Anyone else think that Japanese food is so boring that it's kind of gross

Anyone else think that Japanese food is so boring that it's kind of gross

I don't get why white people get the bland uncooked food rep when in Japan not cooking is literally how it's done much of the time

It is extremely bland.
I think that's why western fast food has taken off so big over there.

Agreed. Japan is for vidya and anime, not food.

more abt appreciating the ability to find and distinguish higher quality items and to taste them for what they are

Which is how overpriced bullshit like sushi got popular.

Their soup and noodle dishes are quite good, and sushi is sushi, but yes most of their rice dishes are bland as shit and they underseason everything.

>Their soup and noodle dishes are quite good
Yeah but only if throw in loads of hot sauce.

Sushi got popular because it was cheap street food. Literally.

Even today most sushi in Japan is cheap. Yes, they have some super fancy and expensive places too, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

sushis good dude you can get it for cheap as fuck in japan it's only overpriced on your flyover shithole

expensive sushi is a dining experience and even then like an $80 omakase isn't even that expensive

>omakase
I don't even know what that is.

I'm a huge weeb when it comes to games and cars, but I agree 100% on the food. It's especially sad considering how good Chinese and Thai food is.

>sushis good dude
Not really.
>flyover shithole
Nice ebin maymay
>expensive sushi is a dining experience
It's a total waste of money. Get a decent steak instead or spend just a little bit more and get several courses of real food at an upscale restaurant.

>I don't like it so nobody should enjoy it

>I got blown the fuck out so I'll create a strawman

Japanese food has always seemed to me to be more about texture than taste.

>not really
ie I don't like it

>total waste of money
ie I decide objective value for pleasurable experiences

idk how this constitutes getting btfo

Basically, it's letting the chef pick the food. He'll put together a really nice meal for whatever budget you specify and it's a great way to get the freshest fish and whatever specialties the chef excels at.
Of course, this doesn't work if you're a picky little coward that only likes salmon and tuna.

Okonomiyaki is fucking delicious. Fight me plebs

It means "I leave it to you"

Basically a request to the chef to make whatever the fuck he wants, with the expectation that he'll go all out to demonstrate the breadth of his skills with his choicest fish

It tastes okay. If you give me some I'll eat it, but you see people act like it's something amazing when it's not. It's just meme food.
Dude I was responding to was also being totally subjective.

This post is retarded. Japanese food doesn't traditionally have the same exposure to spices and ingredients the Chinese, or lesser extent, Koreans have had, due to the fact they are an island nation with old isolationist tendencies, and the fact they all either hated or mistrusted each other for a long time. They may have done the best with working with what they have out of the group. That's why you don't see the Spanish influences of Southeast Asia, or the traditional spice trade with the middle east that China has had. I'm somewhat drunk and this is a shitty overview but it's something like that.

u m a m i

>I don't get why white people get the bland uncooked food rep

Because that's a black meme, and black people who aren't outright weebs themselves are ignorant about how much the Japanese hate them.

Dude, the Japanese hate everyone who isn't a nip.
Nasty racists.

>Stop liking what I don't like
>If you like this you're objectively fucking stupid
>My opinion is the only opinion

>waaa not everyone likes my overpriced fish prepared by overhyped chefs!

We get it dude, you're asshurt.

Whites and the Japanese are natural allies.

he's right you know

After whites nuked the Japanese into submission, yes.

No.
Japs are subhuman barbarians.
Just look at WW2.

>Jew Ass Ay
>white

>he has never had sukiyaki or yakiniku

>bragging about a hot pot and grilled meat
The natives are getting restless.

How is natto "boring"?

>fermented soybeans
>soybeans
Soy is one of the most boring foods on the planet.

Uhuh, nice to jump over the fermented part and its implications. Blue cheese is not bland, but milk is.

Right, blue cheese is nasty, and so is natto.

Neither is bland.

Cultures that dont live in abudance produce dishes that use any incredients that are availeable.
Japan had acces to rice and fresh fish, so thats the kind of food they traditionally ate.

>*natural axis