Brainlet thread

I'm feeling suicidal Veeky Forums

I'm in an engineering drawing class right now, which everyone has told me is an easy A, but I'm actually struggling. I've been getting shitty B's on the tests, with my highest grade being a 90. Meanwhile, the douchebag frat guys near me ace their tests. I've never felt like such a fucking brainlet oh my god.

To add insult to injury, I'm doing bad in history too, I got a fucking 83 on the midterm, which was below the fucking class average

I'm thinking about switching to math, because that's actually the only thing I'm not shitting the bed at, but what's the point? I've only taken watered down engineering math, and I'm in diff EQ right now which isn't hard at all. I would like to one day teach math, but how am I going to get a phd if I haven't even done a single proof in my life?

today is not a good day...

I think I've become a brainlet.

I transferred over credits earned from AP courses in high school (AP Calculus BC from junior year and AP Statistics from senior year) and I haven't taken a math class since high school. Currently a junior. I feel like I've lost all of my math abilities since going on to college. Should I torrent a textbook and try to redeem myself or is it too late?

why do people ask if it's too late?

fucking do it you faggot, stop waiting for other people's validation to improve yourself in every aspect of your life

Do you even need math?
What is your career plan?

Work harder. You probably waste plenty of time you could spend studying. You're only a brainlet if you spend all your time studying and still can't do it.

Do you even like math? Read a bit of analysis, linear algebra, and algebra and see if it interests you, since that's the sort of stuff you'll be doing in math. I recommend Rosenlicht, Axler, and Herstein respectively.

FFFFUCKIIING THIS

people kept telling me that starting a PhD at 30 is stupid. I got the PhD because It's what I wanted and I'm happy with a fulfilling job doing interesting things I wouldn't have had the chance to if I had not gotten the PhD .

I swear to god, forgive me for quoting that massive faggot but JUST FUCKING DO IT. If you fail then you'll be able to say that you actually tried instead of wondering what if.

I know i know, but I don't know if it's really about more work

I fucked up on history because I studied wrong. I did all the readings and diligently attended class, but I choked hard on the essay.

For graphics design, there isn't much to study, you just have to draw. I practice it, but there's only so much study material for it, and it's a matter if you can draw the design or not. And apparently I can't, I suck at it.

How deal with my Memory loss?

I'm also interested in what causes this. I know when you're black out drunk the memories are never created but I don't remember drinking this much daily.

I'm sorry to say this but I can confirm that you are a brainlet. And I say this as a brainlet who worked with hundreds of amazingly intelligent people throughout many years.

Non brainlets live and breath this shit. They handle everything completely different than we brainlets. Brainlets like us think about finding some better approach to handle things, to find some key to unlock the secrets of being a non brainlet but intelligent people don't go trough this shit. They don't waste time searching for a key, they create the key out of their own brain mass so to speak.

I sincerely hope for you that you're at least a dreaming brainlet. Never stop believing that you actually have it in you to change yourself, never stop dreaming that you will find that key. Trust me, the least you want to be is a depressed brainlet.

You guys realize that memorizing is an actual skill you can learn and practice? Also you rarely lose actual memories, your connection to that memory is just so weak that you can't recall it.

I don't drink alcohol

>learn and practice
How can i solve that?

>How can i solve that?
What? Please formulate appropriate questions if you want proper answers.

Currently going for a foreign language degree. My goal is to become a foreign language professor and a freelance translator. I'm already doing part-time medical interpretation and I'll be doing an internship as a foreign language TA in the fall. Languages are my natural knack, as I speak 4 fluently and another 3 semi-fluently or partially. However, I feel like I should be indulging in math because of the GRE, Praxis, etc.

how solve ky Memory loss?
>your connection to that memory is just so weak that you can't recall it..
this is not answer

prl-8-53

I won't bother teaching an ape like you who lacks the fundamental basics to communicate. Are you perhaps intoxicated or at a beginner level in english?

very basic english

There are plenty of normies in grad schools, ignore the memes.

What is everyone's IQ in this thread? I got into Mensa recently (don't ask why), and I still feel like a brainlet in math and physics. Maybe I should be working harder, but I find that the material doesn't come to me easily. My brain is often in a fog when doing assignments. Maybe I overperformed on the Mensa test.

Nah man, just torrent a couple books like you were thinking and start from there. People lose a lot of skills after high school (and college), but you want to keep up on math. I did the opposite; was almost fluent in Spanish at the end of high school, but didn't continue in college and now I want to pick it up again.

124, but sometimes i feel a bit dumber than that. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that my processing speed is very low and my working memory is only average.

in my case i lose my memory because of sleep depravation.

What are good websites to torrent books?

What you mean?