There's an old fashioned place in my hometown with an actual soda fountain "grill...

there's an old fashioned place in my hometown with an actual soda fountain "grill." this sign has only changed fractionally (mainly for cost) in the decades that i've gone there.

what do you order?

here's the full lunch menu

idk what the Bologna special is but I want a Patty melt sub Bologna for the patty, sub Pimento for the Swiss. Suck my ink wage cuck.

excellent choice

Nanny Special ofc

your point? if i could get shit this comfy for these prices in nyc, with a guarantee of ingredient quality and an open counter where i could see the prep, i'd get it all the time.

the nanny special is absolutely underrated. it is named that because this place is on the edge of an old money, white neighborhood. they raised the price by $0.75 a decade or so ago and it was a big deal.

There is no point, just some faggot libshit (high chances of being nigger, spic, or kike) trying to sound relevant because they got blasted in the elections

2 eggs with bacon and toast for 2.99... fucking sign me up for that and a cuppa.

Gonna get the Nanny special and a bologna burger in your weird little Georgia/Carolina town. Finish it off with some fine cheap tobacco and coke and peanuts

Before ordering, ask if they allow blacks to dine in their establishment.

what's a nanny special?

Patty melt, order of onion rings, and a soda.

pretentious faggot. enjoy your "start up" failure

I get the 2 eggs, bacon, with a biscuit for $3
Holy fuck nigga thats a great deal

Double bacon cheeseburger with fries and a coke.

the nanny special is a shaved sirloin, grilled onions, swiss cheese, and "special sauce" on a bun. the special sauce is basically a homemade bbq sauce, if i remember correctly

nanny special w/ onion rings + milkshake

an order that does not contain the nanny special will be seem as some form of ironic memery

"fish"

w-what?

I'll have that with fries.

I'll take a bologna burger and a tap water please

I'll have the baby

Nanny plate with onion rings and an orangeade.

shit sounds good, I was thinking a club but I'd probably get that instead

>for me, it is the CHICKFILET

>bologna burger

Nope.

>Cream cheese & olive sandwich
>Burger with weiners on it

Double nope

For me, nothing beats an old-fashioned heirloom BLT. Club soda to drink, and a pickle on the side please.

OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

I'd splurge and get the 4 baby.

>paying an additional 30 cents to suffer from onion breath for the rest of the day

#3 baby masterrace reporting in

That tomato looks disgusting. It's green/black on the edges.

these almost always taste better than perfectly round, perfectly red tomatoes actually

You should be concerned about the lack of S&P on that tomatoe. Worry about anything else on that Heirloom looong way after that.

I fucking love old fashioned places like this. We have a few here where I live, and I fucking love eating at them.
Let's see....if I were going to order from OP's place, I think I'd have to get several smaller things and go old school to really enjoy it:
>1 cream cheese and olive on rye
>1 pimento cheese on sourdough
>1 egg salad on rye
>jumbo iced tea (hope it's unsweetened)

Places like that usually do really good "salad sandwiches". Gotta have it.

And wash it all down with delicious baloney cake

>LA
>Real

:laughemojifollowedbythumbemoji:

I ask them to bring back Altoids Sours

We've got one of these at the gas station near my house, they've got these burgers that must be just short of 3/4 pound. I always get a double cheeseburger with double bacon with some chili cheese fries and mozzarella stick. I love grills!

OP here. It was a big fucking deal in the early 90s when this place started serving unsweetened tea. The old folks who congregate at the right side of the counter called it "a sign of the times."

Unrelated, I should have mentioned that the orangeade is freshly squeezed OJ (2 oranges to make a large orangeade) with simple syrup and soda water. If you ask nicely, she'll add some grenadine to it to make a cherry orangeade.

Patty melt.
Special order: Pimento cheese cheese fries.
Large R.C. Cola.

Pimento Cheese Sandwich + 1 scoop chicken salad on lettuce + Water

2.90 + 2.80 = $5.70

I'd take the Nanny Special plate with onion rings

>egg salad sandwich and a coca cola please

For a friday:
fish plate with fries, 3 salad, 3 or 4 cheese burgers, bbq, chicken fillet, and a soda if refills are free otherwise water.

For a weekday:
ask what the nanny special is, then order 2 cheeseburgers, fries, chiken fillet, and a shake.

Also what are Chix?

>no reuben
Fuck this, I'm out.

chicken

>FTFY senpai

>French frieds
What

I remember stopping at this little shack in an industrial area.

They had a pretty big menu.

So I tried ordering a Reuben, which was on the menu.

>"We're out of corned beef."
>"Okay, I will have a ham and swiss on rye."
>"We're out of ham, swiss and rye."

This went on for a awhile before I asked
>"Okay, what -do- you have?"

"Bologna, american cheese and white bread."

