How does user cook rice?? i been looking online and alway find differents methods, some say

how does user cook rice?? i been looking online and alway find differents methods, some say

>2:1 water to rice
>1.5:1 water to rice
>1:1 water to rice
>boil for 5 min then simmer for 15 min
>only simmer for 20 min
>boil 10 uncovered
>add oil
>don't add oil

what the best way if only want to cook cheap generic white rice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3lzo-R1Yk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A lot of times, the ratio of water to rice depends on the rice itself.

depends on the rice and the consistency you want

2:1 Water to rice. Boil for 20 minutes. Add oil. Cover when done to let them fluff up and add peper if you want whatever.

I already was cooking some while writing thread, i use the instructions on the bag, 2:1 boil 5 min the simmer 15 min and added oil

Pic is the result it's lumpi, mushi and some part got a lite burn and is completely bland

rice cooker

to much heat

also

1.75:1 water to rice
Bring to a boil, add butter to taste
Cover and simmer 20 minutes
Open and fluff with fork, take off heat and wait 5 minutes before serving.

1.5. boil the water first. add the rice and stir for 5 minutes. turn off heat. cover and add butter. fluff with a spoon. serve in a teacup.

i do this every morning. you can drink coffee while stirring.i reckon it won't hurt none. alright then.

1.5 water to rice. Bring to a boil. Turn down to low and wait 10 minutes. Turn off heat and wait 10 minutes. Fluff and serve.

Your pot has a lot to do with the results you get as well. If it's too big for the amount of rice you're making, your results will be shitty.

I toast/fry the rice grains before adding water, you don't need much fat. Gives a delicious nutty aroma. If you don't want plain rice you can use a stock or broth instead of water, add tomato paste, diced onion, cumin, salt, whatever other spices you want. I just use 2:1 water:rice ratio but the consistency really depends on a proper ratio for a given type of rice.

Use a rice cooker.

Scoop rice using the provided measuring cup
Rinse 3 times
Add water to the line
Press cook
Perfect rice every time

The rule of thumb is to look at the package directions, then add a little more rice and a little less water. It's going to depend on the rice. White rice may be between 1.5:1 or 2:1 (water to rice), whereas basmati is going to be almost 1:1. Your cooking technique will affect the amount of water you want to use as well. Making arroz con gandules, you pretty much ignore the package directions altogether and play it by ear.

Get yourself a rice cooker. Soak it overnight, and cook for an hour or whatever the rice cooker recommends.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3lzo-R1Yk

for most white rice, lon grain, basmatti, jasmine etc i find the best ratio is 2 of water to one of rice.
normally i'd use a rice cooker but i dropped the glass lid and have yet to buy a eplacement.
so after much experiment and trial and error i found a way to cook rice in the microwave that pretty much duplicates the results of a rice cooker

>big ass bowl that still fits in microwave
>1 of rice
>2 of water
>place a plate or loose lid on top of bowl
>full power for 10 minutes
i've tried this in 800W,900W and 1000W microwaves, results are all pretty much identical
>carefully remove bowl
>keep plate/lid on
>let it stand for 10 minute
>during this time clean up the starch foam inside the microwave
>after 10 minute fluff rice with a fork
>or if you preffer it sticky, serve as is.

no ned to add oil, that prevents the rice absobing the water.
add 2 crushed cardomoms, 2 inch piece of cinnamon, 2 cloves and 2 bay/curry leaves before zapping for nice simple aromatic rice.

I read the instruction manual in the rice package

>soak overnight
Are you making porridge?

1.5:1 water to rice, use a rice cooker. Literally every asian nation and every restaurant that serves rice uses a rice cooker, don't be a hipster and just use one.

Do people seriously not do this? Soaking it overnight will make it cook better. And no, it won't turn into porridge without heat.

>look at back of rice bag
>follow directions
wa la

get a rice cooker too even the cheapest walmart one is better than using a pot

Do people seriously do this? microwaving rice
savage

like i said, i dropped the glass lid of my rice cooker, can't use rice cooker with busted lid, so needs must.

it's not perfect but it works, and it works well.

> 2 cups rice
> rinse and drain water
> 3.5 cups water
> 2 tbsp butter
> boil with lid on on max heat
> remove from heat and turn dial down to min heat
> wait 2 minutes
> put pot back on heat for 20 minutes

You're welcome.

>dice onions
>throw in pot
>saute with butter and olive oil
>add rice
>saute rice until slightly translucent
>add in stock and bouquet garni
>bring to boil
>place lid on pot
>put in oven
>bake for 30 minutes
>remove from oven and let rest 3 minutes
>remove lid and fluff and let rest another 3 minutes
>serve

Simple

Put meme rice into my meme heater and fill up with meme tap water up to the indicated meme line, plug the meme heater into the meme power plug (240v is the correct meme voltage), turn on the meme heater and wait until it clicks, wala!

Get spoon and eat blobs of rice.

why the actual fuck are so many of you adding oil or butter?
what is the actual point?

to coat the rice and evenly distribute the heat when you're toasting the rice

2:1 water to rice
Cook on med-high heat till boiling
Cover and reduce to simmer
Never over cooked, but sonetimes under, at which I will add small amounts of water and keep at simer till good.
Would rather undercook than over cook, but nirmally it turns out perfect.

Never ever open the lid while it's still cooking

why not

Lets the steam out, which messes with the texture. My process:

>Wash two or three times
>2:1 water to rice
>bring to boil uncovered
>cover, reduce heat to simmer
>leave on heat for ~10 minutes or until the water is boiled off
>remove from heat, let sit covered for five minutes
>fluff and eat

I only buy Calrose rice, so I don't know how well this would work with other varieties. Probably wouldn't have to wash it as much.

Using a rice cooker:

medium grain(sushi grade, short grain, kokuho brand, etc) white rice:
1:1.5 rice to water ratio. from 35 min to 45. increase time if you're cooking more than 5 cups.

Brown: 1:2 rice to water ratio.

Rice with dry beans: Soak beans in water for an hour or more beforehand. Add to mixture above.

The cheapest rice cookers can be in the 30~40$ range. Invest in one-save a lot of fucking trouble cooking rice, and you can also make soups/stews. Just remember to clean it/drain the moisture trap behind the lid afterwards.

Get the kokuho 50lbs bags, Cheapest, and highest quality for its price. One bag lasts me a full semester.

>use the tip your finger hurr durr
he didn't even specify how much rice he put in the pot in the first place. fucking shithead

I do 1.5:1, boil then simmer for 20 minutes, but I also toss in a chunk of salted butter. Works pretty well desu.

You'll need to use more/less water at different altitudes too.

1:1 water/rice (volume)
put it into a rice cooker and wait

come at me fgts

>wash rice
>1:1 ratio in the pot, lightly salt
>lid on
>bring to boil
>simmer 20 min
>sit off-heat with lid still on, 5 min
>fluff with fork
>throw it all in the trash and eat real food

>Put one pinky knuckle deep rice in the rice cooker.
>fill water up to the second pinky knuckle.
>plug in and turn to "cook"
>wait 20 minutes
>eat rice.

I love rice cookers

Just buy a rice cooker, they're like $20 and you'll get great rice every time. If you like the cheap rice cooker and are kinda weeaby, there are super fancy rice cookers you can buy that do other shit as well

Wtf does it matters? Just repeat and try. First day it will be like having a rice soup. Next day it might me a burnt rice cake and the third day it might be a success.
- Sarcho_Indian