Why are there so many pseudo-intellectual teenagers who think they're fucking geniuses because they read a little...

Why are there so many pseudo-intellectual teenagers who think they're fucking geniuses because they read a little Nietzsche when in truth they probably couldn't even do something as simple as completing the square of a quadratic equation.

I wouldn't know; I haven't met any

>only math is a determiner of intelligence

I'm not saying you're only intelligent if you mainly study math. But all intelligent people, regardless of the subject they study, should be good at math. Besides, completing the square is algebra II shit.

>Nietzsche

They're wrong for ever assuming that intellectual superiority can only be obtained from any specific source.

You are wrong for invalidating anothers person's mental capacity based on your own arbitrary standard on what constitutes being intelligent.

Kys brainlet.

because most teenagers do not have enough knowledge or experiences to form a coherent worldview. go easy on them.

you're implying people can't get better at math. If you haven't done something yet obviously you wont be good at it immediately.
>muh STEM

Being good at math is genetic.

Being immediately great at it sure, but if you practice enough you can get better. Anyone can do it.

People shit at math can't get better. Most geniuses mastered math from an early age. Einstein taught himself differential and integral calculus at age 12. He mastered all of it within only a few months. Not one genius has ever been bad at math but then got "better" through "practice".

A lot of people have no idea how good they are at math. When people say "I'm bad at math" they really mean "I put no effort into math because it's boring as shit and puts me to sleep."

nice doublepost, faggot

Kys faggot.

Teenagers have always attempted to appear smarter than they truly are, that's how it's always been. That's how it is now, and that's how it'll always be. You're not the first person to ask this question, and you certainly won't be the last.

What were you hoping to accomplish with this thread OP?

Math and science are only for the intellectual elite. I bet you're one of those people who loves to popularize science. Go jerk your cock to faggot AsapSCIENCE and Numberphile on JewTube and kys.

darn meddlin' kids

Some little faggot 15 year old came up to me and told me STEM is stupid and that philosophy is the best and only for the "intelletual." Then he started telling me about how he jerks his cock to Nietzsche. He annoyed the piss out of me. I then asked him, "What's a polynomial?" He responded with, "I dunno that sounds sciency..." To which I laughed my ass off. I needed to get this encounter out of my mind.

Unless you're physically and mentally impaired to the point where you can't think logically, you can get better at math. Alot of these kids you're complaining about probably never went home after school and opened their math textbooks once. Just because you did doesn't make you some genius. Faggot.

Go suck Bill Nye's cock faggot.

>tells you he doesn't like STEM
>ask him STEM question
>surprised when he doesn't know the answer

dunno what to tell you op

Thus Spoke Zarathustra and Karamazov Brothers is actually pretty good Veeky Forumserature, being popular amongst edgelords doesn't necessarily make those any less worthy of academic praise you goddamn faggot.

Made me think I was on Veeky Forums for a second.

he never said it was

why is everyone in this thread so angry

There are too many litfags on this board, as you can see with some of the responses above.
>hur durr gawd is ded nietzsche said hur durrr

I'll take things that never happened for 500

Kys faggot

I dunno that sounds sciency...

>Math and science are only for the intellectual elite

Do you realize how easy that level of calculus is? You literally just need to memorize some rules and a few theorems and that's it. The reason why so few kids actually do it is because the people teaching math to kids are morons who don't know any math themselves. Einstein's not a good example for math being genetic. Gauss adding up all the numbers from 1 to 100 when he was a kid is a way more impressive.

Tell that to aspiring engineers who end up switching to english because they suck at integration.

I think that's just laziness and never mastering basic algebra for most of them. They could do it given the proper motivation.

Calculus II weeds out the weak.

This. And the fact they gave up just proves they aren't passionate about the field to begin with. Tell me they "suck" at it when they spend several hours of trying calc daily and still fail.

Should have asked him to define nihilism and then overwhelmed him with your superior created purpose

>worrying about other people
>especially teenagers that are not your children

you do realize that you can teach a teenagers to complete the square in 5 minutes? You cannot say th same about reading and digesting Nietzsche.

Calculus is hard. My mind is drawn to religion, philosophy and psychology even though I need to be good at basic science to be a doctor.

Okay, so "shit at math" == "not a genius", good to know

You have to go back

>any of those books above "decent" tier

top kek pleb

I study pure math. I don't remember how to complete the square because I haven't had to do it in like 15 years

>thinking calculus is hard
>wanting to be a doctor

?????

Should've been, "how to say 'you're a retard' in moon".

>reading literature or philosophy
Can't be a pleb if you don't like anything.

"I study math but I forgot how to move variables around"

math is intelligence

"I'm trying to be witty but I'm a brainlet"

you sound kind of whiny OP, but I do see that post-modern cynicism/pessimism is the fucking easiest way to seem smart for young people these days

>muh suicidal memes

really ruined the prospect of suicide for me, fuck these faggots

I actually have a will to live and am less of a pussy now

>wow OP pointed out something valid
>turns out got butthurt by some kid who may be trying their best by learning something more than the norm
Neck yourself OP, just do it if you're so fucking butt hurt by some kid that you post on a Malaysian Basketweaving Calculus forum about "boo hoo he's not good at math". Better yet kill your parents for giving birth to a waste of space like you then off yourself m8
You're honestly sad and pathetic, just take a deep "intellectual" breath and realize what transpired between you and him and how one of your first reactions was posting here and then take a knife and cut yourself, up the road not across the street

>you must know my arbitrary set of rules for made up objects or you're are not smart liek me XDD :^)

Kek be praised

This. OP confirmed for underage brainlet with no real life experience.

Not remembering something is different from not being able to figure it out.

Dosto and Kneechee don't belong on that chart

What the fuck is completing a square.

this is completing square. also there already is another thread for bullying people bad at math and it shouldn't be there. this board is about discussion of math and science

Because "muh übermensch."
More like urmensch at this point.

This thread is for discussing why certain people can't solve high school babby math but still think they're smart

because most people think math is boring and don't want to do it but also like trying to understand the world so they try in different ways. i know cause i was this way but now i understand importance of math, however that doesn't legitimize philosophy or art

Higher level math isn't about computing numbers.

Because in truth they probably are slightly more intelligent than their cohort. What they don't understand is being smarter than your average teenager is an extremely low bar to set for yourself, so it doesn't mean much. They're just people who have the intelligence to realize how dumb the average person is while lacking the intelligence to recognize how dumb they themselves are.

Because they are inexperienced in life and think that knowledge = intelligence, so their time spent reading a bunch of classical books will pay off when they speak to normies and use big words.
I used to be like that, until I saw people that couldn't barely speak or write with proper grammar trump me while solving actual problems.

probably because nieztche deals with things that are immediately important in and of themselves.

mathematics isn't important at all except as it is contingent to accomplishing certain tasks that nobody cares about unless it's their job. math is simply useless in almost every way to every person and they'd have to be an idiot to waste time on it.

You have to have above-average intelligence to be able to comprehend and utilize complex abstractions.

you people reaaaaaallly overestimate the value of mathematics.

mathematics beyond the arithmetic that anyone can do is specialized knowledge used in technical trades and R&D.

90% of you people on here that masturbate over math that you learn to learn math that you won't ever apply in your life, would actually find your intelligence tested much more by trying to get laid than doing math.

and you have to have below average intelligence to waste your time on things that don't matter.

what people think knowledge is, is actually experience.

what people think intelligence is, is actually imagination.

math isnt real

>what people think knowledge is, is actually experience.
>what people think intelligence is, is actually imagination.
What do you even mean by that? I'm guessing you're just playing with semantics.