Does Veeky Forums like dim sum?

Does Veeky Forums like dim sum?

What'd you just call me?

I called you a fuck head.

Fuck head.

I like the semi transparent one with veggies in it.

>shrimp parsley dim sum

Xiao long bao
Greatest ever.

Fuck yes

I like it sum what.

Dam son

Never had it and there are probably three dozen varieties of filled dumplings made all over Europe. Convince me this is totally different and I need to try this.

well you sit down and they push a litlle cart around where you can order stuff, which is pretty cool. just check your nearest Yum Cha place

Hilarious truth: you can't get good dim sum in Taiwan. I've looked. :-(

inferior to shengjian bao

I'm a chink and I'm sick of it. It's all the same stuff but I guess you could say the same for any cuisine that you are familiar with.

Yes but only sum

That's a bun. Not a dumpling.
I don't doubt it's good, but they aren't exactly in the same category.
I'd imagine the dough would get sickening after a few.

I mean, depending on the place, alley cat can taste pretty decent.

that's actually a pretty bitchin selection

the xianshuijiao very top and left, luobogao below it left, and zhaliang dead center are all 'mazn

No but I'd like sum of dim haha

No, it's a dumpling

t. actual chinese

it is called shengjian BAO for a reason

user, the middle dish should be more accurately called 'cheongfan' (gut noodle, called such because of the shape). The difference between the two is that 'zhaliang' is stuffed with fried dough, whereas 'cheongfan' is either filled with meat/shrimps or served as-is.

don't ever reply to me again faggot

you little shits

chicken feet is good to eat

Not that user, but as a Chinese myself I find the distinction between the two highly blurred, as in the case of 'xiao long bao'. On the one hand, they are steamed like dumplings, but 'bao' usually refers to buns/breads, both steamed and baked. Thus, the argument that 'shangjianbao' should be referred to as 'buns' is equally valid IMO. Ultimately, you can translate them as either and people will know what you're talking about.

called it zhaliang because that's what it looks like

ji tong ya jiang

Like us some what?

Chee Cheong Fun

gib me sum a dim

I have never had any. What's it like?

I mean, they're different flavours? What a weird statement.

I only eat bright sum.

Pleb.

>called xiao long bao
>isn't long

It's such a nibbly thing though. I like foods you can just bite into.

>go to dim sum
>nobody speaks english
>anxiety kicks in

>three dozen varieties of filled dumplings made all over Europe
>Convince me this is totally different

>from chinese cuisine

Yes.

t. White guy married into Cantonese family.

Thanks, you seem to have understood what I was getting at.
Unlike the other user.
Have a good day.

You're too cool and edgy for this board.
Why don't you go have another McChicken?

i have chronic anxiety but i enjoy asian restuarants because of the qt waitresses

Best I ever had was in Hong Kong. I ate at Time Ho Wan's (one of the cheapest Michelin star places in the world) and omfg. They are so amazing there.

you failed
plz have only daughters

I Like the cream of Sum Yung Guy

no, that's entirely wrong, it is used for dumplings, and that is how the character is used colloquially in the context of food: entirely for dumplings

OK Mr Wong. That's enough of that.

cracker sexpat english teacher or mormon missionary?

you dun goofed

Sum of it is good

Sum of it is bad

Love the fried shrimp balls

Anyone has good dim sum recipes?

underrated

I bought a massive bamboo steamer so I make this shit at home now. If you have access to any international market the freezer section is filled with these things in a hundred flavors and brands.

Forgive my whiteness, but I can't keep up with all the languages and names for these things.
I like the red bean buns, any dumplings but especially ones with black mushroom or the pork and shrimp ones, the custard buns, taro buns, bbq pork buns, shrimp shumai (though some brands of this you buy are really gross, beware), and red bean paste sesame balls. I usually buy a shitton of them in all kinds of flavors and steam two of each bun in the top layer, with a bunch of dumplings and sword beans in the bottom layer.

>Forgive my whiteness

Yep, you definitely don't sound like a fag at all.

fucking hate shrimp and those balls neck yourself pal

none, unironically buy frozen from chinese market - asians always do this

Well I'm a girl so
I guess I'd rather sound like a fag than like a dumbass straight male

Ignore these guys.

I'm American Taiwanese and have a shitton of relatives all over Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong. When I was in Taiwan, my cousins were telling me how the Dim Sum culture/popularity is kinda dead now in terms of sit down and ordering from the menu/carts in a restaurant. There are still good places in Taiwan, but it's kind a dead cuisine for them cause they're bored of it in general and there's not much change/creativity with it. People are much more interested in the food carts and fusion type foods on the street where young chefs are finding new combinations of food from different cultures around Asia and the world to try to have the next big hit.

They agreed with my Hong Kong relatives and said that the best dim sum to be found is still in Hong Kong.

It's alright.

Nothing special, imo.

You succeeded.

Now kill yourself.

I lived in Hong Kong last year and everyone was always pushing these dim sum places on me cause that's like their main thing over there or something. It's gross though... like most of its just soggy, shitty meat...

I like sesame balls and that shrimp ones *googling* ok, Har Gow. I eat dim sum at sum Chinese restaurants from time to time. Yum.

Pork shumai, shrimp dumplings and sticky rice are where it's at. Oh and bean curd roll. I had this for my birthday dinner the other day. Good shit.

Only reading what you wrote makes me drool and crave for sum nice dim sums!