What's the longest you've stayed awake and what was it like?

What's the longest you've stayed awake and what was it like?

Other urls found in this thread:

healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/matters/consequences/sleep-and-disease-risk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I once slept 4 hours a day for a whole week
Boy oh boy let me tell you. I learn my lesson the hard way. Never, ever again for as long as I live

6 hours

t. Koala

in the military some shithead of a lieutenant made do stuff from 6 o clock in the morning until 6 o clock in the evening next day

Bi polar disorder. I've gone 55 hours during manic episodes. No drugs. My life is a living hell and I hope one day the government is compassionate enough to go back to euthanizing the mentally ill en masse.

this sounds horrible. I always thought the manic episodes were the... well... fun part of this disease

Well they are. What follows them is the bad part.

Why no drugs? Not available at the time or a willfull choice?

when i get to sleep two or three hours a night shit gets pretty freaky, i started hallucinating during lectures and i had to walk for a solid hour but when my feet started to hurt they didn't hurt but started feeling cold when there was supposed to be pain

i think taking lsd has probably done some rewiring in my brain desu

i think i stayed up for like 26 hours when i watched the election cause i had some seminars to go to, i was pretty much on auto-pilot, like really deep 'my conscience is stuck in some corner in my brain and the rest is just going around existing' kind of stuff

I think he meant he stayed awake without any drugs

> hope one day the government is compassionate enough to go back to euthanizing the mentally ill en masse

Move to Belgium, we've been doing it for over a decade.

40 hours or so. It wasn't fun. No hallucinations, just really tired

IT dude on a solo mission, no sleep 120 hrs right before deadline. horrible experience. body and mind went psycho, no drugs involved. got 1000 bucks per day, won the pitch, totally not worth it. do not recommend, wouldn't do it again. took days of sleep to recover, had probs w concentration for weeks, ran low on motivation for weeks. had probs afterwards: body switched to auto sleep mode every now and then: gf opened locked bathroom door, found me sleeping on WC, woke up below table, just wanted to check cables, woke up while having a bath, water was cold and body shaking... your xp may differ, but 4 me: never again

whew not bad

120 hours is insane.

2 and a half days, so about 55 hours. Intense programming for about 15 hours non-stop during that, some math afterwards

I think that that specific stunt fucked my brain in a way since after I did it I'm having anxieties that I never had before - like an arbitrary panic attack that I might go crazy, which feeds back on itself because anxiety is technically considered a state of "craziness", which then amplifies and keeps triggering me because I might be going crazy.

What a fun ride to be honest my dudes

maybe 40-30 hours, cant remember. what was cool were the hallucinations, whenever id look at the ground people were running and jumping at me. there were dinosaurs too

I could stay up 3 days in my teens, but if I try it now (25) I feel like utter shit after 25 hours. Heart racing, headache and nausea.

42 hours, I had hallucinations

2 days
had hypnagogic hallucinations within 28 hours but they only happened when i wasn't doing anything

I can't get more than 5 hours sleep a night, it feels like my iq has halved and I just can't function 100% when I'm getting my head down for programming or maths. It's been like this for months and I can't break out of this pattern... Does anyone have the same problem? How can I get to sleep earlier?

Sounds like a medical issue (not a horrible one, but insomnia sucks donkey balls).
Working shifts for only 3 years ruined my sleep

Not a doctor but maybe some kind of sleep deprivation and/or HPPD?

Wow, that sounds insane.

42 hours

just tired

Over time my sleep schedule drifted, and I started going to bed at 5 AM and waking up at 1 PM. To fix it, I stayed up from like 2 PM to 10 PM the next day, and was awake for a total of 32 hours. I was really tired after about 20 hours of staying awake, using my muscles felt kind of weird, like I didn't get very strong sensory feedback, felt kind of dampened, like I'm moving a remote controlled body. I went for a 5 km run in the 26th hour, and I performed very badly, but wasn't too bad or anything. I could also focus better than usual when I didn't feel extremely tired, because the feeling of tiredness came in waves, like I felt like dying for half an hour, and then felt pretty normal for the next 30 minutes. Btw, it did fix my sleep schedule (have done it on two separate occasions, actually), so if yours is fucked up too, this is the easiest way to unfuck it, just don't give in to the temptation to go to sleep at 5 pm or something.

