Anyone know any cool books set in or that are about Colonialism? Narratives would be preferred...

Anyone know any cool books set in or that are about Colonialism? Narratives would be preferred. I've read Heart of Darkness and really loved it, but didn't like Things Fall Apart.

Robert Aldrich's Colonialism and Homosexuality might be up your alley.

Just start collecting Campaign furniture.

Trust me it isn't.

This has potential, I love Orwell's other books. Have you read this?

Oh I see. You're just the box standard /pol/-tard that wants a pro-colonialist validation. That's why you didn't like Things Fall Apart. I get it. Just read some Tom Clancy if you need some war mongering trite. Come back when you want to be an adult.

Tom Clancy was a genius though

Could be interesting, but sounds a little too communisty.

itt bait

Just sayin, Africa wasn't as messed up as it is now under colonialism...

It hadn't occurred to me that with the conquest of Tanzania from the Germans the British had a complete Cape to Cairo territory.

Rhodes' grand vision was a single railway running all the way from the Cape up to Cairo. Pity it never happened, it would have been an absolute boon for the economy of the whole continent (or at least the east half of it), even today.

Gravity's Rainbow
Ulysses
Dubliners
The Wretched of the Earth

They could have done it in 1920 but by then the airplane was the new instrument of imperialism

Why are you so mad about that though? your ancestors from bongo-bongo land? Its perfectly acceptable to learn your history in a positive light first, a realistic light second. I got into colonial history through the flashman papers by George Mcdonald Fraiser. Note how thy dont paticularly but the british empire in a good light, yet they filled young me with the spirit of adventure/ desire to learn more about the actual events.

In Short: chill out you Fuzzy-wuzzie.

Back to Eaton you drunk

But yes, if you're interested in flash man you should probably consider this gentleman

have a look at Rudyard Kipling's non fiction work such as his travel writing
also Lord Edward Cecil's Leisure of an Egyptian Official which is about the day to day life of a colonial administrator. there is a version in print which has a hand-wringing intro about wah wah racism but old editions can be found cheaply.

for fiction try Red Strangers by Elspeth Huxley

>Fuzzy-wuzzie.

>mfw they don't like it up'em

Obvious bait, don't encourage him.

Pic related is recent and hilarious, it's a re-telling of August Engelhardt's coconut sun cult project, the dude believed you could live entirely off coconuts and that they were the closest fruit to God or something
It doesn't take any sides, it rips both on historical and contemporary society, and it's a wonderful blend/pastiche of historical fiction and highbrow literature

i unironically agree with this statement

West with the Night

this was a little too dense for my pleb life