Food Dealbreakers

Going on a first date soon, it's at a restaraunt. What are some red flags or deal breakers that wouldn't fly at your table?
>smacking their food
>being shitty to wait staff
>eating my food from my plate

>too scared to ask for a correction in a wrong order
>tips
>makes pictures of the food

makes pictures of the food? How the hell would that even work asking Picasa to come out and paint their food

>doesn't lean forward and prop boobs up on table creating deceptively impressive cleavage at least three times during the meal.

Instagraming is a dealbreaker, filtering photos using Dreamscope to shitpost with is a dealmaker.

user's got the right idea

>implying you have any right to be picky
let's be honest user. that ham planet you're taking to Applebee's could shit on your food and you'd still beg her to stay around

is this supposed to be a joke?

>smacking their food
wut

ordering steak anything but rare

I love you ck. Never change.

That's what the doctor said when your mom gave birth to you.

I've done something similar to this

>I LE LOVE YOU, FOOD AND COOKING!!!! XDDDDDDD
>LE NEVER CHANGE GUYS, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>NVR CHANGE XDD

>smacking their food
Yeah but how often do you order THICC pancakes?

>>smacking their food
wut

>i can't eat that because I don't like X

>Eating food from my plate
Is this an American thing. Even when I eat at the pub with my mates, we always trade shit from our plates. I love trying other shit from the menu.

>at a restaurant
>she eats using only the fork

No, americans do that too. Me and my sister often trade things, like trading a bit of a steak for a shrimp. When me and my friends go to the bar we usually get the same thing due to the limited menu, though, so there's really no opportunity for that.

We do it, but sometimes it's considered rude. Particularly when it's someone you don't know or like. but on a date? It would probably be fine unless you're a spaz.

>being told i cant play with myself at the table

>lip smacking
>eating too quickly
>talking with food in their mouth
>complaining that I eat slowly

Fuck you people. I paid good money for this. I want to taste it. Also of course I eat slowly compared to most people who eat too quickly
Also if you eat quickly you will eat more noisily and won't be making conversation

Is not liking foods a deal breaker for anyone?
I'm not a huge fan of cheese so if I was to not order something or ask for it without cheese, would that be a turn-off?

as long as you ask its fine imo

stealing is slapworthy

>autism

If she orders anything other than a Salad, than it is a complete deal breaker.

A woman should know how to be elegant and respectable in public and always be putting her beauty and looks first.

If a bitch orders anything other than a Salad, I will immediately get up and leave without saying a word.

>Fuck you people. I paid good money for this. I want to taste it. Also of course I eat slowly compared to most people who eat too quickly
>Also if you eat quickly you will eat more noisily and won't be making conversation

Hello there, me.

I totally feel you on eating slowly though, much healthier.

>eating my food from my plate
Dumb meme from stand up comedians. This is perfectly fine

REEEE I HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT SLOWLY. I SMACK INSTANTLY WHEN I DONT ACTIVELY TRY TO SURPRESS IT.

picky eater

spending too much time on phone

talking to wait staff too much because of special requests & such

>not wanting to bring back altoids sours
turns me off every time

>ordering anything but water or red wine as a drink
>not ordering an espresso after the meal

This. Also no,
>"Oh! That looks good user!"
>*Grabs your food*
Does not count as asking.

most places can't make coffee for shit though

beer is also acceptable for some meals

Vegetarian or vegan.

This happened to me on my last date what the fuck.

She's also vegetarian but fuck did she have big beefers.

>woman
>drinking beer
Yeah that would be another red flag

>everyone who drinks beer swills it and swears like a sailor

People who drink beer are insecure and only do it to fit in.

same could be said about wine or coffee

>puts shit on the food without tasting it first
>chews with mouth open
those are the only two i deem dealbreaking desu

I agree with your second point, but does it really matter if the person eating with you doesn't obtain a full appreciation of the food?

>Me and my sister often trade things, like trading a bit of a steak for a shrimp
or dick, am i right?!

Sure, if it's at home or something. But if we're at a restaurant and you immediately drown your food in salt without even trying it, its gonna piss me off a little.

Savage

Yes because it reflects a lack of reason, culture, and appreciation for food in general

oh I actually agree

I thought you more meant not trying a cut of meat before putting sauce on it or something, not overseasoning

depends on what you mean but that sounds like a bit of an overstatement

I can't handle people that don't know phone etiquette. I realize I am old and traditional, but if you touch that fucking phone for any reason other than using the tip calculator without at the very least asking if it's okay, there won't be a second date. I shouldn't have to treat you like a 5 year old and tell you to leave your toys in the car during adult-time.

>putting ketchup on anything

Being insanely picky.

Used to know a couple where the husband was rich and the wife refused to ever eat anything off the menu. She'd spend half an hour describing exactly what she wanted to the waitress and get a special concession from the cooks in back to make it -- one time they had to go out and get some stupid ingredient from a convenience store or something.

I don't know how he put up with it. I sure didn't want to.

It varies by the situation. If it's a business meeting and the other person keeps trying to steal your meatballs, you know the deal isn't gonna be worth it.

Eating their food like a cow chewing cud with their mouth open being as loud as demonically possible

This, basically. It's awful, how common this is.

Who hurt you?

> You have to like every single food item
> Not liking any food item is Bad and Wrong

Were you forced to eat your greens as a kid?

Why would you bring a first date to a restaurant? If the date goes horribly you have to sit there for the entire meal. Coffee or drinks for a 1st date.

You're looking at it the wrong way ... it makes it harder for her to escape with honor.

>no after dinner brapping
Can't get myself up without it at this point.

