Were the smartest people back in the old days more intelligent than the smartest people today?

Were the smartest people back in the old days more intelligent than the smartest people today?

no, because the smartest people today know as much as the smartest people back in the old days do and much more

The amount of knowledge a person has does not necessarily correlate to level of intelligence

The Flynn effect suggests not, but its pretty much impossible to tell

This to (((Smart))) people today are atheist and hate philosophy and more into theories than applications. which means they are bunch of immature retards compared to late 19th early 20th century scientists

[[citation needed]]

I would say that with the population increase and availability of education the amount of people as smart as those in the old days and more knowledgeable has grown so large that it is nothing spectacular and doesn't have the novelty it did when the scientific community was so small pretty much everyone involved knew of most of the influential people in it.

Smart people out there discover new things and develop better technology every day and the pace of advancement keeps accelerating.

The smartest person in the 30's was probably a dirt farmer in India or something. You have to be "smart" then you have to be fortunate enough to get an education, and a bunch of other chance factors have to come together to become the next genius of whatever era. So the people we knew back then, and the people we know now aren't the "smartest" just smart enough and in the right place at the right time.

>mmuh religun

>The Flynn effect suggests not
I don't think you know how statistics work

Today there's much more competition and one has to learn a ton of info before producing anything original.
I don't know about the smartest people but surely we're smart as a whole.

>I can't see stuff so it doesn't exist
>Huur duur, we humans are the smartest beings ever, our consciousness creates a substantial layer of bullshit that we call God HUUUR.

A man without his spiritual side is a lost man, you will always have a borned imagination and always lose hope

I fucking hate all the retards on the right side

No, stuff was just simpler back then, so people appeared clever easier.

The smartest person in the 1930s was statistically guaranteed to be an Ashkenazi Jew

>hurrrrr the smartest to ever live will be born to an uncontacted tribe in the jungles of the amazon

Stop this reddit meme

No they were about the same. We just have far, far more of them around these days so ironically you don't notice them as much.

That's why in 50th century we advanced 50 years in science and in 21st we're setting ducks. Literally all we have currently is the particles accelerator and we don't know shit of what's happening in it

The breakthroughs nowadays are smaller and more technical. If you've heard someone say a band make music for musicians, these smart people do science for scientists.

Intelligent != Knowledgable

This

Dat genetic bottleneck

You got me upset.

>The smartest person in the 1930s was statistically guaranteed to be an Ashkenazi Jew

Arguable, from an IQ perspective statistically it was probably some random Han Chinese in 1930.

From an academic perspective though it was probably a Ashkenazi Jew or maybe a Russian.

> in 21st we're setting ducks
Uh, no.
You're more familiar with historical advances, because they’ve been refined and made understandable enough that the average person will/can have some grasp of them. But the idea that science has somehow slowed down is at odds with basically every metric you can think of.