Easter dinner

What, if anything, is /co/ making for Easter? My family is thinking about ham and rabbit with some grilled corn.

My phone autocorrected ck to co and now I feel like the fool I am

We'll have roasted rats.

leg of lamb for us. gonna brine it with some of my garden's fresh herbs for a few days, twine it back on the bone stuffed with garlic and thyme. maybe some mushroom risotto, apple handpies, and grilled onions on the side. a fresh loaf of bread or something maybe.

Sounds delicious, but how big is a leg of lamb? Would that be enough for a family or is just a few people?

it's just the two of us, so we got a 3 lbs one. that's plenty with good sides and we'll get some leftovers. it depends on how much your family eats but you can swing on a pound of meat per person being safe, due to shrinkage, fat melting, etc

if you call your butcher and ask for it butteflied and deboned you can put a nice rub on it, let it sit overnight, and then sear it it and then pop it in the oven (or reverse sear, whatever) and it'll be done much faster, like 20 minutes, and you can slice it into strips. so you could get a few small ones if you were real worried

also lamb

My family's not religious, so we've never gone out of our way to do any cooking for Easter. We just did candy baskets and colored eggs when my sister and I were young. I spent Easter with my mom's side of the family a few times and they're all super Christian so we did the whole spread then.

But this year Easter lands on my birthday so maybe I can use that as an excuse for doing a big breakfast or something.

My family isn't religious either, but we never did anything for Easter and we had nothing else going on this weekend.so that's why we're going all out with the rabbit.

Rabbits are friends, not food, you monsters.

You wouldn't eat your buddy, would you?

If you've ever had a garden near woods you realize rabbits are assholes. They'll get through even the tiniest gap in a barrier and decimate your vegetables. I generally have to kill 6-8 a year even with a barrier. They even dig under it. Of course I eat them and leave the head on a low spike around the garden as a deterrent, sort of like Vlad Dracula did with his impaled citizens.

This

That's only because you are not living in harmony with nature. If you would just not try to transform the natural environment, you would not have a garden and would not be justly retaliated against by rabbit commandos.

I was gifted this last week. It's defrosting right now. I've never cooked one?

Does anyone have advice? I was going to just roast it in the oven with S+P, serve with pads of garlic butter.

Omg so Cute
i hate meat Now !

Having two Easters, one out and one with my brother's family.

Going to my friend's ex-wife's family for Easter brunch.
Last time I went, the then-wife's step father, who is FOB from Poland, cooked everything. White sausages. Wafer cakes. Sour white soup with more white sausages in it. Eggs. Deceptively strong beetroot paste (I thought it was plain beetroot, but it's mostly horseradish with a little beetroot added; I fucking hate beetroot). I don't know/remember what else will be there. I'm bringing homemade ice cream.

My bro will be serving roast goat and asparagus souffle among other things at Easter lunch. I'm bringing iberico ham, sliced smoked whitefish and homemade sourdough.

I doubt I'll be eating dinner.

>hate beetroot
Oops. Meant I hate horseradish. I fucking love beetroot. I goddamn hate horseradish.

Tomorrow morning I will go with my uncle to pick the lamb. He will be slaughtered by sundown.

Are you going to give the lamb some good lovin' first? At least give her a first orgasm before you cut her throat.

Thanks for the advice, Kwai Chang Cain.

That is basically what I'm planning

I have some pork chops in my freezer and I'm thinking about making mini blackberry tarts, so I might throw those together with some pierogi and caramelized onions and call it a meal.

I'm not sure how I'm cooking the chops yet, though.

Not enough people appreciate a good capuzella. The brain. So good.

>boring 9gag-tier humor artifacts
wow

Other than the salt, pepper and butter? Granulated garlic, if anything. But the best advice is to cook it rare and serve with hot gravy.

Love bunnies, don't eat them!

>capture some wild animals
>methodically kill their offspring for millions of generations until they're retarded freaks that can't even distinguish members of their own species
>carve out their genitals to encourage compliant behavior
>force them to pose with juvenile members of another species because it's "cute"
you can do what you want I guess, but petfags are really fucked up, on the level of gun nuts and furries as far as weirdness is concerned

At my family's request, I'm making some grilled flatbread stuffed with lamb, spinach, and feta, plus barberry rice with saffron and roasted chicken that I'm going to cook on our rotisserie attachment on our grill. In addition to that, I'll make a cucumber, tomato, and onion salad with mint and fresh coriander, grilled asparagus, and I'm going to pick up a cake today from the french bakery down the road from here, since they make amazing cakes. Iced tea with lemon to drink, and wine.

