Other urls found in this thread:

ribbonfarm.com/2015/08/20/qft/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Lacks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>light
>can be described as both particle AND wave
ftfy

deBroglie bitch

Like I know it works, but I can't help but feel like it's lacking. I don't much like the concept of wave-particle duality, it's too convenient, but I don't know what else could explain it.

>every particle
>particle and wave

Protip: Light isn't a particle OR a wave, it just behaves like them sometimes.

Localized wave packets are, in essence, particles in that they have definite positions.

Dope.

Then what is light?

Baby don't hurt me.

The force carrier for the electromagnetic force, manifested by an excitation of the quantum field. Something like that.

>Wave
>With no medium

maybe it's something special. not a particle and not a wave but something we can't look behind yet.

Like that's what i'm thinking. Hopefully we can start to look behind it within our lifetimes.

Electromagnetic field permeates reality you dullard.

ribbonfarm.com/2015/08/20/qft/

Please ignore me

It obviously travels through a luminiferous aether.

particle and wave are classical models. light is something else entirely. neither model grasps what it is fully.

>water
>particle and wave

>water
>particle AND wave

This is what I get for replying while in catalog.

underrated

>all things
>particles and waves
you realize everything has a wave-function right? Larger things have a more complicated form from molecular orbitals and it results in a minuscule wavelength but it works for everything.

>Maxwell don't hurt me, don't hurt me. No more.

forget about light...

what about wifi?

>my general understanding of how water and marbles work must apply to all physics!!1!11!1

You're aware that it's not that a given photon will be both a particle and a wave, yes? And that it's different photons that act as either waves or particles?

It's the same thing with humans. Humans are both dead and alive, but there isn't a given human that is both simultaneously.

>Humans are both dead and alive, but there isn't a given human that is both simultaneously.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrietta_Lacks

>OP
>Retard and Faggot
How is this possible?