How do you feel about Indian food?

How do you feel about Indian food?

I've never actually eaten any but it looks really good.

I really like chicken makhani, but for the most part I'm not into Indian food. The spices they typically use have a dusty taste to me, which is understandably off putting.

Everything I've eaten at an Indian restaurant has been delicious except for the dessert 'gulab jamun'. It's like a doughnut hole soaked in syrup, and when you bite down, your mouth is filled with a sickening amount of sugar. I'd recommend getting a lamb samosa and saag paneer with a side of naan. That's my favorite meal of all time.

>that extra finger in the shot

no

Pretty good.
I prefer Sri Lankan though because if you're gonna go spicy you might as well go all the way.

The recipes themselves are good, and the food is good, but the culture and preparation are horrific. The reason so many people have "le spicy food shits" isn't because they ate spicy food, it's because they ate food prepared by Pajeet that didn't wash his fucking hands after taking a shit.

It's pretty good. I really like the roti (indian bread)

spicy potato and pea samosas hnghhh

sweet potato aloo gobi

mmm

Indian food is god-tier, if you go to a nice place, it's not bad if you go to a buffet or something but as said, you might be taking a risk (I never had any issues).

Not all of it is spicy, and even if they are, a lot of dishes use cloves and cinnamon and everything has a really complex, well-rounded flavor to it (I don't like

I wouldn't call it god-tier, but it's definitely high-tier. I had the good fortune to make friends with several Indians in college and got to have Indian home-cooking as a result. Delicious, though you need to build up your spice tolerance.

They have no understanding of food safety and are too cheap to throw out anything that is expired.
they are worse than Chinese if that is possible

Only if you're a faggot

*slow clap*

It's gross. Even when I make cury myself I can't help thining of how much feces is usually found in these dishes

Please go back to /pol/

In my experience restaurant Indian food is spicy but not hot, have to twist their arm to make it hot but I suppose that depends on where you go. Sri Lankan food is the hottest I've ever had.

Nothing against Indian people but it's a fact that their food safety standards are horrendous

Goan is the best Indian food

*camp clap*

It's because it's spicy and oily. All of you fucktards talking shot about Indian food don't know what food poisoning actually is, it's not like food poisoning gives you one smelly poo and a bit of bloating, it fucks you up hard.

Wouldn't you only have to worry about this kind of thing if you're actually in India?

I like the spice but their dishes tend to be served cold or warm at best because they eat with their hands.

What utter bollocks

This. My indian roommate leaves chicken out all night. I basically have to be watching from the grocery store to my plate to make sure I don't get salmonella.

Went to Delhi a few years ago and tried some street vendor curry. Ended up with food poisoning. Could be the Pajeet and his need to not poo in loo and wash or something else. Tasted fucking amazing though. I'll go to a restaurant if I'm ever in India again.

>be India
>have a wealth of interesting spices and native vegetables
>don't have a wealth of IQ
>slap fifty cups of spice onto one chicken breast and simmer it in cow piss
>naturally it tastes disgusting and makes you shit your insides out
>England appears and decides they own you now
>find all your nice spices and take some back home
>suddenly they, the Scottish and Americans use your spices to make actual food
>turns out all it took to be a culinary master was sensible spice proportions and flavor profiles
>shit yourself in surprise

Yes, that was the point of my post, the IDEA of it has soured my enjoyment of indian food, even if it is irrational and I have nothing to fear.
Kinda like someone can be raped by a bull and thus kinda lose their taste for beef

Chicken tikka masala is fucking delicious, but it's about as indian as fish and chips.
But indian takeaway is top tier takeaway, right up there with chinese.

Or if you're eating at a cheap disreputable indian restaurant. Anywhere with a good reputation will be making damn sure it's chefs wash their fucking hands.

Big fan of chicken desi khana

>This is what hipsters actually believe

>be India
>have a wealth of interesting spices and native vegetables
>don't have a wealth of IQ
>slap fifty cups of spice onto one chicken breast and simmer it in cow piss
>naturally it tastes disgusting and makes you shit your insides out
>England appears and decides they own you now
>find all your nice spices and take some back home
>suddenly they, the Scots and Americans use your spices to make actual food
>turns out all it took to be a culinary master was sensible spice proportions and flavor profiles
>shit yourself in surprise

I cook dal fry all the time, absolutely love Indian food

why does it look like slop though? it looks unappetizing

Sorry. Not foods can be shaped like tendies.

because most of their dishes are essentially just stews. color is probably the only appearance aspect that they have imo. still tasty but overrated i think

chana masala, naan and palak paneer.

delicious orgasm in my mouth.

Maybe so but it's the tastiest slop you've ever had
Are you also above soup? Chili? Dips for chips?

You forgot

>Adopt the cooking methods the Brits and Anglos employed to fix your cuisine
>Pretend it's always been that way and it's traditional
>Have the gall to say "muh authenticity" when white people cook curry
>Still can't poo in the loo

You're telling me you WOULDN'T eat this?

it all looks like shit, literally. tastes amazing though and as a complete meal naan, curries, saag, rita, rice it all works really well and is fun to eat. love it.