>carve out their genitals to encourage compliant behavior

Totally agree on that. I don't understand the American fetish of sexually mutilating their pets.

...Or you actually take the more docile offspring and keep breeding them over generations. Try learning about a subject instead of taking in propaganda persist.
Neutering and spaying is necessary due to the 70 million strays in America you dumbfucks. More strays=more euthanasia. I will say non-surgical sterilization needs to start being implemented.

>Neutering and spaying is necessary due to the 70 million strays
No it isn't. You just keep your bitch inside the house when she's in heat, and she won't reproduce. If you can't bother with that, stick a plug with a razor blade in it up her twat and I guarantee any dog that tries to rape her won't succeed. If you have a dog (i.e., male) then you can have the vet do a vasectomy.

I'm just doing a store bought spiral ham with pineapple and some brown sugar, mash red potatoes w/garlic and some horderves I haven't decided on yet.

My mom is bringing dessert and my wifes senpai is bringing a vegetable...undetermined at this point.

You and I are completely different on that, horseradish tastes great and beetroot tastes like dirt.

>stick a plug with a razor blade in it up her twat

>this is somehow better than spaying.

probably some ramen noodles or a loaf of bread and some artificial crab meat aka pollock to go with it. If I get my check tomorrow then I'll probably go to the buffet.

Hell, you're the side that wants to cut their balls off. I just thought I'd give you some reason to be excited.

So just use a plain old buttplug, then. Strap it in if you need to. Any dog that tries to fuck her will bounce off.

Not christfag, don't do shit for easter except work, and become annoyed that these people's personal hobbies are enforced on others in this society. I'm not forced to observe Eid or Rosh Hashanah. Why Easter? Do your shit on your own time.

Rabbits are dicks and if they weren't good stewed I'd advocate for wiping them off the face of the earth. They're also shitty pets.

Yes I would.
Just as my buddy would eat me.

FEDORA
E
D
O
R
A

Sous vide leg of lamb, 12 hours down 12 hours to go.

*tips fedora*

>

I don't believe in Jesus either but I'll go along with anything if it means time off work.

Every last one of you, if businesses shut down during an Islamic holiday, would be crying bloody murder.

If businesses shut down during an Islamic holiday id be crying bloody murder because its probably because of a bomb.

Bring on Ramadan

I don't live in an Islamic country desu~

>annoyed that these people's personal hobbies are enforced on others

Agree. We shouldn't have to put up with it in a secular country per the Constitution. Winter and summer solstice are the real holidays being celebrated by Xmas and Easter anyway. The fucking degenerate christians were so unoriginal they had to steal them from the pagans.

>summer solstice
>in April

KYS. Easter is a celebration of the rebirth of Spring (in the northern hemisphere).

Leg of lamb
Deviled eggs
Sugar snap peas
Scalloped potatoes
Dessert is egg custard tart with raspberries and blueberries :)

Never cooked lamb leg before and I'll be searching around for tips/recipies and appreciate any advice! (I have cooked lamb chuck chop before, usually marinate, herbs, braise, use some dank wine for a sauce)

This sounds great. What herbs? I have fresh rosemary, thyme, parsley, lavender and oregano as well as garlic. I'm guessing no lavender/oregano but the others are good? (Obvs not a multi day brine for me but it could sit with them for a few hours). What temperature do you cook it in the oven? Thanks!
Our leg is 4.3 lbs and "Partially boneless"

Mmmm
Cute pic

Naw, it's too small.

greek inlaws are making dinner. looking forward to it

So does this lamb bone need to come out??

>putting butt-plugs in dogs
>"just like my Japanese animes!"

I don't know, did you survive the earthquake that occurred when this pic was taken?

>Going to my friend's ex-wife's family for Easter brunch.
what an odd sentence

I made some toast.

cooking the head is disrespectful. when I butcher an animal I bury the head as a sign of respect.

Lol, that's what I just finished eating. Big Easter lunch - buttered toast.
Tonight we're going out for Easter dinner, though. Usually I cook, but there's only 3 of us this year, so we voted to make it less hassle and just go out. We're going to a really nice Turkish restaurant.

>not putting the head on a spike at your front door to keep religious fanatics away.

Get good, m8.

Good thing people like you can't even find reliable work let alone the chance to run anything or make laws.

Lamb for us too.

give me a sec
you slaughter an animal and feast on its flesh and then you try to tell me that it is disrespectful to eat at least all of its dead carcass?

desecration of a corpse is disrespectful

Nice I did leg of lamb as well. Did rosemary, garlic, shallot, and lemon zest. My first time doing lamb and I think it turned out well.

>Cute pic
TYVM