Women have no concept of honor

>eats meat, dairy, seafood or eggs

>lip smacking

this shit is absolutely digsuting

*smakes lips*
AYO HOL UP

No, you can not like certain foods but refusing to eat something because it has something you don't like in it, is childish.

too graphic

Niggers truly are a lesser race

>smakes
Nice spelling nigger

Go back to bed, Randall.

Fuck off, Mark.

this just makes me want to date strangers for shits and giggles

>he ordered a steak and insisted it was very well done
>when it turned up he picked up the steak knife and laughed and dropped it on the floor
>he stabbed the brittle steak with his fork and gnawed at it like a dog with bone
>he even at one point growled
>he paid for the meal though so i felt obliged to give him sex later when he asked "wanna do it?"
>he bit my nipple like he ate the steak and growled at me

Pic related. Went on a date with a girl who did this recently. Hard to watch and I called her out. Still going strong though

guys, guys, cmon, we're here for Michael and Sarah's anniversary, not bring up petty past shit. Let's enjoy just having this time together, ok? It's like once a year we see each other, I'm sure we can get through a coupla hours without acting like children.

I find this endearing. literally nothing wrong with putting condiments directly onto foods, I often do it myself.

I drink beer alone though user

Gotem

Yeah, I love eating hot food, but like half an hour later, when it's room temperature.

Fuck off, I'll eat my food as quickly as I like.

> When exposed to a new type of food, examines it suspiciously and smells it while making a weird face, doesn't even try taking a bite and giving it chance

Actually, I could shorten it to:

> Doing anything with a new food experience besides putting it straight in your mouth and giving it the benefit of the doubt

Picky eaters make me homicidal

It's not childish, it's not wanting to eat something you don't like.

That's like saying "what, you don't like beef? Well that's no reason to avoid a steak." Yes it is, faggot.

Beef is awful.

He meant to say smacking their lips

here

Fucking signed

If you are served something and you find out it has something you don't like in it, you're a child for throwing a fit and sending it back. It's that simple.

Who said anything about throwing a fit?

If it's at a restaurant, and it didn't say X was in it on the menu, I'd neither eat nor pay for it.

If it's at someone's home, I'd thank them, but politely decline.

If someone wants to get offended that I don't want to eat something they made, then they can fuck off.

>If it's at a restaurant, and it didn't say X was in it on the menu, I'd neither eat nor pay for it.
I know you wouldn't because you're a child.

>If it's at someone's home, I'd thank them, but politely decline.
Unless the food would literally kill you, there's absolutely no reason to refuse a meal from anyone.

That depends. If it's a place you frequently go to and you know they never put enough salt, it's easier to just salt that summbitch up straight away to get your desired flavor in every bite.

have to be 18 to post on this site kid. I know beer and coffee "taste like shit lol" to your immature childish tongue.

It's probably easier than having to break the surface tension of the ketchup every so often.

>guy is shorter than me
>guy is so defensive and autistic he spasses out if we share plates a bit
>guy is straight edge
>chewing with open mouth
>dick to waiting staff
>orders steak well done

This is why normal autistic people aren't straight edge.

Also why would you go on a date with him? This is really your fault for making bad choices.
You don't need to take it out on the rest of us.
Also stop trying to eat off other peoples plates, you're furthering stereotypes that you will later complain about on internet forums, saying they're false.

>Also why would you go on a date with him?
Cause you only learn some things during the date?
Being straight edge isn't bad but it wouldn't be compatible with my lifestyle.
There's nothing wrong with sharing food, it's intimate and creates closeness, literally no one would give a shit about this if costanza didn'thave a bit about it. It signals some serious emotional issues if this is a problem for you, hence a red flag.

>being shitty to wait staff
this is the only real dealbreaker for me, if that happened, which is unlikely because i wouldnt date a person where i sense this might be happening, id actually walk out no matter how hot my date is.
Being rude to people you consider "below" you, because you actually think of other people as "below" you, is one of the worst character traits there is.

>Cause you only learn some things during the date?
Like if they're short, or if they don't drink.

And stop trying to sound smart, it's embarrassing.

I mean, if I knew beforehand I wouldn't go, but theoretically.
And I'm not trying to sound smart, stop projecting your insecurities

>And I'm not trying to sound smart

>There's nothing wrong with sharing food, it's intimate and creates closeness, literally no one would give a shit about this if costanza didn'thave a bit about it. It signals some serious emotional issues if this is a problem for you

See
>stop projecting your insecurities

details please

Are you gay or a woman? need to know before I wank to this.

lol

story?

Putting ketchup directly on piping hot fries changes the flavor profile. Really brings out the acidity of the ketchup.

how about someone like me, chiccory fills my mouth with a soap flavor

>lip smacking
>shoveling your food (applies to both shoveling food into your mouth at a fast pace OR holding your spoon or fork like a shovel)
>trying to cut your meat or other food with your fork, instead of using your knife
>being rude to waitstaff (this is a big one, since it means someone lacks common courtesy)
>being overly loud, so the other tables can hear everything your saying
>slurping (unless it's something that's acceptable to slurp, like certain asian noodle dishes)
>throwing money or credit cards down on the table like it's a big deal
>not unfolding your napkin and either laying it in your lap or neatly by your plate
>if you're a guy, not opening the door for your date, and not pulling out their chair for them
>if you're a girl, not letting the guy open the door for you or pull your chair out for you and not saying thank you when they do
>basically an other unrefined or unacceptable table manners, or inappropriate date behavior.

>woman must be elegant and acceptable in public
>I, on the other hand, can act like a rude, inappropriate asshole
Seems about right for Veeky Forums

I can tell your a girl