How do you like your steak?

If you don't like your steak rare, you're a fucking faggot

guess I'm a fucking faggot then

I can eat it I guess, I don't really mind the taste, but I dislike the mushy texture of raw meat

Medium rare. Fight me.

>inb4 well done with ketchup.

Uncooked

Rare is where the taste is the best. Fuck medium rare, don't half ass steak. Just go full rare

Last time I had a good steak

I have had uncooked steak before and the taste is good, but the juices are freely flowing. That's why rare is best. Taste is phenomenal while the juices have room to move.

I like my steaks cooked medium ass medium.

Jesus fuck that isn't even rare, that's blue rare. The juices are still locked into the meat. Needs a tad more on the grill

Don't be such a pussy, user.

Sorry user, but medium rare > rare. Medium rare lets the fat melt and add flavor.

Medium rare master race.

Fuck off nigger, rare is better

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no.

I bet you like filet better than ribeye too. Stop being a woman and go where the flavor is.

Rare - Medium depending on the cut

If you're OP, you're a fucking faggot

Fuck you bitch, I definitely prefer ribeye to filet. You are probably the type of dude to say T Bone is better than Ribeye foh

Rare is how numales eat their steak, they think it makes them "manly," like beards, NES games, and shitty hipster beer.

Rare ≠ Raw

Sous Vide rare master race checking in, pic related

This. Leaner cuts I like rare, fattier cuts get more cook time.

If I was the type of dude to say that, why wouldn't I have said it then?

You must have picked up a brain parasite from your undercooked steak.

That rare is fucking RAW

No that's rare. Blue looks gelatinous.

If I wanted my come back I would've wiped it off your mom's chin

>Rare ≠ Raw

Raw is rare, with the outside singed.....and there is nothing wrong with it faggot

Reply to this post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

Get off my thread faggot

That would be Pittsburgh rare, or black and blue.

Rare is the earliest point at which all the proteins are cross-linked. It goes from a transparent, gelatinous state, to an opaque, rigid state. It's easier to see in fish, compare raw smoked salmon to cooked salmon for example.

steak is shitty anyway. it has good texture but that's it

I like my steaks, or any other decent cut of beef, anywhere from actually raw, to mid rare.
I love the taste of rare lamb, but it's far too chewy for me.
Had mid rare dog once... chewy as fuck.

>What are you doing?

Cooking. Ever heard of it?

>another foodie manchild defends eating raw food thread

*chomps down on another nugget*
*licks the bbq sauce pack clean*

Y-y-you fags... don't even get.... raw is better..... *wheeze*
*guzzles diet soda*

These shit images piss me off because the bacteria juice from the uncooked garbage is contaminating the cooked meat at the bottom.

Last time I checked, I was not a meatball.

Medium rare over pit grill>
medium rare over new propane grill
full rare thrown into the middle of an oak bonfire in a cast iron skillet>>>>>>
power gap>>>>>>
medium on any of the former methods
I like pink but I like char almost as much.

I can see why you think that, because its so fucking lean and the sear is wonky as fuck. Color alone tells me it all got heated at least.

I like my steak medium because for some reason I prefer meat to be at least slightly warm

Medium-rare is warm throughout user.

Well Done

Red=Raw=Disgusting

Does anybody ever get "medium well" for anything? I understand medium for burgers but if people are so freaked by pink don't they just go full retard, skip over medium well, and get well done?

yasss only MEN like rare steak, well-done is for boys.

I went to one of those classy, top notch, steak joints in Atlanta (Buckhead) where they sniff their own farts.

The place I am talking about it called Chops Lobster Bar. It is a sister restaurant to Chops in Atlanta. In addition to steaks at this location they have an ice bar with a lot of cold fish and oysters/mussels... It's supposed to be a great restaurant.

The waiter comes out and starts talking about how we should sniff his farts and love it. About how the restaurant cooks everything underdone slightly because the meat is soooo high quality and they can't have anyone ordering meat the way they like it cooked and have a fair expectation of what will come out based on the norms in the cooking industry. No... evidently this place has to be special because its run by snowflakes. Its an entire restaurant based on the idea that all the cook staff are Asperger raw fags and that the idea of cooking a steak the way someone else actually wants it cooked would cause autistic screeching from the kitchen that would set the place on fire.

So after his little speech about how "their" medium was more like medium rare, and "their" medium rare was more like rare, and their rare was more like sushi grade beef slightly warmed over - i asked for my steak medium well. He looked at me funny... As if I had three heads. I wanted my steak medium, and as he just had explained it, i needed to order it medium well to get it that way.

this is getting long and retarded and thinking about how stupid and faggy the whole experience was is making me sad so i'll shorten it up.

the steak came out overly well done. well past what would be considered well cooked. it was tough and dry. I was on a work outting and it was paid for by the boss man, so i didn't want to complain - but that shit cost the company about 45 bucks.

Fucking disaster.