Yeah, the random panic attacks that get triggered by absolute bullshit were the worst - like some guy walking down the street in front of my house and saying something, triggering the entire range of "was that a hallucination? do I have schizophrenia now????" anxieties, which leads to "why am I getting illogical panic attacks, that's a sign of schizophrenia, maybe I have schizophrenia??". It was a never ending loop.

Good thing is that I got that under control after autistically obsessing with observing how my brain works, which lead to me proving to myself that there's actually nothing wrong with me. Once you defeat one anxiety you build resistance to it, which is great because that shit was terrible and I never want to experience it again (and thankfully, never will). Sorry for the blog.

The longest ive stayed awake was when skyrim first was released to the ps3, was awake for atleast 70 hours.

No you weren't

You guys are all fucking pussies, acting like you have PTSD from staying awake for 50 hrs. I regularly stay awake for 48. You get tired and concentration decreases, that's it. STFU with your pussy hallucinations and shit

How do you even attain something like uberman?

Most normal people are done and dusted by the 30 hour mark for a reason user, regularly allowing yourself to be up for 48 hours is not healthy or something you should brag about.

Sure, I'm trying to become a doctor, I think it's both. Knowing why it happens doesn't change the fact that we're only human, sadly.

You are a faggot.

It's probably not optimally healthy, but it's not that horrible.

but I do

four days studying orgo for final exam. Passed out for day and a half.
I was delirious, didn't understand what was real or fake, couldn't use one eye cause how shot it was. Light in general gave me a massive headache, and I would tear up from it.

Why would you consider that optimal for studying?

80 hours because of insomnia. Being at work on the final day was kind of like a dream; I didn't have auditory or visual hallucinations, but I did see weird color patterns forming as I looked around. I was spacing out a lot and had slow reactions to coworkers talking to me and events going on. I think I mostly lost my appetite and everything seemed confusing. Would not recommend.

54 hours after pulling an all nighter for an exam and then going on a bender, was absolutely fine to be honest, probably could have stayed up for a while longer but i was too drunk. i also failed that exam

Once I was up for 48 hours because I was travelling a different country and didn't want to waste time on the last couple days
By the end of the 48 hours I still felt normal, except I was tired
That's the only time I've ever been awake more than 24 hours
I've only travelled in one country other than my own
I can't believe all the people itt feel like they're dying and have hallucinations when they are awake more than 24 hours
I was awake for 48 as a teenager travelling and still felt perfectly fine

>delirious
Yeah great studying. Fucking normie brainlets and their all nighters

dumbass undergrad. To be young and dumb.

>Boy oh boy let me tell you. I learn my lesson the hard way. Never, ever again for as long as I live
What happened?
Don't leave us hanging boi.

36 hours (skipping sleep one night) because I was curious.
Honestly I don't understand healthy people who go multiple days without sleeping.
Eat something, take a nap and your productivity will increase.

approximately 36 hours. This is lot for me. I sleep over 8 hours a day. The last hours I noticed I was functioning in ticks. Like I could have a new thought only every 3 seconds or so. Also it affected my judgment. I was completely task oriented with no mental blocks or filters. I did things on autopilot, I was aware of where I was and what I was doing for a few moments every hour, those last few hours. This was done in an attempt to stay awake longer for reasons. In those last hours I wanted to go to sleep, It was early morning where I was, It was like I could not take on the task of going to sleep, before I had finished what I was doing. I was so 'focused' on whatever one thing I was doing the moment the thought of sleeping occurred to me, that I could not interrupt it.

One time I stayed up for like 36 hours watching various premieres and posting about them on Veeky Forums and 8ch. Shit was cash.

