If you attended a dinner party consisting of literary types...

If you attended a dinner party consisting of literary types, how would you let them know you are well versed in literature?

I would bring one of this bad boy's books

show up blackout drunk, and challenge everyone I see to a bullfight

I'd wait for them to bring up and author and call them a pleb if I heard of him or a pseud if I haven't

found the redditor

I'd wear a paper bag so they think I'm Pinecone.

Jesus christ, just fuck off from this board

>literary types
i would reach for my revolver

Probably be quiet as I would be too intimidated to say anything because deep down I know I'm a pleb but then get home and get mad that all they could talk about were gender politics and how even I am more aesthetically cultured than that and which of course is all a ruse to make myself feel. But then I go to the computer and then see a post on lit asking me what I wouldve done in a situation in which I was just in regarding how id exchange my academic capital with some literary types so then id try to think of something which could bith satisfy these fake literary types who id really just be to dinner with in real life mind you but also something that could function as impressive on lit byt also kind of funny and sarcastic so maybe id make a joke about ulysses but I actually havent read it so id settle for yet another infinite jest backhand reference even though I know I couldve pretended to have said I read ulysses but im honest and have principles and have a duty to preserve whats left of this shit hole of a board. But in reality I settled for typing this out in hopes that it made me look smarter than answering your question even though I know it doesnt and someone will tell me that and call me autistic and im done pooping so bye :)

When the woman puts a plate in front of me I take out one of copies of Infinite Jest and fucking SMASH IT

Damn someone actually did it.

This. I mean what the fuck. It's not that a Hemingway reference is somehow automatically a "reddit-thing" but the implication that comes with that "found a redditor" annotation. Really? First of all found a badass reference and then implying that reddit is somewhat a bad source on internet or "cancer". That's at least how I inderstood the reply. It is a goddamn one of the biggest forum type sites with a mass of information hidden in the numerous subreddits. Overall it surely is better than facebook which filters its feed with its own algorithms to show the biggest clickbaits. Everywhere is that cancer. Including here. I have long time ago stopped browsing /b/ because the shit there is in a whole new level. Rarely I go there and see that it havent changed much and see the comment "never change b". But so much pure shit is there that's incredible. Bad humour. Bad trolls. Only few threads worth of real time. So, not sure what the fuck was that comment about but sure it was little fucking dumb.

But on the subject here and op has a good question here. Im sure it's the same with all conversations: show your knowledge on the books and authors( namedropping) and good own analysis and thoughts on the books. Definitely it's good to have some quotes and a good understanding about the genres and writers. Basic knowledge on history, psychology, ecomomics, societies and sciences does not bother either. Overall it's just to show the interest about literature.

And little bit of alcohol does no harm to open those hidden ideas and the more-deeper-than-normal way of thinking, So to speak.

include me in the screencap

Damn, me btfo

Seldom I'd smile, and smile in such a sort as if I mocked myself and scorned my spirit that could be moved to smile at anything

End all of my sentence with OR SO IT GOES

I'll hurt you

I'd fuck the farts out of ALL their dirty bums.

Poo

fuark

Ask them if they've read The International Jew

I wouldn't, instead leaving it up to them to bring it up. I want to hear their opinions on other things first before hearing their thoughts on literature. That way I might have a better chance of knowing if they are full of shit or not.

That's when it all gets blown away

Take out Finnegan's Wake during the entree and start reading, laughing along and tutting "Joyce (Jou-say) you jokester" every thirteen seconds.

namedrop

I would quote the entirety of Lines Written in the Bay of Lerici by Shelley from memory.

tell them "i love it to read book"

you're right, but jesus, did you type every fleeting thought that went through your head for a minute?

>So, not sure what the fuck was that comment about but sure it was little fucking dumb

you're muttering to yourself, everyone can hear you

can somebody post some pynchon memes

holy fucking reddit

>Finnegan's

>Wow man, you're pulling a real Humphrey Pinecone right now!

>literary types
you mean hipsters?

Man, I do that in real life too. Muttering I mean. I can't expect that my writing is any different especially on these somewhat fast-paced commenting places. Well analyzed, I guess.

Aaand it was in the middle of night and I sure had drinked little and sure I was easy to be triggered. Then it happened. Little bit of myself took the control. End of story, no regrets.

I find an excuse to leave early because they will have nothing interesting to talk about.

Talk about Harry Potter

Go and stop defending your gay website here.

>talk shit about YA fiction
>put on an air of superiority
>deride whatever other people say is good
>regurgitate other people's thoughts and opinions as my own

That's how you fit into a literary circle

Start namedropping German philosophers/thinkers with the correct pronunciation (Goethe, Fichte, etc).

Most American retards - that is to say, Americans - can't manage this. I say Americans because they strike me as one of the few peoples pretentious enough to have a literary dinner party.

I wouldn't attend desu

kek