I know you guys hate this shit but.. I really dig fish...

I know you guys hate this shit but.. I really dig fish. However I just put an 800$ deposit on a room so I'm gonna be broke until the end of the month.

Can you be a pescatarian on a budget? I feel like fish is crazy expensive. Am I wrong?

get tilapia, it's cheap as shit and you can cook it a million ways without going broke buying it

My local grocery store sells the offcuts from when they make nice salmon fillets really cheap. Fine for making sushi rolls or whatever if you don't care if it looks pretty. Also other fish can be cheap, mahi mahi is usually pretty affordable, or just get whatever the cheapest shit is.

>tilapia
/thread

3lbs of frozen tilapia for 8 bucks where I am (bumfuck USA)

Sardines aren't too expensive and are really good for you

That's a lot of cholesterol.

>tilapia

Tilapia is tofu with fins.

sardines and kipper snacks

>tilapia
literally garbage fish

THIS. This is your budget fish. Tilapia is a fucking meme.

Get good at fishing, or make friends with people who go regularly and don't go through the trouble of eating what they catch.

A large 15 ounce tin of sardines should be under $2. I sometimes get some canned salmon to mix it up, but even that is pricey.

Never buy tilapia.

Basically go canned stuff. If you arent squeamish get sardines and canned salmon remove the bones (Or crunch them down, its good for you - supposedly not true with skin).

When chunk tuna goes on sale I buy a ton of it to keep me until next time. Ask if the butchers have markdown fresh, if its in season and close to expiration then its probably going to be cheap I can get two meals worth of rainbow trout for three dollars if I'm lucky - with a cheap side thats fine.

Sardines are shit overhyped by le alton brown hipsters and overfished as a result so they won't be cheap in the near future.

Smaller fish are healthier to eat due to bioamplification. Usually they can be cheaper.

All I think about when someone says they eat fish all the time is the Fukushima poisoned Pacific Ocean and the BP oil spill ruined Gulf of Mexico. The one where they dumped million of gallons of dispersant into the water. Lol try not to eat too much seafood from there.

Cost of good quality fish will largely depend on where you live user, where do you live?

I wont suggest its a radiation thing, but I was pescitarian for a few years, and I mean heavy duty - 60% of the meat and protein I got each week was fish of some kind.

I cut out all seafood and my stomach below belly button feels better, digestion has overhauled and I feel more conscious. Very strange.

My reason for not buying tilapia stems from there - it is notorious for being raised in disgusting farms with fertilized water and all sorts of filth in asia. Thats the cheap stuff.

you could probably fish yourself

Looks like you're on canned tuna for this month. Good luck OP try not to die of Mercury poisoning.

I live in a regular sized city. There's a river here but it's gross. I would not even swim in it. I'd have to live near the coast or something and that isn't gonna happen by the end of this month. Next month I'll be fine to buy quality fish.

I'm not suicidal anymore.. but if I actually managed to die from that, I wouldn't be too upset about it. Not for tuna, though. Only for salmon.

The high selenium in tuna will chelate the mercury and let you piss it out.

This is absolutely pseudoscience.

>selenium in tuna will chelate the mercury

Are you retarded?

frozen fish/salted frozen fish in asian markets/hmarts are fucking cheap as shit.
good luck m8y

Kek

How painful would death by mercury poisoning be?
I wouldn't mind going out on a fish diet.

You got a polish store nearby? Herring in oil is pretty cheap and a little goes a long way. It's also healthy as fuck. Just slap some herring-in-oil on a bread with some whipped cream cheese, add some veggies (onion, shredded cabbage, red pepper) and you've got a healthy fishy stinky meal.