I'm of indian descent. Lemme give yall niggers a easy butter chicken formular that is /fraud/ but is amazing and easy.
>chicken
>pureed red onion (will give you spice flavor without the whole spice rack at your disposal)
>fry both in oil
>add tomato paste
>add honey and heavy cream to taste
>add salt, cloves, and pepper, preferably white but black if you don't have white

Easy af and delicious. Also good for curry virgins as it won't overwhelm you

There's one Indian place near me that delivers and they do amazing butter chicken. Fucking love that shit.

I've made curry at home a few times but I'm always disappointed at how non-spicy it is.

What's the best way to add some spice to my curry?

>I've made curry at home a few times but I'm always disappointed at how non-spicy it is.
>What's the best way to add some spice to my curry?
Fry the onions in vegetable oil, add garlic, ginger, cumin, chili powder, and tomato paste to it. Separate it and start cooking your meats/ vegetables. Add them to the mix (known traditionally as tadka) separately. Cloves, cardamon, turmeric, saffron, salt, pepper can be used in tadka as well, to your taste. By letting the spices cook in oil, you extract more kick from it- most of those spices bind to the curry paste. Curry powder and bay leafs are actually used very sparingly in real indian cooking and should be used accordingly (i.e., basmati rice is cooked with Bay leafs, cardamon, and a little butter to impart the flavor throughout). Despite the ignorant muh stew posting here/ brits improved it posting here, there is an art to authentic indian food, one that even most restaurants trying to replicate north indian food manage to fuck up. All of my advice applies only to norwesternindian food and I can't guide you on the southie / other regional shit, not that it's not good in and of itself

>gulab jamun
They're actually made of cheese, although they taste like honey-soaked pancake bits to me.

>it all looks like shit, literally.
I keep hearing this, and it makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with your feces? Poo is not supposed to be of that colour.

Forgot to add mango lassi to the list. It's one of the best drinks I've ever had.

What i think ?

Filthy. Indians are filthy. And they don't need to be in India to be filthy. Anyone with common sense should refuse to eat that kind of food OUTSIDE of their own kitchen.

I hate that little dessert thing too. Have you have pic related? It's the goat indian dessert. Those little tapioca balls and cardamom ... so good!

They don't serve it at the Indian restaurant here, but it looks good. I'm always too full at the end to order dessert anyway, the time I tried the gulab jamun was during a lunch buffet.

No, because they bring their filthy habits with them when they leave their shithole of a nation and invade yours and decide to open an "authentic" Indian restaurant.

>What's the best way to add some spice to my curry?

Add more spice, dumb ass.

That dessert is called payasam. My aunt makes it all the time. I actually prefer the version with tiny noodles instead of tapioca balls.

If you guys can find them, my favorite desserts of all time are rasmalai and halwa (which technically originated in the Middle East but there are lots of Indian variants).

Im sure some indian chefs clean their hands before making food

They're governed by exactly the same hygiene standards as any other restaurant in this country you hick.

>butter chicken recipe
>no butter
You're full of shit.

I don't eat anything that comes out of me looking like it did going into me.

This is why I stole their secrets and make it myself. That way I can only blame myself if I get poisoned.

If safe if everything you eat has been heated up.
Poo is pretty good for your digestive system since it has so many fibres, just kill the bacteria first.

thats exactly what im saying that looks like gross slop

Just got back from the indian buffet and ate two of them. Holy shit... I can't fucking believe that's cheese. They were good but two was more than enough.

You are an uncultured swine

for not liking slop made with poo hands? or do you mean uncultured in the sense that i dont eat poo so my gut flora arent contaminated?

>tfw you get chicken vindaloo when you order take-away chicken madras from the local curry-jew

Either they have the same base, or they turn up the red onion/spices something fierce when ordering out, but it tastes very different from the one you get when you get a table.

>I'm of indian descent

That means you're Indian.

By that logic then Donald Drumpff is German.

>minimum trolling

So..you aren't using any garam masala (cumin, cardamom, coriander and the others you already mentioned)?
Also.
>Not using ghee for butter chicken

t. guy with Bengali gf

What's the difference (taste wise) between this bread and tortillas? I'm sorry if I seem a bit ignorant but indeed I am.

Vindaloo or pooinloo

Intelligent contribution, user.

I eat spicy oily Mexican and Asian food all the time, whether prepared by others or by myself. I have never had the kind of disgusting sickly endless diarrhea that I get after eating at an Indian place

this tastes of feces

Objectively the best food in the world, unfortunately it is almost exclusively prepared by dirty Indians.

It gave me the worst diarrhea i've ever experienced. Now it's been years, and whenevder I think or hear or see Indian food I lose appetite.

Indian food is awesome. quality & taste do vary though. You can get the same dish at 2 different restaurants and they will taste very different.

My advice if you want to try indian food, is use google maps & see what is near and well rated. Go to a lunch buffet and just try things.

Make sure the Buffet you go to gives you fresh Naan (indian bread) with your meal. Fresh naan may literally be my favorite bread.

Was living in Atlanta GA & would go Indian buffets alone all the time. One time these guys brought their redneck friend. He was literally in tears with how much he liked the food. He couldn't stop saying how much he loved it and that he couldn't believe he had never tried this.

Manchester has a fair few places, but the famous curry mile has lost a lot of its original curry houses to grills and dessert parlours.

Just came back from eating a lamb dopazia. Delicious, but my stomach is on fire. Still worth.