Lets say I'm a flat earth believer, you have one argument to make me change my mind to believe that earth is round...

Lets say I'm a flat earth believer, you have one argument to make me change my mind to believe that earth is round. Which argument will you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=proof earth is round
youtube.com/watch?v=tBguu3khYhk&t=24s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lmgtfy.com/?q=proof earth is round

The argument that there are multiple arguments of the earth's roundness.

Do coriolis force experiments and convince yourself.

On a clear day, the sky is of a darker shade of blue straight above you, where as it is a lighter shade about the horizon.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBguu3khYhk&t=24s
Argument by YouTube.

In terms of hydrostatic stability, a disc is incredibly unstable. With the outer edges of the disc attracted gravitationally to the center, even a slight structural deformation would cause the disc to buckle, fold and eventually crush into, you guessed it, a near-sphereical shape.

Why is the force of gravity measurably less at higher altitudes?

just for you

those can all be explained by god? you know not everything has to follow these "laws" of physics, it's all divine creation

2 sticks

Completely different skies in the far Northern and far Southern hemispheres, which are inexplicable in a flat disc model.

god designed the world to be round.

your mother will die in her sleep tonight if you don't believe the earth is round.

Woah dude dont you know that photographs arent real evidence? The only way to know the real shape of the earth is to see it with your own eyes. Only way thats gonna happen is when the jewish led order permits you to go into space.

Why would I bother changing ur mind at all?

Sailing and navigation. If you know the height of a known landmark, like a charted lighthouse, and you measure its apparent height from your ship using a servant, you can accurately calculate your distance to it. It can't happen unless the earth is round, and it works perfectly every single time with no exceptions.

If God is intentionally creating natural phenomenon to mimic the effects of a round Earth for you, aren't you spiting his work by believing in a flat one? Why do you hate god so much? He put so much work into this.

Its like all of the parents getting together to take the kids to see 'Santa', and you stand up and say "That's not Santa, that's Mr. Dennis from down the street!"

Thanks, asshole. You just ruined Christmas.

>assuming that you can change flat earthers mind with reason and logic

spherical planet minimizes the energy

Because you want a world where people are not retarded.

Travel a few thousand kilometers east or west without adjusting your watch to the local time. Asks yourself why the sun is going below the horizon hours later or earlier than it it did back home.

>Just

Sounds good, but then they don't really believe in gravity either

>Which argument will you use?
Any person who as any clue about physics will realize that forming something very close to a sphere is the most natural thing that can happen.

Only if the laws of the universe are fundamentally inconsistent the earth can be flat. No other possibility exists.

A 2D map will always have distortions, and thus not be accurate. A globe does not have these problems.

No science to deny, and flat earthers try and use the same types of math in their explanations of a flat earth so there's no backing out when things don't add up.

kek

If the earth is flat why are there mountains

>photographs aren't real evidence
come on man

If the flat earth is accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s2 and we assume it started from stationary, then it would reach the speed of light (at which point time has no real meaning) within one year of "stationary time".

Therefore, it would be impossible for anyone on the flat earth to experience more than a years worth of time.

the argument that it doesn't matter what you "believe", all the predictive models our technology uses are based on a round earth hypothesis.

sorry you won't ever get anything done in industry with your beliefs.

neutrino experiments where the beams are pointed at a downward angle to come out the surface of the earth very far away and be caught by the receivers.

>see the horizon over there?
>alright now watch me

Sphere is a shape with least surface energy and since every system tries to minimize it's energy planets are roundish

If you have a telescope and you look at other planets and moons you will be able to observe they are all spherical. If this is the case then why would Earth be flat?

If you are in very flat terrain you can actually see the curvature of the earth.

As you move from the southern to northern hemisphere you will be able to see a gradual change in the night sky.

The colour of light from the sun changes dramatically during sunrise/sunset depending on how much atmosphere it has to pass through.

If flat earthers believe the earth is accelerating at a constant rate of 9.8m/s^2 upwards, than how do they account for the fact that 9.8 m/s^2 is just the average gravity of earth as the effects of gravity vary in different parts of the planet.

Wrong. In other reference frames the acceleration will decrease and the speed will never reach the speed of light.