No dude that's super unhealthy. Even not getting sleep for more then 18 hours regularly fucks you something good. Seriously all you need to do is look up effects of sleep deprivation and you will realize how dumb you are. People who smoke two packs a day are healthier then you if you regularly go without sleep for 48 hours.

>People who smoke two packs a day are healthier then you if you regularly go without sleep for 48 hours.
[citation needed]

These are only the lungs.

72 hours
I was hallucinating, and was getting spooked by my own shadow or anything in my peripheral vision

About 3 1/2 days so I could catch up on a ton of classwork I didn't do. I did pass out for a few minutes at some point though; I jolted awake when I heard my sister rummaging in the kitchen. Toward the end of the second day, I started hearing really pleasant, instrumental music (maybe just a memory of some classical music I listened to earlier in the day but I didn't recognize the piece) and also somebody faintly saying my name every now and then.
The hallucinations actually motivated me to stay awake longer. I thought it was a very intriguing experience.

~40 hours straight of study, it was terrible.

How can I describe it, I didn't even feel sleepy at all, it was more like a light headache and dizziness, combined with body sensory numbness. Felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head and that my skull was shrinking. Also felt like seeing hallucinations, but that wasn't too bad. Not worth it senpai.

Data from three large cross-sectional epidemiological studies reveal that sleeping five hours or less per night increased mortality risk from all causes by roughly 15 percent.
healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/matters/consequences/sleep-and-disease-risk

That's just for 5 hours a night, they can't ethically test 48 sleep deprivation repeatedly.

Because most people here pulling off days without sleep are using their cognitive functions all along, while you were just being a retard on vacation.

Staying up for 36 hours doing nothing and staying up for 36 hours studying intensely are two very different things. The mental exhaustion is far too severe in the second case.

So 48 hours exploring and walking around forests, cities, etc isn't energy consuming?

or does the pic prove he has smalls hands? think about it.

72 hours when I was 19

No job no school no responsibilities

Played league of legends to stay awake

> me every day

pussy.

First 24 hrs I stay awake in pretty darn woke. After that i want to go to bed.

50~ hours

There were no hallucinations but apart from crippling fatigue I was fading in and out of lucidity in the last 8 hours.

I could've gone more, I think

I've been awake for a little over 50 hours, after you've broken the first day. The second day isn't too hard if you have something to do.

did that for a whole 3 months
but boy did I make cash

One of our healthy ubermensch-CEO switched to 20 hours awake/4 hours sleep per day. Had a stroke after 11 months. Still needs rehab, no longer participates in marathons and iron man. His mistake was dehydation in combination with high blood pressure - he forgot to drink.

I had the same experience, except it was with drugs. I smoked weed for years, then one day I started getting anxiety, never having it before, I didn't understand it and fell into the same loop of "crazy shit is happening, am I crazy?"
Makes me nervous just thinking about it, but your story has soothed me.

I don't really know the longest I've stayed up, maybe somewhere between 30-40 hours. Actually sounds insane now that I think about it, almost a whole work week gone in a haze. Though, I did this when I was younger in attempt to bruteforce my sleep schedule in order to fix it. It works like a charm. I'd force myself to be outside and doing something with my friends, as soon as I sat down or wasn't moving it's game over and I'm basically snapping myself awake. Sometimes I'd stay up for a whole day, say like 3pm Friday to 10pm Saturday and be unable to go to sleep till 4am, effectively making my efforts a complete waste of time when I wake up at 2pm Sunday.

As for generally weird shit but also expected, I did LSD once and despite being up for about 30 hours I could not fall asleep. By the time I got home around 7am, the trip was pretty much over, my monitor was rippling and distorting very slightly despite not having many visual hallucinations throughout the night. At about 3pm I was getting annoyed. At 5pm sleep did not seem to be an option. At 7pm I was grabbing some food and kept seeing humanoid shadows appear in the bathroom, pantry, whatever. Ended up closing my eyes and I guess I ended up falling asleep for about 3 hours. Felt fine afterward. Drugs are for brainlets guys, keep your IQ, some of us can't risk losing a few points.

