Today is National Grilled Cheese Day

Today is National Grilled Cheese Day.

ITT we describe our perfect grilled cheese

OC pics welcomed
Pic related - the grilled cheese i made for lunch

ill just get this out of the way

Do Americans really do this?

Yep. Its also usually served with a bowl of tomato soup.

Yea, but I dip mine in mayo

>le epic maymay

Came here just to post that

How do you use butter without burning the bread whilst trying to melt the cheese

>inb4 triggered autists complaining about a guy putting a little more effort then usual into making a grilled cheese

low and slow son.

He uses Oil as well which mixes with the butter lowering the burning temperature

Thanks

That's how I make them for my wife's son

Um...no.

that probably a $12 grilled cheese at some hipster food truck

he will never figure out why all his food sticks to pans

>cooking
haha ummm no sweetie i'm not a poor person

butter burns at lower temperatures then plant based oil does. Are you really that bad at cooking?

Dave's Killer "White Bread Done Right"
thin layer of dijon on the inside
colby jack cheese
fry it in some butter and rosemary
serve with tomato soup

ebin meme xD

I FUCKING LOVE GRILLED CHEESE

>no egg in the middle

t. can't make a pb&j

You're just mad that you'll die a virgin coupled with the fact that you're not man enough to raise a kid

then youre a fucking retard.

>choose not to slave over a hot stove all day cooking meals when i could just hire someone to do it for me
>somehow i'm the retard
ahaha, sweetie please, you're embarassing yourself.

embarrassing is acting like anyone gives a fuck about obvious lies.
>i dont cook
then youre a step above being completely worthless.

I'm not a virgin you projecting fagoo. Also I'm not mad. Just pointing out how unfunny your post was.

Whatever you blue-collar cuck, don't you have a "how do i spice up ramen" thread to be posting in?

>National picky eater day

u mad as fuck bro!

>u le mad xD

>extra thin white bread
>53% vegetable oil spread
>a couple slices of imitation pasteurized process cheese food
>put that bitch on medium-high heat
>press down on it with spatula
>cut in half like pic related
Wah-lah

One person pretending to be so rich that they don't cook for themselves - yet lurk a cooking thread...

>Today is National Grilled Cheese Day.
do americans really get off from school and work for this national holiday?

Not cooking means you're a step above worthless? So having to cook for yourself because you're so fucking poor means you're worthless

have you ever done the corner cut? Turn the 2 halves into triangles?

Yep. Some states can't sell liquor today either

fuck your cancer
i dont do X because i pay someone to do X for me. Thats nigger logic at its finest

>im 10 years old but gonna act like a millionaire on the internet

Not even the fussiest grilled cheese I've ever seen.

Google "Alton Brown Grilled Grilled Cheese" or search the same on youtube.

I had a raclette grilled cheese on cranberry-walnut bread. They put honey and a fried duck egg on top. I once purchased all the ingredients required to make the exact same sandwich, but I never managed to grab the same feeling I had the first time I ate it.

I know I'll get some people defending the action or w/e but it always makes me laugh how he puts the sandwich on a plate, off the plate, then back on.

Fucking hell. America was a mistake.

Are you high? The dude in the webm is fussy as fuck. He's agonizing over ever little detail, including making sure that the slices are aligned with the gridle, gently and carefully swirling both slices, fidgeting with the heat, carefully spreading on the butter evenly mid-cook, all just to feed his shit-eating kid who could care less about how much effort went in to his lunch.

As for the Alton Brown video, I'd say it's just more of an over-engineered recipe and more organized for purposes of demonstration, but definitely not nearly as autistic as that webm. There's not much maintenance required after the cheese and bread hit the grill, just a bit more prep, that doesn't fit the term "fussy". As for the webm dude, fussy is the perfect term, because every second that the sandwich is on the gridle, he's fucking around with it.

Alton's method might be overkill for single sandwiches, but it seems like a great way to produce a ton of good sandwiches for multiple people. The other dude's method is overkill for any number of sandwiches. Imagine having to put all that effort into multiple sandwiches at once, it's just a fucking cheese sandwich

>grilled cheese
>griddle

ok
griddled cheese

It's next to zero more effort, people moaning either trailer trash using singles or are retards that get fooled into thinking something is fancy by film editing and lighting. Hepl probably goofed by not tasting both sides, so I'd probably put in more """work""" than that

Who makes a ton of Grilled Cheese Sandwhiches?

It's the ultimate "Oh shit I don't wanna go to the Supermarket but I need to eat something" food.

Cheese, Bread, Oil. 3 things all pantries probably have at all times.

Just use a fucking broiler for crying out loud.

Grilled cheese is just a side dish that goes with soup.

You guys might as well be salivating over goddamn fairybread.

Huh that's so weird cause I had grilled cheese today and I didn't realize those corrupt senators in bed with the calendar industry to pump put day after day had started doling out days to random dishes. This is why I don't even use the fucking Gregorian calendar anymore.

Grilled ham and cheese is the real goat

>national day of something that uses a protein derivate
>during lent

>buttered sourdough bread
>mayo
>Tomato slices
>2 cheddar slices in a star pattern
>triangle cut

poor man's croque monsieur which is a poor man's croque madame...
still looks good tho