant though because it perfectly adapts the novella into a modern context. I also think that, relative to their mediums, Apocalypse Now is a better film than HoD is a book, but that's a completely indefensible stance and just my opinion

kek you didn't understood shit

This comment has been helpful, thanks.

>implying Kurtz's descent into primal darkness wasn't recreational, that whites don't experience it in a casual divorced way while the natives live it, that is the sum of what informs their experience
kek

If you're going to give Heart of Darkness a chance, pick up a copy that includes his other Africa stories.

I'll try to.

>Reading the work of a bloody racist
kirbyk.net/hod/image.of.africa.html

Apocalypse Now is Heart of Darkness for Americans.

Your point being?

Wow, I read that garbage. The eagerness not to expose but to see racism is almost violent. He completely distorts Conrad's work to feed into his thesis.

nice trips.

anyways it's pretty dry at times and can be difficult to follow, but it's a very well written and incredibly insightful psychological parable. It's not about colonialism or race, that's just the vehicle for the message and themes explored. It also works as a pretty good dumbass filter, SJW's and redpilled autists like this child get hung up on the superficialities. It doesn't take much effort to see past that veil, Conrad lays it out accessibly. It's also pretty masculine in its themes and little aphoristic bits of wisdom, I really like that about Conrad.
It's short but it's a bit dry and sparse. After finishing it I knew I needed to read it again

Sounds solid, thanks for the short summary.

Pere Ubu made a song about it

It's basically what your waifu is constantly dreaming about.

I don't have one.

Cool.

>barbarity is just as valid as western civilization, it's simply different
>written from a western university campus where life is so complacent one can write such drivel
lol

Well they blast kaffirs with Martini-Henrys, so whats not to love about that?

Is that fvcking Darkthrone?

It's pretty good, OP. You can read it in two ways. The literal anti-imperialist view or the allegorical search for the primeval nature of human, which leads to absolutely nothing.

Yes, that's fvcking Fenriz.

Do you have insomnia? Do you hate salience? Do you hate yourself?

Negative, negative and don't we all hate ourselves at certain moments?

It's like 70 pages long and /wow really makes your think/ about the evils of imperialism. If you've spent too much time on /pol/ this is a good start for bringing you back to reality a bit.

I only shitposted there a couple of times, but I'll definitely read it, since Apocalypse Now is in my top 10 and I want to compare the two.

The themes are almost identical. Again, it's a novella so you're not really committing to anything.

/pol/ is pretty fuckin isolationist. Not imperialist. The left accuses the right of isolationism, and defends our empire overseas as benevolent.

what is death of the author