Has anyone read this? What are your thoughts on the Red Book?

Has anyone read this? What are your thoughts on the Red Book?

ive meant to, i wrote my own, basically. well, everything i write is basically this, recordings of the interactions between my conscious and subconscious and the ideas inbetween that i can grasp

Very, very interesting. Above all, unique. I would recommend reading it after his autobiography though, it helps to understand the events in his life that couldve influenced the red book. It can change your perspective on things, would recommend. One of my few 10/10s.

Good luck explaining it to normies if you read it public, though

I have the Reader's Edition and I thought the introduction was way better than the actual body of the book

>Jung, a long-time psychoanalyst and scholar
>(You), can't even be fucked to read Jung

Yeah, I bet your diary desu and the Red Book are on the same level

Not as interesting as Freud's black book. Is ok tho

>Dude i study mythology and when i think i also think about mythology and when i dream theres the mythology again. Must be the collective unconscious.

>Freud's black book
????? are you trolling or just legitimately retarded

Have you actually read anything by Jung on the collective unconscious? If so your reading comprehension must be pretty weak

whatever, i wrote it after months of meditation and research into various philosophical thoughts and freuds/jungs and various other psychoanalyst theories, coming up with unified descriptions that carried rational connections between all the other theories.

its not that i cant be fucked to read jung, havent found it available anywhere online, too poor to buy it right now.

i also write fiction, because i hate pretty much everything i read.

Dude wow, you're probably the next freud! You're so cool dude, keep posting that stuff, everyone's impressed. And hating everything you read? Sooooo cool, and not edgy at all!

When pride and ignorance meet, this guy is formed

>its not that i cant be fucked to read jung, havent found it available anywhere online, too poor to buy it right now.
>being too stupid to use libgen

>i also write fiction, because i hate pretty much everything i read.
>being too stupid to read

Jung is pretty cool, but hard to read. I mean, everyone criticizes Heidegger for being notoriously opaque, but Jung is on a whole different level.

I have it on my shelf next to me right now. Jung was pretty important to me at one point so one Christmas I spent all my gift money on the full size Red Book. That was 5 years ago. I never read it, but I looked at all the pictures and use it every once in a while as an impromptu lap desk.
If anything, I would say its value is as an example of a potentially invaluable hobby: sitting quietly in your study thinking, writing, drawing. Creating.

Isn't this literally Jung's dream diary where he talks to the mothman or someshit?

Did Jung go fucking crazy?

this is maybe the worst post ever on this website

(please don't kill self)

This is hilarious

OP here. I'm currently reading The Portable Jung in order to read the Red Book. Is this a good starting point? Or should I read Jung's section of Man and His Symbols.

yes, he just went crazy and wrote down some of it.
>people respect psychoanalysts.
you disgust me.

>legitimately retarded
No u

how do i never become like this person

stop thinking.
youre probably most of way there.

Of course not, I base all my opinions on what other anons say about books they didn't read either

>Is this a good starting point?

The best. Man and His Symbols should be read after Portable Jung. You could jump right into the Red Book after that no problem

is this bait?

no, i actually put thought into something i wrote.
of course i lost it all, because i wrote it in 3*5 inch notebooks, but writing it in itself was experience enough for me, gave me a better way to understand the underlying properties of a character and how they percieve the world.
understanding, or at least coming up with a unified theory of psychology should be a mandatory exercise for writers

Thanks. I've heard that all I need to read out of Man and His Symbols is Jung's The Importance of Dreams, and that the other entries are superfluous.

I'm getting into Jung because of interest in The Red Book and his theories in general, where's a good place to start? I bought Archetypes and the Collective Unconsious, but should I read other books first to make sure nothing goes over my head?

we're making fun of you because you're dumb, I just want that to be clear

There are compilations of his main points across all his books, while of course missing some things those would likely be a good start. Or possibly his autobiography, he mentions a lot of things that inspired his theories.

Depends on if you want more of a scientific read or a more story based one

So it was bait then, thanks for clearing that up. Cause, yknow, theres no way someone would be this arrogantly ignorant.

>i thought something was a splendid idea to research the concept of the collective unconscious, and so i followed suit in attempting to create my own example, seeing as i was already attempting to open myself to the forces of the universes in my meditation.

>"hurr durr no ur dumb"
i didnt say it was better, i didnt say anything of the sort, i just said it was the same book, a single mans attempt to experience the higher force of the inner workings of the psyche.

>attempting something i have some experience in through meditation means im ignorant.
>stating that something i did is similar to the specific thing that inspired it means im dumb.

>nobody even posted in this thread until i did, and i also did what i did[what i posted about] because i felt it would give me a more realistic approach to character, and i get ridiculed for "not being jung" and
>nobody else even gives a reason, they just say im dumb or that im baiting

you guys are worse than /x/ in every way.

im shitposting here forever now, im erasing every other board from my browser.

Whether it's scientific or not doesn't really matter. What I was thinking right now is:
The Portable Jung > Man and his Symbols > Archetypes and the Collective Unconsious > whatever else I decide to read

Does that sound like a decent order?

just stop posting. You've dug yourself into a hole you can't get out of, so stop while you can.

ah, you're from /x/, that makes sense I guess
you did nothing for several months, then filled out a diary, and you're now claiming it's in some way the same as a book you've never read that's held in high regard because the author was smart, good at expressing himself, and creative

you don't get points for effort, and you definitely don't get to comment on a book you haven't read because you wrote a diary that you somehow think, despite your never having read the red book, is enough like the red book that it somehow justifies your having an opinion on a book you haven't read

please don't post here anymore

The ONLY thing that you'd really need to read before the Red Book is the Portable Jung

any alternatives to portable jung for getting a background? it's not on libgen, so i'm looking for something else. want to read the red book as well

Why don't you ask for it for Christmas?

I don't think criticizing his attempt to write such a book is valid. It could be great, who knows.

But the arrogance, absolutely.

The Red Book is an extremely hard book to get if you cannot accept that your unconscious may be smarter than your conscious intellect.
The fact that it uses the most bewildering images to express itself is just the cherry on top of it all.

what arrogance.
i didnt even say it was good,
i just said i wrote a book about thoughts and im getting shit on, after that i just pointed out youre all assholes because of that fact.

Has anyone bought a hardcover copy of this? I love the German language, and I really want to get The Red Book, so i'm curious as to whether or not the copies of it are in German or not. I'm assuming the calligraphy is still in German, but I'm not sure if the other text will be translated ot not and wanted to know.

Do you realize that you're writing paragraphs upon paragraphs to people you don't know just to validate yourself? You've contributed nothing, everything you've written is about you. No one cares about your attempts to meditate, what we care about is discussing Jung's work. Please stop posting unless it's not about you.