Anybody else hyped for Tao Lin's new novel "Leave Society"?

Anybody else hyped for Tao Lin's new novel "Leave Society"?

>"Scheduled for released in 2017, Leave Society is expected to serve as the internet-savvy author's manifesto about our times, covering everything from the nature of anonymous online communities to the relationship between hallucinogens and Virtual Reality. In our interview with Lin, the author explained how "the internet, for me, encourages detachment from society, from human relationships, and from any stable notion of the self". Through the eyes of protagonist Clarke, an autistic programmer working for a sinister Silicon Valley start-up, we witness a landscape of empty sidewalks, dilapidated shopping malls, and vast server rooms which ironically serve as Clarke's only refuge from the world. While the Millennial generation may not yet have announced its representative in the literary world, in his latest novel Tao Lin declares himself as the best candidate for the job."

vice.com/read/tao-lin-leave-society-interview-2017

this really speaks to me
t: guy in picture

I like the idea desu. The vapidity of modern life, as a subject, is surprisingly neglected by modern authors - probably because they don't realize how inane modern life has become.

Unfortunately, I don't think Tao Lin can do justice to it. He's annoyingly mediocre.

>While the Millennial generation may not yet have announced its representative in the literary world, in his latest novel Tao Lin declares himself as the best candidate for the job."
HAHAHA fucking millennials thank God I'm not one of (You).

You pushed the boat out too far with autistic programmer.

But user

Literally every dull pomo novel of the past hundred years has been about the "vapidity of modern life"

Pretty good excerpt tbqh

>Clarke ate two xanax

Stopped reading there. Otherwise p. good.

Holy....I want more.

bump

That blurb sounds like satire. But it's not, is it?
t. Too old to be here

My eyes are bleeding

cant wait

Fuck off Tao

9/10 bait

I could write better than this shite and I am a STEMfag

>the internet for me

>for me

Someone should make a book on how the internet makes you as retarded as Tao II over here.

Just more over emotional and watered down world-view shit about something along the lines of what I imagine he describes as "Life and stuff".

The fact that he calls himself the "candidate for the job" for one ousts him as a pussy for not saying "Man" and secondly ousts him as the kind of average narcissistic hipster millennial artist obsessed with accomplishment to his peers and image within society rather than his art himself.

This dude is not writing from experience either. He just saw Ullillia and the Temple OS guy and decided to make a book of it cuz it was COOOL. I doubt he will ever understand that people who slave over the internet are sometimes already mentally damaged and use the internet as a coping mechanism from being overwhelmed by their mental illness. I doubt this chink has even spent half the time on the internet as the kind of people he's writing about.

I don't want to dismiss other books on the subject but if you don't consider My Twisted World to be the pinnacle of web 2.0 generation literature then you are a fucking pseud.

Ever read one of those modernist novels user?

>saw Ullillia and the Temple OS guy

Not Tao, but I am actually writing a novel which includes the Temple OS guy as a reference.

does anyone else think this sounds very Julius Evola "Revolt against the modern world!"?

Summarize that book in three lines of greentext please?

>be user
>live in modern world
>revolt

>>"Scheduled for released in 2017, Leave Society is expected to serve as the internet-savvy author's manifesto about our times, covering everything from the nature of anonymous online communities to the relationship between hallucinogens and Virtual Reality. In our interview with Lin, the author explained how "the internet, for me, encourages detachment from society, from human relationships, and from any stable notion of the self". Through the eyes of protagonist Clarke, an autistic programmer working for a sinister Silicon Valley start-up, we witness a landscape of empty sidewalks, dilapidated shopping malls, and vast server rooms which ironically serve as Clarke's only refuge from the world. While the Millennial generation may not yet have announced its representative in the literary world, in his latest novel Tao Lin declares himself as the best candidate for the job."
so basically it's IJ, but repackaged and dumbed down into a song of a bird that has come to love it's cage; into the kind of rebellion against the Matrix that only could have come from inside the Matrix?
I'll "probably" pass on this one

Is it cause you are all jealous of Tao's success?
"I can write better than this guy. Why can he be famous and i can't? No, this guys a joke."
Pretty pathetic Desu senpais

You're here aren't you? A shithole anonymous image board where everyone is a contrarian for sake of being contrarian. Whether you like it or not, he's a representative of us. When history looks back and ask what the fuck was this all about, his voice will be taken as our voice unless we can provide someone else. Who will be that someone else?

