Is this guy a televangelist for scientism?

Is this guy a televangelist for scientism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6RjW5-4IiSc
youtube.com/watch?v=Rf8ic6Y1NG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

neil 'there are more transcendental numbers than irrational numbers' tyson

sage for e-celeb thread

Go into Veeky Forums's archives and look at the answer given in the 100 posts asking the same question.

youtube.com/watch?v=6RjW5-4IiSc

No. He's just trying to make science cool so that the US maybe reconsiders anti-intellectualism.

He gets plenty of idiot followers, but I'd rather those idiots lie to each other about liking science in the hopes that maybe their children will have greater exposure to it and maybe some of them will even grow up to be scientists.

Meanwhile, a televangelist is a horrible waste of a human being who cons people out of money while peddling fantasy about a sky wizard. I don't remember Black Science Man ever asking people to send him money in return for miracles or whatever the fuck

You seem a bit angry

Him and Michio Kaku have gotten me interested in science, especially physics and astronomy. Of course a lot of contrarian asshats hate him because he's popular and people like him. Also he is loved on reddit so it's probably cool to hate him on Veeky Forums.

>there are more transcendental numbers than irrational numbers
Tis not incorrect

but it is, they both have the same cardinality

go take a class on set theory before making such wrong statements

he doesn't seem angry at all. if you're gonna troll at least be funny

Niggers and spics have this thing where they only like people who look the same as them. They despise white people who have achieved anything, so they have to trot this coon out to get Tyrone to sit his ass down and learn basic algebra.

> set "there are the same number of even integers as there are integers" theory
No thx

Transcendental numbers are irrational.

and?

they still have the same cardinality

No he is just an dumb attention whore who has useless and stupid mental plesure sources like every populer science writers.They are all cancer of all of the life-physical sciences and math.

"When your former secretary honoured me by asking me to read a paper to your society, my first thought was that I would certainly do it and my second thought was that if I was to have the opportunity to speak to you I should speak about something which I am keen on communicating to you and that I should not misuse this opportunity to give you a lecture about, say, logic. I call this a misuse, for to explain a scientific matter to you it would need a course of lectures and not an hour's paper. Another alternative would have been to give you what's called a popular scientific lecture, that is a lecture intended to make you believe that you understand a thing which actually you don't understand, and to gratify what I believe to be one of the lowest desires of modern people, namely the superficial curiosity about the latest discoveries of science." - Wittgenstein, A lecture on ethics

>mfw he tried to explain how life arose

doesn't that imply that there are definitely more irrational numbers than transcendental numbers

real numbers = uncountable
rational numbers = countable
algebraic numbers= countable

cardinality(real numbers \ {countable subset})= cardinality(real numbers)

so
cardinality(irrationals)
=cardinality(real numbers - rationals)
= cardinality(real numbers)

and
cardinality(transcendentals)
=cardinality(real numbers - algebraic numbers)
= cardinality(real numbers)

so cardinality(transcendentals)=cardinality(irrationals)

he's trying to promote science so america doesn't cut funds to all science

Scientists literally ask people for money to perform miracles. They just have a slightly higher success rate.

I think the role of "popular scientist" is fulfilling some kind of tribal desire we have to be awed and amazed. In the past this was carried out by the priesthood, with ornate rituals and ceremonies and impressive temples and churches.

more people will go to church on sunday that have ever heard of this guy

Carl made science interesting for both science nerds and regular people. He bridged the gap.

Neil shits on Carl's previous work by pandering to the science nerds as he insults regular people for being scientifically illiterate. He's divisive and is doing much more harm than good.

And Carl would have had the sense not to appear in Zoolander 2
youtube.com/watch?v=Rf8ic6Y1NG4

Some Greek guy said he knew nothing. I like that attitude.

/Thread

Maybe religion is co-opting science?
Maybe science is co-opting religion?
It's just another dialect in a sea of dialects really. If religion was the thesis, science the anti-thesis, what will the synthesis be? Look no further than people like Neil or Bill. They are pop sci superstars and with them you will get a heavy dose of religion and science. The synthesis makes not only people but constructs, man made climate change theory is another synthesis of science and religion. Interdasting times.

Niel is a belligerent, narcissistic asshole with a god complex and worst of all he can't see how retarded he is. Watch him in a panel with real scientists and all he can do to prove his point is to interrupt, raise his voice and monologue. I agree some good has come from his popularization of science but more bad comes from such a flawed role model whose main goal is to be a public figure.

t. moron

Climate cultist detected. A Bill and Neil enabler.

yes.

everyone frames their sociopolitical ideology as that which to be against is to be against science.

scientists are workers that serve to fulfill the needs of ideological defense for various groups. their job is to falsify evidence to reach a pre-determined conclusion.

the primary use of this tool is to cause people to doubt the beliefs upon which they can act powerfully, in order to domesticate them. it does not matter what you believe, it is the purpose of science to disprove it for political ends.

for whatever technology is worth, it's simple tinkers and engineers who gradually increase it's sophistication, and not by any scientific process at all, but by simple instinct and experience. the mathematics they employ are a secondary necessity; they first understand what it is they aim at they must calculate to hit.

more than anything else, that which others present to you as true, scientific, moral, justified, is exactly what they assume will have the effect of making you less a master within your own world; after all, true was never a goal - we aimed at useful delusions instead, through which to feel and act with strength.

t. moron

t. 'disagree-with-me-and-disagree-with-science' aka 'fucking-everone-with-political-goals-involving-deliberate-debilitation' aka 'values-cunning-calls-it-intelligence' aka 'i'm-right-because-proof-says-so-and-i-believe-facts' aka 'world-weary-practitioner-of-the-same-dialectical-denial-ism-as-any-religious-person'

i need to shower

Niel DeGrasse Tyson is a theoretical astrophysicist. This means he is a bullshitter. NASA is fake space program. He is also a freemason and a piece if shit human

>scientism
Fuck off, shill.

Programming the masses to Heliocentrism.

>it's a "schizophrenic posts on Veeky Forums" episode

You are the shill

>sense disagreement

>y-you're crazy

no u

Thats not true, you are a shill. You say this person is a phycho, but you offer no evidence or counter points. You demand you are correct, but you are empty. Go away please.

There's no point arguing with crazy people, samefag.

Thats a gross understatement, but sure, a preacher for the religion that pays him.

I havent called you any names. Why are you so angry? Are you here to push a particular agenda, say NASA?

>he calls me schizo

>while believing that there's a conspiracy against him on Veeky Forums

are you being gangstalked, too?

Just because you wrote a lot of shit doesn't mean it isn't shit.

Can you please fuck off with the celebrity threads?

How is your career is a Veeky Forums mod working out for you?

By what measurement method can you prove otherwise? For every unique integer in one set, I can give you a unique even integer in the other. How can they not be the same size?

Why do you guys hate him?
If anything he's dragging more normies into science and we should be thankfull for that.

Yeah, probably are merely pretending, but aslong as one of those actually get's a career in science it will be worth it

>No argument
Should be a bannable offense on Veeky Forums.

>infested with more normies
>good thing
pick 1

He's black lives matters of the science world

>I don't remember Black Science Man ever asking people to send him money in return for miracles or whatever the fuck

No but Richard Dawkins did.

>call something "scientism"
>HURR DURR IT'S A RELIGION TO THEM
>that puts millennia of reasoning and experimentation on the same level as a book assembled by a bunch of confused Jewish tribesmen trying to make sense of their miserable existence in the desert

>scientism
found the anti-intellectual religitard