Yeah, this place has like a full deli menu but they ONLY actually serve one kind of sandwich. Bologna, american cheese on white bread. It's even just fuckin' Wonder bread and I swear they popped open a package of Oscar Mayor bologna.

So yeah, this one time I actually stumbled into some kind of front for organized crime.

Has the USA actually heard of the vegeburger?

I don't really see them listed on a lot of menus at all.

Yeah. It was a huge fad here in the late 80's early 90's back when every housewife in the country (and I do mean every single one) was inexplicably into aerobics.

Then people realized that substituting it for a beef patty and then putting all the shit on it you need to make it actually tasty isn't really doing you any favors.

In the PNW at least, you can still get it subbed a lot of places but you're going to get one that's been in the freezer AWHILE.

Double Bacon Chee, Rangs, Cherry Coke (I assume they flavor normal Coke themselves since it's a different price?)

>that huge ass menu

>Has the USA actually heard of the vegeburger?

Shit brings back awful memories of my childhood

The whole menu is probably no more than about 12 unique ingredients, just combined in different combos. It;s the way most catering works.

made me smile for some reason

If I came in during that time period, I'd get the breakfast special.

Otherwise Nanny me up

The Hurgin.

OP here. I'm so fucking glad to see this thread is still going. You've all made excellent choices (to be fair, everything here is super comfy.)

Also, I remembered they also do breakfast.

What southern hellhole state do you live in?

Tar Heel, born and raised. But then I got the hell out.

I had the misfortune of living in Fayetteville. But damned if they can't do some good bbq.

I used to drive through NC and stop in Fayetteville to sleep. That was all though I had to get the hell out of there.

Pattymelt, French fries, and Mr. Pibb

Cheeseburger, onion rings, coke and chocolate milkshake.

If possible, I try to get a double cheeseburger, and if they have bacon and mushrooms (many places dont) I try to get them added to the burger with onions.

That would be a typical out & about lunch for me.

Eh.

2 cheeseburgers and a coke

oh my

You sound as bad as they do.

They definitely have bacon, but idk about mushrooms.

Grilled ham & swiss with sweet potato fries

coffee plate w fries

>drinking coffee out of a plate

You got it all wrong, kid.

BLT, Fried and coffee (black, 2 sugars)

What do they mean by 'tenderloin'? It's the same price as the bacon if ordered as a side.

I wonder why they can't be bothered to cook the egg to spec after 10:30. Maybe the good breakfast guy is gone by then.

I love that they have grits. I'll have a cheese omelet with grits and a biscuit.

OP here, not sure exactly what the tenderloin is since I've never ordered it, but if I had to guess it's probably "canadian bacon" instead of american bacon.

Any yeah, there's a definite switchover of staff midmorning.

Hamburger with cup of water.

You see, I read the menu the other way, and assumed that they only hard fry eggs after 10:30 Mon-Fri, so before 10:30 you can't order hard fried eggs.

kek a doodle doo

Accurate.

Of course. But the kind you get at the store is shit. You have to either make them yourself or go to a place that makes good ones.
I live close to a place that's been open since 1978 that makes crazy good vegeburgers (the patties are made mainly from nuts and mushrooms). I'm not even vegetarian (and I'd die before being vegan) and I get a craving for those from time to time. Good stuff. I also like just eating a vegetable sandwich sometimes, when I have all the right ingredients (I like arugula (or spinach, or mixed greens), avocado, red onion, tomato, sprouts, radishes, cucumbers, and sauteed mushrooms with a little mustard and maybe a light spread of cream cheese.

>living anywhere in America that isn't Colorado

kek

I'll take some grits with 2 over easy eggs on top, please. And an orangeade.

this is bait.

enjoy your diabetes.

>Miami not included
We're definitely a more real, cultured place than LA.

>add chix
What?

WTF IS NANNY SPECIAL?

Add chicken.

Fucking mongs.

Sounds fantastic but heads up, grenadine is pomegranate syrup. I got a Manhattan made with grenadine once and fought the waitress who thought she knew everything.

desu i just assumed it was grenadine — i have no idea what it actually is. they keep it in a ketchup-esque squirt bottle.

the nanny special is shaved sirloin, grilled onions, swiss cheese, and "special sauce" (basically a homemade bbq sauce.) it's excellent as a sandwich or just on a plate.

This is just flat out wrong. Flyover is just another word for Midwest.

>Club
>Ham
>Cheese

If it's actually cherry juice it's more likely maraschino cherry juice.

I'll take a two egg plate with tomato and toast please. Can I get that with a Dr Pepper thanks.

Why has no one mentioned the Breakfast Special on the white board?

That is awesome value for $2.99

>french frieds

but lemme get a patty melt with frieds and cherry coke

I have to make the Hurgin one day.