>, covering everything from the nature of anonymous online communities to the relationship between hallucinogens and Virtual Reality

Great, so it's basically an episode of the joe rogan podcast, but in book form.

I never read any of this guy's shit, because it sounds pretty boring and well covered by other means.

Jealous much that he will have writtem the novel you always wanted to write?

>be soul aristocrat
>meditate on mankind's history
>kaliyuga.jpg

your marketing is getting really bad tao and it was already shit, this is embarassing

so is tao but he keeps posting here, he's in his 30s and still acting like the literally trust fund nyu student he was over 10 years ago ie pathetic and dull
wow really really embarrassing for you, no not everyone is a prescription drug addict sex criminal rich boy whose books don't sell and he missed his window, but he keeps trucking on with the voice of his generation shtick when really no one can relate to being able to not do anything all day bc most people's dads didn't invent crest white strips...literally the even lesser male lena dunham

Fuck off Tao

doesn't that make him the perfect author for it then?

why is he often associated with mira gonzalez?

bc they put out a book together an went on a pathetic press tour together and are "friends"

tao etc: go back to your barbiturate nap/jail

ITT people who don't like Tao Lin are easy to trick

>web 2.0
That's a nonsense buzzword.

Does it have a chapter on seducing and assaulting trannies?

GO TO BED TAO
O

T
O

B
E
D

T
A
O

Sounds like fucking shit tbqh

I seriously hope you faggots don't like this chink

It's neglected because books about vapidity are boring and empty as fuck. You don't get any points for making dogshit just because it's "ironic" or "commenting on postmodern capitalism" or someshit

is he redpilled tho

no I'm not hyped at all. so far he's done nothing to make me care about him. his best work is selected tweets.

>You're here aren't you? A shithole anonymous image board where everyone is a contrarian for sake of being contrarian. Whether you like it or not, he's a representative of us. When history looks back and ask what the fuck was this all about, his voice will be taken as our voice unless we can provide someone else. Who will be that someone else?
Me.

Absolute garbage. Can someone else just take the fucking idea and beat him to the punch? Hell, can we just write it communally in two weeks and publish it before the year is over? It's such a waste of a neat idea

Tao is fantastic. Veeky Forums hasn't been as wrong about anybody as it has been about Tao. Not at all to be confused with some hipster-bullshit. Tao is heartfelt, dreary, funny and autistic. His prose is simply excellent. As always i recommend Michael Silverblatts discussion with Tao regarding Taipei from KCRW's Bookworm. Silverblatt is god-tier, and his reading of Taipei would maybe show some of the people here the light, as to what makes Taipei a real gem.

Tao is unironically, my favourite 21st century writer (meaning writers who have started writing in the 21st century). Favourite writers are Mann, Nietzsche, Mishima, Schiller, just so that you can place me in some corner.

i have placed you in the reddit corner

hi tao

>neat idea
If you think his idea is anything new you need to read more books

>Tao Lin next to Nietzsche
o i am laffin

Joyce destroyed this idea a hundred years ago

Try harder

>I like the idea desu. The vapidity of modern life, as a subject, is surprisingly neglected by modern authors - probably because they don't realize how inane modern life has become.

Tao is about the exact opposite though. My god are people on Veeky Forums terrible readers.

god you must not read or pay attention to pop culture from o the last 100 years at the very least, it's the most boring overtrodden banal idea, go watch american beauty or something if you want something at your same um intellectual level

...you guys all know the link and the "excerpt" are just fabricated, right...?

........right.......? you guys all know "leave society" is actually on filial relationships, right...

did anybody even bother to click... on the link........

no, bc no one cares about tao

10/10, +1 for ripping off DFW, ripping off Pynchon. This gives me that good ol' Veeky Forums feeling

ok tao

dude this guy is old hes on another plane of being altogether lmao

wow this is really bad

is this flat meaningless explanatory imagery supposed to be ironic?

it just has that "i have no idea about my subject matter" feel to it.

is this proof that asian people are soulless rice calculators that cannot make art?

i don't think anyone clicked the link

>The vapidity of modern life
Can you be any lamer