What other hobbies does Veeky Forums have?

What other hobbies does Veeky Forums have?

Making and listening to music
Tabletop RPGs
I enjoy drinking

slayin' poon my dude

I usually spend all day thinking about reading then going home and reading. no time for anything else. I guess Veeky Forums

shit posting and music

I read books. But not too much.

Powerlifting, boxing, skateboarding, hiking, and woodworking. I often shift my focus between the latter three and go months without engaging with them only to return with new vigour.

Anime.

Posting about literature on a forum dedicated to literature and not responding to unrelated threads

Veeky Forums is mostly invaders at the moment, I doubt they'd be into that sort of thing

Fapping, thinking about women who will never think of me and imagining lives I will never live.

Film, music, cooking.
I'm trying to get back into drawing but I'm a lazy fuck and I can't stick to a schedule for shit.

I just took 1400mg of modafinil over a 12 hour edging period which ended in a big spurt of watery seminal fluid on my face and bed. Think I might make it a hobby

Bike riding, hiking and triggering emotional crises in undergrads

i want those shorts, deshita.

Learning languages.

Where do you think you are?

Don't have any

drawing, but I suck, and usually come out with obvious phallic shapes without noticing

guitar, art movies, and trying to stop wasting time on video games

What kind of music? I make music too, It makes me quite miserable.

You'd make a pretty good writer I bet.

learning beethoven
enjoying mannerism in art
trying to figure out blakeian satanism
trying to hook up with qt boys
different perversions

Tea, quilting, origami and opera.

>opera.

fag

Why would you point out opera and not quilting for that?

lit is my other hobby. i come here to feel better than overly bookish people about my life and to arm myself with information to feel better about idiots with better lives.

How is spending time on gaming wasting time when watching movies/ playing guitar isn't?

Films, music, drugs, socializing, traveling.-

low quality bait

I'm not baiting.

I'm not saying that all three of these things are a waste of time, I'm saying that they are all equal in their purpose: pleasure.

Playing video is purely escapism for pleasure with no advantages whatsoever but if you really don't see how creating music has value I'm sorry for you. Film could be argued but if you are not watching Hollywood flicks but films considered art and actually think about what you watch that also makes you a better person in a lot of sense just like reading literary fiction.

>makes you a better person in a lot of sense just like reading literary fiction.
Can you explain how it does that?

what value system are you coming from where escapism for pleasure has no value?

nice postmodernist reductionism, muh subjectivity and pleasure is the point of everything, fuck off

So you can't explain it to me either, or why are you offended?

Thinking about sex almost all day. I swear I'm going mad.

I suppose because the latter two tend to feel like you are improving upon yourself. Watching movies is dependant on what you're watching I suppose but playing an instrument is honing a skill that remains, playing a game does nothing for you in the long term.

i'm really sorry but you're a textbook idiot. you've bought into the idea that things need to be "considered art" by some unspecified authority before you are allowed to derive meaning from them. meanwhile an actually smart person could talk more intelligently about a trailer for transformers than you could about the entire filmography of kieslowski or whoever.

i mean you've actually listed "thinking" as a second step after "make sure it's considered art". can you be any more obvious

Ultimately though what's the point of your new skill? Still pleasure.

I suppose you could argue that you derive more pleasure from mastering an instrument than playing a game, but surely that's different for everyone.

Eh, welcome to Veeky Forums, man. Pseuds here don't read because they enjoy it, they read Gravity Rainbow because it makes them much more clever and profound than everyone else.

Lifting, partying, music, swimming

VIdeo games, sometimes fencing, history, trying to get into tapletop but I don't know where to start. Also I write but i'm pretty sure most people on here write.

Pro wrestling, cooking, military surplus firearms

>other hobbies
If you have "other hobbies" that aren't also intellectual (like music or science) you are not Veeky Forums. If you have a job, you are not Veeky Forums

I gave up all my hobbies. I have only read 100 pages in the past two or three weeks, not really sure.

I started reading again yesterday but I don't know what to do with my time when I'm not reading. Nothing interests me enough to make me leave me dark little hole.

