Do you like your meatballs firm and fully packed? Or coarser and looser?

Do you like your meatballs firm and fully packed? Or coarser and looser?

Very coarse, with big bits of onion throughout the meat.

so firm
so fully packed
so easy on the draw

Coarse but I do like a smooth one once in awhile.
I stopped putting onions (at least raw onions) in my meatballs and meatloaf because it prevents the meat from browning and holding it's shape.

Do you add egg & breadcrumbs too? I haven't tried it myself yet, but that's how my mom makes em, and they shape up pretty well.

I like them vegan.

Saute your onions before they go into your meat mixture. Refrigerate for an hour so it's easier to work with.
I add one egg, and a mix of milk and breadcrumbs to my mixture, among other things. Mix the milk and crumb together and let it sit 15 minutes. Refrigerate the mixture for an hour after it's all incorporated. Meatballs end up soft and rich.

Which doesn't exist. Vegan meatballs aren't a thing. Your thinking of hush puppies or just...Idk, fried balls of soy.

dunno was just shitposting
balls with beans, shiitake, onion, garlic, some veggies and seasoning should taste nice but they are ofc not meatballs

I don't like meatballs.

you'd love polishing my testicles with your tongue then

I like my meatball to taste meaty but give way to my fork cut.

Like really, a decent enough pork to beef transfer.

I dream about meat while I carbo load on the cheap.

this, ground meat is a fucking meme

My mom cheated & did 80/20 hamburgh & sliced Italian sausage.

The broken down sausage particles really added to the sauce.

Granted this is the French Canadian American version of an Italian American dish.

Lb for Lb she did. Some pork fat too... she was french at heart.

Butter, not olive oil.

desu, both butter & olive oil

Should be course with small bits on cheese or onion visible. More importantly it should be course so it has a rough/bumpy exterior which holds the perfect amount of sauce.

Something akin to a golf ball would be perfect.

how do you get that firm meatballs ive always just made coarse and loose meatballs

I do almost the same, except I add beef bouillon to the milk-breadcrumb mix. Keeps the beef taste strong.

If you want a fucking amazing meatball, check out Iranian kufte. I think it actually translates to "shit" but it's outstanding. Pretty loose, lots of flavor

>Iranian

So, no pork in the meatball due to retarded religious dietary restrictions? No thanks.

overcooked