Female Philosophers

Has there ever been a relevant female philosopher who wasnt a femenist? Do women lack any intellectual abilities to make any observations about reality besides "hurr durr im so opressed because [insert femenist ideological concept here]"

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=femenist
warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=women &search_filename=image
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8811271#p8811591
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8811271#p8811602
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8775529#p8776167
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8763253#p8763494
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8703570#p8704469
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8637880#p8637900
warosu.org/lit/thread/S6958971#p6960628
warosu.org/lit/thread/S6935981#p6936870
warosu.org/lit/thread/S7143366#p7143447
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

No
Yes

Who? Besides Rand. Shes a hack

I don't think so.Maybe if you consider Ayn Rand a philosopher... Most philosophers are borderline autistic either way a trait that is hard to find in women

warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=femenist

You're getting really tedious. Are you a feminist who keeps spouting this drivel and bait to make frogfaggots and /pol/ homos look retarded?

They do that fine on their own. They don't need your falseflagging

Literally everything is a fashion statement for women. They only do things in the context of how it will make them appear

Santa Teresa is considered a doctor by the church and the people that have read her think very highly of her work. But she was more of a theologian than a philosopher. If you are interested his main work is call the inner castle

>too similar voices
>thinks just because you're a white male your voice is the same as all other white males

Is this guy for real?

You could call most contemporary male philosophers feminists.
A more relevant question would be "have female philosophers made important insights outside of feminism?" to which the answer is obviously yes.
If a woman wrote good work about ethics, then wrote a separate work about feminism, how does that devalue the first?

Somebody post the first six pages of her first book

Dont you know that the most relevant difference between people is their genitals and skin color?

>MEN ARE ALL THE SAME WTF
>WYMYN R SOPER VARIED
The overwhelming majority of modern female philosophy is the same as all other modern female philosophy.

Pretty much every female analytic philosopher, to begin with

Not that they aren't feminist, but that's not really their professional interest if they're doing analytic

they haven't done the first

LaughingAnscombe.webm

He looks like a gun is being held to him just off camera

Their ethics will always be feminist ethics.

There are no contemporary philosophers period

the study of philosophy has as little to do with the practice of philosophy as the study of literature has to do with the practice of literature.

rosa luxemburg.

>women oppressed for centuries
>only recently get the right to vote and sometimes get taken seriously as individuals
>"All this literature that helped in their liberation is irrelevant"
>"Where's female literature written from a make perspective?!"
>"Where's female literature that is ideological?!"
>Ayn 42nd
>"SHE DOESN'T COUNT"
"Where's the female literature that goes deep into convoluted male concepts?! I mean yeah women were largely illiterate until recently but cmon fellas!!1"

Seriously?

>who is Simone Weil

>femenist
Watch out, we've got a serious intellectual heavyweight here. Unfortunately, OP, I can say little in defense of femenism or femenist philosophers, which must be a topic on which you are quite expert. However, an example off the top of my head of a prominent non-FEMINIST female philosopher (ignoring those from the premodern era) is G. E. M. Anscombe. Quite frankly, though, why would one count only female philosophers who do not believe in their own rights? There are plenty of female philosophers who are feminists, although feminist "theory" (which I largely detest) is not a major part of their work.

By the way,

Hannah Arendt

why do you c/lit/s know so fucking little about philosophy?

See It's a troll

I liked Jordan Peterson when he said we haven't experienced female tyranny yet because we haven't allowed them in the political decision making process for thousands of years up until recently... and we're going to start finding it out soon enough.

Most definitely the oedipal mother attitude towards groups in society is definitely a fall-out of their participation.

In any case, a female participating in philosophy was/is just another man. A lesser man, but a man nonetheless.

>implying men weren't also largely illiterate until recently
>convoluted male concepts
lmao, women are pathetic

A woman's place is in a mass grave.

cool it holden

This. Most women aren't capable of the type of passion it takes to do great things that men tend to have. There are exceptions, of course, like Emily Dickinson.

>taking analytics seriously

The same is true for men except they lie to themselves about it as well as to others. Women are often much more self-aware about their abilities and accomplishments than men.

>women
>oppressed
kek

Feminism was a mistake and will be the downfall of Western society.

Hannah Arendt was not a philosophy.
Shows you how much you know.

>women aren't inferior! they're just too weak to take power on their own!
>women can contribute just as much as men! that's why they did not take advantage of this fact and let women contribute because men are mean and oppressed women for fun!
>women and men being biologically different doesnt make them different societally! Despite the fact that basic logic and knowledge of evolution would explain women being weak, motherly, and needing to raise children would make them unable logistically to do creative and physical work! they're just like you and me guys!
The amount of doublethink in feminism wow

warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=women &search_filename=image

Scroll down to the lower half of the page
Active here
same dude:
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8811271#p8811591
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8811271#p8811602
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8775529#p8776167
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8763253#p8763494
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8703570#p8704469
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8637880#p8637900
warosu.org/lit/thread/S6958971#p6960628
warosu.org/lit/thread/S6935981#p6936870
warosu.org/lit/thread/S7143366#p7143447

Time to ban all frog fucks

Possibly time for you to seek therapy for your literal schizoid obsession.

How to practice philosophy?

>says someone who has posted this in two threads already

makes you think

I am legit concerned for the dude. My friend does similar things (but on Twitter and weirdly enough Wikipedia) due to some obsessive disorder, and his therapist recommended he stay away from the Internet.

It's like he gets tunnel vision, or something. It becomes a fixture of his day, becomes really stereotyped.

Notice that the guy isn't even varying his trolling, or getting much attention for it. He's obsessed with two or three stock phrases, and totally out of phase with the fact that he's not having an impact. Exactly what happened to my friend.

What kind of shit does your friend talk about? Sounds patrician.

It's literally me. I'm obsessed with (You)s. I post as a feminist/SJW/plebbitor on /pol/ as well and post upwards of 30 bait threads a day to get people riled up

NEET? Have a (you).

fucking kek