Posting on Veeky Forums and watching youtube occupies me but I don't connect with most of the people here and I've been on this site since 2008. Either people are like me and we are connected by our inability to connect or they are completely psychotic and alien to me.

Reading, chess, music, fucking my gf every day.

Sad!

And, to add to this user's post, you can also improve your skill at a video game if that's your thing.
Gitting gud at dmc3 or Blood is as impressive as learning guitar, IMO.

Just because no big philosopher has said that video games can have aesthetic value doesn't mean that it isn't there. Play space funeral or Drakengard/Nier if you're picky.

>if you really don't see how creating music has value I'm sorry for you

Making Music doesn't have value by default, if we're going by your idea that it's bad to enjoy something that isn't 'literary,' because, until you're told that the music you made has 'literary' (or equivalent) value, it has nothing, and you wasted you time playing guitar, according to what you said in your post.

Play video games.

I started going to the gym recently
Used to play guitar but gave it up
Joined the rowing club at my uni, but it turns out they're all lunatics and I like having free time so that's a bust.
Listen to music watch the odd film but I don't know if any of that counts
All in all I'm looking for some new hobbies
Any suggestions?

Sounds cute, user.

Interesting, because my hobbies are also reading, chess, music, and fucking your girlfriend everyday.

>tea ceremony
t. weeb faggot

try reading

I used to do a lot of things. I used to do judo, and weightlifting, and I'd read 40+ pages minimum, I would write and even kept a journal. I played video games with my friends too.

Now I can barely read 10 pages a day. I don't work. I am so bored when I play video games... I can't afford judo or a gym anymore.

Painting, playing bass, hiking, camping, traveling, snowboarding, photography.

writing poetry because I can't find enough time to devote to writing a novel
playing various stringed instruments
watching pretentious films from france and japan
I like to learn languages, semi-fluent in 5 but probably going to focus on one secondary soon so that I can read lit written in that language
Skiing in the winter
Camping, especially in the winter (I live in the north)
Photography because I have no discernible talent in real visual arts. I still like to fuck around on canvas sometimes but it's mostly bullshit, maybe one day I'll give it a serious go.

Having tfwnogf gives me a lot of time on my hands

pick up some form of knitting/crochet/that kinda craft, i feel it'd fit with the hobbies you already have and it's p relaxing

Well yeah, user. I'm doing graduate studies in Japanese lit too. Doesn't get much more weeb.

Yep, I love to crochet. I don't do it as often as quilting since there just aren't as many types of projects I can think of to do with it (you can only make so many scarves and beanies). I should probably pick up some books for ideas--if you have any recs, I'd love to have them.

Cheeky cunt

Using the internet compulsively

Gong Fu tea
obsessively researching japanese niche videogames
buying shit from china

plz help

Laughing at nerds while looking at my beautiful reflection in the mirror.

Veeky Forums and /out/
dislike movies and television
music is good but I feel like listening to it too often makes it lose its impact, live performances are best

>crochet
not that user but two words for you: mermaid blanket

What's your favorite tea/some of your favorites?

Not him, but I love green tea.

>pretentious films from france and japan
Like what, user?

What kind of green tea? All I can have lately is houjicha.

Art, vidya, music-listening, movie-watching

same. w2c?

Music
Lifting
Wasting time on the internet
Anime/manga, fapping to hentai
Playing 50ish hours of vidya per year and then quitting when I remember why I no longer play. This year I've played around 2000 though.
Taking pictures (say, 100-200 shots), sharing one or two good ones, and then not take any more for a good while because I lack the dedication and patience to truly come with something that isn't a rehash of something else.
Flirting used to be, but I no longer care about it after my last heartbreak (2 years and counting).

Reading, sailing and movies is pretty much it. Used to play video games a lot, but that no longer interests me.

>obsessively researching japanese niche videogames
KanColle? 2hu? VNs? fotm mobage?

How many plates on the big 4 lifts?

This movie got me into opera desu, I used to just listen to orchestral arrangements to stand out from the crowd, but now it's one of my legitimately favorite genres

learning beethoven? that's interesting, are you learning the piano sonatas?

as form e I listen to classical music, play guitar, thats basically it. boring life desu