Infinite Jest vs Ulysses for a gift to a pleb

It's my gf's birthday. She only reads things about detectives and serial killers. The most Veeky Forums-related book she has read is Lolita.

Should I get her Infinite Jest or Ulysses?

You should get your nonexistent gf neither.

But great, another 'women are stupid worthless whores'-thread is up and running. Great job

Why not get her a Veeky Forums book about detectives and/or serial killers? 2666, mayhaps.

these are nice numbers fåm

No. Get her In Cold Blood or something.

You should also be aware that her interest in violent, dangerous men is a symptom of sexual frustration.

buy her Finnegan's Wake

infinite jest is pleb teir. any normie can read that. it's just long. which most normies will be afraid of. omgz more than 250 pages WTFFF that's soooooo long like wtf

Excellent post, camarade.

>You should also be aware that her interest in violent, dangerous men is a symptom of sexual frustration.
Tell me more.

kill yourself pedofag

IJ is a way easier read than Ulysses

get her "On Women" by Schopenhauer

>buying a plebs ulysses
That's like buying a deaf person high end headphones

kek

Undoubtedly buy her The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. She'll need to step up her reading game to fully appreciate it but it has aspects of everything she'll like and is quite Veeky Forums as well

yeah but it's not like she's going to read it anyways IJ for most people is just an adornment, something you put on your shelf to make yourself look hip and well-read when you have normies over

Yeah just hand her a doorstopper she's never expressed interest in. Everyone loves that.

why not get her a book about serial killers and detectives?

What is your endgame? Trolling her because you know she won't read it? Hoping to change her reading habits by exposing her to it?

If the latter, she is much, much more likely to get into (and finish) Infinite Jest. Why would you even compare IJ and Ulysses. Infinite Jest is not at all a difficult book. It's just long. Anybody can read and understand it with the knowledge they have now. With Ulysses, knowledge of Irish history and Irish politics of the period are almost essential. Not to mention Dublin slang from the period, literary allusions, etc. Ulysses is a far more recondite text that requires certain crucial understandings to fully grasp it.

The hardest part of Infinite Jest was the Eschaton chapter. and that's just keep acronyms straight in your head.

>Eschaton chapter.
Jesus that made me want to stick my head through the wall

>Eschaton chapter.

I'm almost halfway through it and that was one of the highlights for me so far desu. The only thing that sucks about this book so far is the overuse of "like" and remembering all of the fecking characters

>not sticking your head in a microwave

pleb

Why not just say to her "I'm so insecure I let pseuds on the internet tell me what's good so I can force you to like it too."