I am new to Veeky Forums so please be gentle

I am new to Veeky Forums so please be gentle
I recently began reading books to help me better understand myself and my aspirations in life.

Here's my dilemma, I met a woman who I dearly love. There isn't much I can say other than she was the love of my life. About a week ago she got extremely drunk and slept with another man. I got the 'ole 3am call and a whole mess of her crying and all that nonsense. I was emotionally devastated to say the least, and we decided to split for some time to find ourselves, though we still love each other. I began reading "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz.
Does /lit have any other recommendations for books about personal freedom and health?

Any recommendations for books I night send her to read?
Thanks
>inb4 cucked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uSHzODm-Ik8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Woman In The Dunes by Kobo Abe

1) The Sorrows of Young Werther
2) The Bhagavad Gita
3) Never speak to her ever again

My Twisted World
On Women by Schopenhauer
Zettel's Traum

Thank you anons

This man has the advice you're looking for.

>inb4 cucked
just curious why you would still want to reach out to this person...?

I've been separated from my ex for nearly 4 years and still long for her pretty much daily

haven't found a book to help me with that yet KEK

Not OP, but you'll understand when you're older, kiddo.

>you have to be old to enjoy being a cuckold

willingness to debase yourself isn't maturity
you think it's worth it because you don't want to lose her, but you'll know you're pathetic forever,because you can't draw lines in the sand--whether this is a result of social conditioning by a cruel and patriarchal society doesn't matter it all, because it's in you, deep, and you won't get rid of it

OP, please, please take the time and effort to remove her from your life. She has shown you her opinion of you. The amount of unhappiness and paranoia you will have if you continue to love and long for this woman is not worth it.

it may take a long time but I promise you will get over her. It's hard but it's worth it.

>le cuck meme xD
Being hurt and confused yet retaining feelings of love for the person who hurt you is natural, kiddo. Love isn't a switch you can turn on or off. As I said, you'll understand when you're older.
>willingness to debase yourself isn't maturity
Never said it was.

I'm 25, I'm in my third 2+ year relationship, I've been in your situation

seriously, man?
you want so badly to feel you're making and okay choice that to defend it you choose to believe that 5+ people have given you the same opinion because none of them have the experience you have?
the very same people whose advice on other matters you valued enough to make this thread
please get off the cognitive dissonance train, this isn't fun for any of us

This, she a) doesn't love you enough to commit only to you or b) lacks the self control to prevent those situations. Either way, this is not a girl you want to be with

>As I said, you'll understand when you're older.

Not that user but I am an oldfag and I can tell you that you're overly romanticizing right now. If she fucked another guy when she was drunk it's because she secretly longed to do so when she was sober.

Bail on her. You're in a doomed scenario. She went and found another guy because she didn't respect you. That part of her simply took the reins over her ego when she was intoxicated. If you take her back after she betrayed you she'll respect you even less and paradoxically resent you for being so agreeable about it all. That newfound resentment she is going to feel toward you will simmer for a while and eventually boil over later down the line and she'll be back at it again with some other guy for round two.

Don't go throwing arrogant "kiddo" quips to the younger user here because you are too chickenshit to look at your situation for what it is. You know what you need to do. Do it.

I already told you I'm not OP
I already told him to cut contact Read what I post, not what you'd like to respond to.

>you make a passive aggressive post because someone didn't notice the third point in some book list

Fuck off, faglet.

I don't think you know what passive-aggressive means user

Thank you all for the advice, I appreciate the insight and hopefully I can move past my feelings and see the reality of the situation. I know what she did, what it meant, what it means for a future with her, and the consequences. I still want her and that's what is tearing me apart. I only want to heal so I can make better decisions in the near future.
>unironically using the word kiddo
As for you faggot, don't impersonate the person making a serious thread and get me ridiculed when I was looking for some good books to read. I thought /lit might be free of morons.
You are right, and I'm sorry another user had you thinking i was them, I'm searching for books not internet arguments

I understand that it's tough to cut someone, but you've got to. You just have to. There's such a thing as a healthy amount of self-respect and no person ought to subject themselves to such mediocrity as this. It's living an illusion.

I agree

It's tough to make that tough decision. You'll feel like it was a mistake. But it's better than living a lie. You probably don't want to believe it, but it happened. And she made a bad mistake but don't see it as anything less than complete sabotage.

OP listen to this and tell me how u feel
youtube.com/watch?v=uSHzODm-Ik8

it's my favourite song but i've never had my heart broken, so i can't actually relate to it

As a shitty cheater myself, I can't help but feel you guys are just talking out of some weird sense of masculine pride. If it were you caught cheating on your own girlfriend you wouldn't be spouting this kind of shit about your own obligation to break it off, I'm sure.

Breaking up with her will be a learning experience that will lead you to better relationships in the long run, because it will train you in putting your own sense of self BEFORE the raw emotion of infatuation.

Everyone thinks every broad they date is the love of their life. This one fucked another dude. You don't fuck another dude by accident, man. You have to get naked and put on a condom and aim carefully to sit on his dick, and then keep sitting on his dick.

Don't be a cuck.

Read the OP again.

obviously not, but then that'd be assuming i have shitty enough morals to have done that in the first place. either way, people argue from self-interest all the time in opposition to their moral beliefs, but it doesn't affect their conviction in their morals... it's just dissonance

Little bit off-topic, but since OP said he is new to Veeky Forums

Is this guy Veeky Forums approved?

Read letters to a young poet by rilke. One of the best books when feeling melancholy. Won't necessarily cheer you up, but will help you understand the genuine meaning and importance of any sadness you may feel.

Well considering its 2am and i'm full of pain, it fucked me up.
Noted anons, we are broken up and I did end things but still left my door open, i'm working on closing, locking and throwing away the key.

Just bought "The Sorrows of Young Werther" and "The Woman In The Dunes"

Jonathan Franzen - Freedom

Having gone through something similar lately, I also advise you to cut all contact and focus on yourself.

He's definitely been here before.

He's Veeky Forums approved for being taken the piss out of.

Any recommendation on books that don't necessarily tell as story as much? Something more self reflective?
I'm looking forward to the two books I ordered.
Thanks again anons

Love by Stendhal

Ive been there and i did break it off, no matter the hurt. Not for some 'masculine pride', but as a rational choice, bearing the emotional consequences. Nothing to do with 'masculine' pride.