When Guild Wars 2 released I played that game for 3 days straight. I think it would have been something like 60-70 hours.

Just felt like shit and slept for the next two days after that but I did hallucinate a little bit on the third day.

Bit of backstory, I had this friend and i'd regularly go to his house for LAN parties and such.
Anyway by the time the third day rolled around I was staring at my computer screen and in my peripheral vision, rather than seeing my own desk and room, it was as if I was at my friends house, with my computer set up there. Instead of my desk I saw the table that I usually would have my keyboard/mouse on at his house. My peripheral vision above and on either side of the computer screen was exactly the same, as if I was staring at my screen at a LAN party. It was honestly pretty shocking when I realised what I was "looking" at, how I was completely hallucinating being at my friends house.

The split second I pulled my vision away from the screen everything kinda just "snapped" back to normal but as I got comfortable staring at the screen again the hallucinations would return. It was at this point I knew it was time to sleep.

Pretty weird experience overall, I think it's definitely had an effect on my mind.
10/10 would recommend

48h+ with extreme physical training. Pulling cars, people puking from exhaustion etc. No food. Fell asleep while walking. Woke up in the side of the road to my officers laughing at me. Hands cramped up while polishing my gun. When we finally got some food, the roof of my mouth hurt like hell. 10/10 would do again.

10/10mind

I've done 40+ quite a few times. It isn't fun, but I certainly don't start hallucinating.

I just get super emotional, and my thought patterns start to get extremely repetitive, I can't stop thinking about whatever specific thing is on my mind for the life of me.

I find that math really starts stressing me out if I've been awake for that long. I think to heavily about the implications of math and get caught up in some kind of semi-fugue state where I just start dazing about it.

104 hours. I began hallucinating and saw my teachers' hands as the size of a baby's.

I call bs on that

Did he do one of those polyphasic cycles, or did he go full retard and just slept 4 hours every night?

93 hrs, reprocessing data as our previous 3 months of processed data at sea got corrupted so me and another dude just sat processing non stop till we got back alongside, only taking breaks for food ad toilets, still wasnt finished by the time we got alongside.
drove home and passed out for the entire weekend, which was sad because that was why we were processing.

went to work on the monday and processed for another 3 odd hrs to finish the data.

still have weird flash backs when i process for more then 10hrs straight

65 hours during midterms once.

The only reason I didn't pass out is because I was taking a vyvanse about every 6 or 7 hours.

No clear hallucinations but did feel out of it and spacey like I had smoked a nice bowl.

Had a fraternity meeting that lasted until 3 am and went to Denny's after.

Completely fell asleep at the table and couldn't be woken up.

My friends had to carry me back to my dorm.

he only reduced nightly rest to four hours

i knew a guy who did 8 days, but that was on the crystals, he said from the fifth to the seventh day he was taking hits no matter how much he smoked, then after the seventh day he was no longer tired, no wired either, just sort of in a daze and everything was in a kinda slow motion blur. i got to see him on the eighth day right when he started pounding the bongs and drinking, cause he realised he needed to sleep, but couldnt. he ended up passing out on his back after drinking a bottle of smirnoff. had to roll him over then watched over him for 2 odd hrs whilst drinking till i passed out. saw him again then next week, said he was out for 2 days straight, woke up got some food then passed out again fro another day. took him over a month to fix his sleep schedule.
moral of the story, sleep dep aint cool also meth aint cool

Don't know about the longest duration that I've stayed awake, but a couple of years ago I suffered from insomnia for a couple of months where I would get about 8 to 10 hours of sleep every week. Being a psychotic didn't help me when it came to trusting my psychiatrist with sleeping pills.

All in all, I'd rate it a 2/10.

This is disgusting.
Did he really put his hand inside his mouth?

After 36 hours I couldn't even tell if I was tired. I had a hard time thinking so I thought "I haven't slept in a while, let's try that"
I didn't even realize just how mentally impaired I had become

circa 36 hours in my teen days on some summer festival, at the end it felt kinda like being slightly drunk/stoned, but with some weird shivering quality.

for science

A whole week. I was in finals, had a group project of 5 people where I was the only one working on it and I worked night shift.

