Chain mail on cast iron

Will a chain mail scrubber strip the seasoning off my cast iron skillet?

it will block sword blows

No, they won't. That's specifically what they're marketed for.

Lol no, mail won't do that by itself. Sure it will keep the actual blade from slashing your flesh, but the force of the impact will still hurt like a bitch and possibly break some bones. You need to wear thick quilted padding beneath your mail for it to be effective.

Also if your opponent has a thrusting weapon or a bow/crossbow you're basically fucked. Goes right through the gaps.

welp, hard to argue with this guy based on that image

What if I cast magical shield?

>he can't afford a full plate scrubber
cacklingcourtesans.jpeg

>le thrusting weapon through chainmail maymay

Yeah if you wear the shittiest garbage in town, or your opponents weapon is like 5mm in diameter.

This thread is now about armor

Thrusting weapons are effective against plate armor too. There's a reason you can only use slashing weapons in the medieval reenactment combat

what if it's his pencil dick, and he's very very horny.

Thanks dude.

Chainmail is heavier than plate
Dragonskin sucks

>Chainmail is heavier than plate
bullshit, take a kilogram of chainmail and put it on a scale with a kilogram of plate and you'll see they're exactly the same weight.

Do you just want some (you)s

I need to feed my family, please

>butted maille blocking anything

That shit will break apart quicker than you're parents' marriage

Bend over.

>Veeky Forums: ye olde cookery and dickery

Get a wooden scraper and just scrape off any burnt on bits if needed. Forget this "chink-mail" crap

They still love each other though. It's not my fault.

No, I have one and it is great. Worth the price and easy to clean up, ball it up in your hand, drop of soap and roll it around in your hand under the faucet.

Cant argue with quads

>using soap on your cast iron

>On the chain mail
>Implying it doesn't wash off
>being so autismo that even if a bit of soap did get on your CI you'd strip it down and reseason.

>seasoning your pan so poorly that soap can affect it

Fucking this. A properly seasoned pan will not be harmed by soap.

...idiots confusing keeping a pan perpetually greasy versus actually seasoning the damn thing.

is op a lvl 30 mage yet

It would be very painful

B-but chainmail is heavier than plate

Jokes on you, my parents never married

I don't get it

In video games and role-playing games like D&D "plate mail" is usually considered the heaviest (strongest) armor, and it often has the highest "encumbrance".

But in reality, a suit of chain armor is heavier than a suit of plate armor, and encumbers the wearer more than a suit of properly fitted plate armor. Plate armor is simply "better" than chain mail in all regards, historically. It took less time to make, it protected the wearer better, and it weighed less. It was a major technological advancement. But that detail is left out in most video and role-playing games for game balance reasons.

nice quads

>Dragonskin sucks
Fuck you.
You also forgot to mention that leggings are heavier than skirts, and the manliest men wear rune plateskirts for this reason.