Scotch Eggs

Can we get a Scotch Eggs thread? I've never seen one on here, but there needs to be. Scotch Eggs are awesome. Have any recipes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hkPPn5ycsnc
youtube.com/watch?v=XKCkR6L85vg
youtube.com/watch?v=-QMmfDhrZxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

zero replies
you seem to be the only one to like them
ive never eaten those so i cant help

I made a variation called "dragon eggs" a couple of years back that people loved....

I only like scotch eggs if the hardboilded eggs are scrambled in shell before being hardboiled

Do as the Chef John has done before you
>youtu.be/hkPPn5ycsnc

>Scrambled in Shell

How do

youtube.com/watch?v=XKCkR6L85vg

I've never had one. They sound fucking delicious but the prepwork that goes into them seems excessive

Shake the fuck out of an egg without breaking its shell.

Or you can spin the egg in a piece of stocking like those children's toys with the spinning disc.

Here's a pic of a tool you can get just for this job, but any kind of thing that holds the egg & can be twisted works. It can be done with an old sock, a piece of stocking, etc.

Wow, what a fucking useless picture example

I like them when the eggs are softboiled best they're so tasty I love making them

You can't figure out how that works from looking at it?

Are you somehow totally unaware of the toy that this is based upon?

Wrap it in a cloth and then swing the cloth the spin the egg like in the picture, you unbelievable failure of a human being

This is how I make them:

Encase almost hard boiled egg in sausage meat.

Roll coated egg in breadcrumbs (not panko) seasoned with s&p, sage and a little savory.

Deepfry until golden brown.

Millenials aren't aware of anything that isn't on a screen. Fortunately, there's youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=-QMmfDhrZxg

Reddit Cunt.

that's fucking genius.

dubs bruv

don't bother with full-on scotch eggs, cut the boiled egg into slices and sandwich the slices between two layers of sausage meat. makes them easier and faster to pan-fry.

But I have a deep fryer, which is much easier than fucking around with slicing eggs, then covering and breading each individual slice.

You didn't have to go there, user. I'll have you know that scotch eggs are very important to me. Back when I was 13, I got lost in the woods during a field trip. I had to fight to survive. I had to fight a bear, and got chased by the KKK Then, finally, I found a family having a picnic. The family screamed a the sight of me, and left. I crawled and opened up one of the Tupperware containers with the last of my strength. Wanna guess what was inside? Yeah. That's right. Scotch eggs. I eventually got saved after the family called the police.Ever since then ,scotch eggs have been important to me.

>he doesn't have an egg slicer

OP here. I might try that. Thanks

I think one thing that the posters in this thread who are actually contributing aren't focusing on is the egg itself.

The egg will be the deciding factor and the real reward given when you open the Scotch Egg. I understand some are skittish when consuming soft boiled eggs, but I highly suggest the soft boil for a Scotch. We had Scotches on our menu at a restaurant I spent a fair deal of time working at. The wow factor of splitting a golden brown Scotch for soft yolk to flow out is simply carnal.

I do indeed have one. Pic related, in fact. That might make the slicing fast but it does nothing to speed up covering the slices with meat & breading.

>The wow factor of splitting a golden brown Scotch for soft yolk to flow out is simply carnal.

White people are fucking weird as shit. I will happily take being a "nigger" if it means I don't find soft boiled eggs sexual. Jesus christ, please kill yourself

Same poster

HOW I DID SOFT BOILS FOR PREP

Large pot of water, salt water, bring to roiling boil (lots of movement, commotion in water from heat)
Pour at least 3/4 cup white vinegar in water, the vinegar will help when peeling
Grab your eggs, remove lid on pot, GENTLY place eggs in water
RETURN COVER as soon as eggs are in, this maintains the temp of the water.
Cook eggs for 6 1/2 minutes, NO MORE NO LESS
As soon as those 6 1/2 minutes elapse, immediately place soft boiled eggs in ice bath.

Practice patience when peepling!!

So many levels of fuck-up in you

they are very good. so are pork pies

take sausage, wrap around very cold soft boiled egg, bake til done