It was living hell. I even slept in one of my classmate's house while we were discussing the project. Her mom put a blanket on me and they all left me sleep for a few hours. I'd pass out in class (I'd say sleep, but it didn't feel like it), and teacher wouldn't say a thing about it.

Practice. Program your naps and make them count. Do not try it in the first attempt, tho.

o boy gee howdy willikers

About 50/60 hours. Completely forgot about a giant programming assignment and did the whole thing in one sitting while chuggin energy drinks.

I felt fine for most of it, but my short-term memory was completely gone the last few hours.

No they aren't unless you have Bipolar 2.

Both mania and depression are hell on Earth. Mania being 10x worse, don't listen to Bipolar 2 people, they don't know what they're talking about. I can explain why I feel this way if you want.

Also done this with hackathons and gamejams. this is pretty much what happens. Also did 4 days straight on amphetamines and beer, my advice is not too do that because the hangover is killing.

>I can explain why I feel this way if you want.
Please do. What's the difference between your mania and bipolar II mania? I assume you have bipolar I?

Almost 4 days or ~88 hours. I slept 1 hour though during the second day by accident. I had no big exams or anything like that, at first it was just an overlong gaming session (32 hours, nothing unusual at the time, I was a NEET back then), but then I got curious for how long could I go on without sleep.

I had no hallucinations at all, but I was physically exhausted, my arms and legs felt like they weighed a ton. Mentally, I wasn't that tired, I was alert until the last day. Often times I felt almost entirely normal. If you consider psychopaths normal, that is.
My emotional "circuitry" fried out sometime during the third day, so I kinda stopped feeling emotions, both positive and negative. It wasn't an altogether unpleasant experience. It's not like I couldn't remember what it was like to have them, rather, they simply weren't available to me. Like how you know the taste of coffee, even if you aren't actively drinking one, yeah?

Also I was experiencing micro-sleep constantly after ~50 hours. By the fourth day if I closed my eyelids for more than 5 seconds I was seeing dream images. In the end I ended my little experiment because I was fully aware that staying awake for too long can kill you, though I definitely had felt I could have gone for another day or two.
Ironically, it took almost half an hour to fall asleep, after I settled in bed. I remember being mildly concerned, in a detached sort of way if my body even knew how to sleep anymore and whether I was gonna die, but it felt like it wouldn't be a big deal anyway.
All in all.. if there was 0% of dying, I'd do it again. But since that isn't the case, I'm gonna have to pass. Though I really, really would like to know what it's like to stay awake for over a week. Or have hallucinations.

Lol you don't die from sleep deprivation for, like, months, dude, you aren't gonna randomly drop dead after a week.

Anyway it sounds like you should try meth

It depends, but walking only will not exhaust your mind. It's actually a good way to get rest

only 28 hours 1 day apart from both episodes.

If awake over 20 hours I get a pretty shutted mode for 2 hours max and but keep on as if another day after that, pretty energized (working)

Random question: can melatonin make you even more tired during the day? I've been taking it for a couple weeks since it helps me get to sleep where even benzos have no effect (legit insomnia) but I feel during this timeframe I've been even more tired than usual during the day

I fail to see how this would be beneficial in any way other than time. You're hardly getting any REM sleep with Uberman

>5 days.

It was horrible after the first day and a half. Before then my productivity shot through the roof. After that everything went to shit:
>Couldn't concentrate even on simple tasks
>Fuck load of micro-sleeps
>Irritable af
>Miserable af
>Bitch of a headache
>Hungry all damn time
>Constantly kept "switching off" for lack of a better word
>mild hallucinations

I suffer from occasional insomnia but it's never been that bad before (or since thankfully).

YES, I TOO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

One whole week.
Wolves. Dirt. Ice. Fuck everything.

3 days into no sleep I started throwing up violently and had the most painful erection.

But that could've been because it was a 3 day cocaine and liquor bender