Yeah, I really enjoy risking getting some tasty parasites because I want to eat some raw meat.

Fuck off gook

sounds like the waiter is bad at his job

you're extremely unilkely to get parasites out of any mea other than unchecked wild game or extremely shitty, trash-tier "meat"

The only acceptable choice is the fully cooked one. Rest is for retards.

Triggered snowflake who drew this comic aside, the last panel caught me off guard.

I like my steak rare, just out of preference. I don't see why people always have to quarrel about it, if you like your steak bleedy that's fine, if you like your steak cooked all the way that's fine too. What's the point, can't we just enjoy a slab of fucking meat without arguing over how much blood is in it?

When I was little, I loved my steak very well done, like the entire surface of the steak needed to be charred before I would even think about slathering it with ketchup.

Now, I barely cook my steaks at all. Three to five minutes on the grill, juuuuust enough to get a sear on the outside, then it goes on the plate.

>If you don't like your steak rare, you're a fucking faggot
I like mine still bleeding, so I would say one step before rare.

This is how Brazilians like their meat.

put me in the screencap xD

who cares, red meat is gross anyway

Who said I'm a gook? I'm whiter than snow.

Medium rare is good, fuck off

'no'

My tolerance for rarer steak has gotten better over the years. However I can only manage a medium. Anything below that has a texture change and really not something pleasant in my mouth.

Female detected.

Needs another 30 seconds. Maybe a minute. Also too much shit on the potato. Otherwise, very good. 7.5/10.

raw
raw
raw
raw

anyone eating raw steaks is getting memed, and is a faggot. you are a faggot. if you have ordered anything less than medium well you should kill yourself so that you don't spread your fucking faggotry. i wouldn't let you around my kids.

pic related. a GOOD steak. although personally i like mine to have carbonization around the edges.

That's a nice opinion

But it's wrong

medium well is literally perfect

Medium rare is the optimal temperature for a good cut. Medium well is okay if your steak is trash tier.

other way around

Nope. It's science. Medium-rare gets the juices flowing and the fat melted without destroying the texture of the steak.

>science

yeah, fuck off faggot.

rare steak tastes like shit. its embarrasing how many people don't even realize it, or realize it and eat rare anyways in order to be 'more manly'. meat tastes best cooked. period.

>a steak is science

american fucking education, people.

europoor fucking obsession, people

>the science of steak

correct me if i'm wrong: in american schools, they just show kids TV shows during science class, like 'the science of steak' 'the science of twinkies' 'the science of burgers'

Even in dogshit public schools that's pretty rare.
All our classes would just show movies and stuff for days after finals where we were still required to attend school, but that was it.

Classic obsessionpost

take your ketchup and leave

you know that's not an american tank, right?

My personal favorite was "The Science of Donuts".

Classic obese post.
Nice American tank as well, retard.

I prefer rare but can eat anything up to medium without any complaints.

That's a Russian tank you absolute fucking mong.

>carrys

Last time I cooked a steak it came out like this.

Is this rare or medium rare?

it's not even rare, it's medium

I don't think I heard the "snowflake" line at all (outside of Fight Club) until every leftshit started complaining about it.

This was pretty good.

Looks like medium rare to me.

I hope you smothered it in that delicious looking ketchup

The correction answer is that it depends on the type of steak. Something with very little fat and connective tissue is best served rare, to maintain the tenderness. However, the fats don't melt fully until about medium rare, so for a steak that is more fatty, medium rare is preferable, especially if you can cook it sous vide. It will be a little less tender, but it will have better flavor.

Anything beyond medium rare loses tenderness and gains nothing. If you like a less tender steak, that's fine I guess, but then buy a lower quality steak, as the only reason there is to buy an expensive steak is to maximize the tenderness and flavor.

This desu, it's almost...rubbery? At least, that's the impression I get from rare steak. Medium rare is ideal for me, has a nice, meaty texture while still retaining flavor.

I like well done. Medium well at a pinch.
I don't care about your opinion.
I will buy whatever steak I like and cook it how I please.
Your faggots and memes mean nothing to me.

I'll also cut the fat off and throw it in the bin, where it belongs.
What are you going to do about it?

>What are you going to do about it?
leave you the fuck alone. you're obviously mentally ill

>raw
we get it, you are a man child, go away

I order it rare when I go out but I don't complain if it comes out medium rare. I always low-ball my temps when I order because most cooks over cook everything.

Mexicans are bros to work with but they can't cook meat for shit.

Black and blue, I mean well charred on the outside (with a little demerara sugar to help it along) and tepid in the centre.

Rare. Otherwise you lose some flavor. Pic related.

If steak wasn't so expensive, we wouldn't even be talking about this because it's just not good enough to get this excited about.

It falls into the category of foods that are overpraised for reasons other than taste. Like lobster, which was a shit-tear peasant-food a few hundred years ago because the world knew it was nasty.

You. I like you. Full homo.