Does Gene Wolfe have brain problems...

Does Gene Wolfe have brain problems? All of his protagonists have the same semi-sociopathic personality (except of course Severian who is completely sociopathic) and seem to have no mental filter on what they say. I'm reading the Wizard Knight and our hero has such memorable lines as "a man intent on rape could do much worse than you"

Congratulations, you've finally realised that Meme Wolfe's books are pure autism.

Or maybe it is you

In fact, it is the rest of mankind who has brain problems in comparison. The lame, effete, and pathetic, who can suss nothing deep or implied. A man intent on rape could do much better than you.

>My face felt hot, and I was glad the wind was cold. I knew I might throw up any minute, and I swore that I would make Poul clean it up if I did.

>And kill him if he would not do it.

What the fuck is his problem?

He writes a lot of picaresque heroes. You don't have to empathize with the protagonist to enjoy a story. Stop being a pussy.

Now everyone post rare Wolfe's.

>hasn't even read lazarillo
>uses the term picaresque

Stop posting fakes~!

Could you please fix up this one for me too?

Where did it all go so wrong

Did you get this from my post on the urth list?

What the ass are you on about, he aged into a totally dignified space pirate.

How do you go from All-American poster boy to Dr Robotnik? Is this what it takes to make it as a fantasy writer?

Nah, it was posted on Veeky Forums a couple of days ago I think.

>All-American poster boy
I'd say he looked more like Christopher Moltesanti.

Holy shit.

>Nah, it was posted on Veeky Forums a couple of days ago I think.

That was me

Yes I did

Say my name.

Charles.

Severian was not a sociopath, he just shared the values of his time. And even then he abolished torturing

No need to hide my identity.

Charles
Gillingham

Got to admit I have a pretty cool name. I hope they don't make me change if I ever write a book.

Is he worth reading? I want to get into it but I wouldn't want to buy one of his books and find it boring genreshit.
where should I start?

Isn't Able in The Wizard Knight a stupid, horny teenager aged up into a powerful magical warrior-king's body? I can imagine him talking about rape with no filet.

*no filter

Severian isn't a sociopath, he's just beholden to a nonhuman moral order -- wouldn't you be, too, if you knew what he knows?
like, if you found out that gods existed, and they told you what was good, wouldn't you leave your old good behind?
and also, he's a vegetarian and outlaws torture, and he goes out of his way to help people frequently on his travels, despite living in a world much more brutal than our own
Severian is fine, and he has every right to think highly of himself
also, you're getting the perspective of a man looking back on his life before embarking on something new and higher, so of course he describes how he felt in a relatively dispassionate way. think of how little stock you now put in your young love or teenage angst ; you regard them as apart from you, because now they are.

No. He's not stupid and he's not horny for a teenager, he's only into his elf waifu.
Fifth Head of Cerberus or Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories and Other Stories.
Low key science fiction or not science fiction at all in many cases in Island.

What kinda autist is it keeps spreading these fakes, seriously?