What is the best specialty of Electrical Engineering and why?

What is the best specialty of Electrical Engineering and why?

none

kys yourself

Mechatronics

Theoretical Electrical Engineering

I was also wondering this. thinking about studying power, not sure what type of specific problems exist in that area though or if it would be fun.

postironic electrical engineering

only if you like money. money is pretty fun. as daniel tosh said, never seen anybody frowning on a jet ski.

wireless

communication/information tec. analog processors will be the next big thing, optoelectrics is the field of the future

>EE
isn't this more for plasma physicists?

You have good taste

In one sense yes, in another no.

Someone has to design the shit that plasma physicists theorize. I don't buy into the meme that physicists can't design and develop technologies because they're incapable.

I simply don't think they have the time or interest. They confirm a discovery and move on to the next experiment.

This leaves a huge swath of really cool material ripe for designing by EEs and NEs.

Should I major in electrical engineering?

signal processing

No, wait until I graduate so I don't have to compete with other autists.

Homosexuality. The reasons are obvious...

Mechanical engineering ftw

dual in a good computer science university to gain programming experience (i say good because if you want it not to be a waste of time, you need to get good assignments and work good shit) which can be extremely useful with electronical engineering, or perhaps just go electronical and mechanical, it's not a bad combo if u like making robots and shit and have some experience in programming and shit.

that's my personal opinion on it because i fucking love robotics and electrical engineering.

how r the outlooks of signcal proccesing jobs, i really really like lines and gambling

Mechanical Engineering

I disagree. Going pure theory in EE takes a special kind of autist. Basically you are in an applied discipline but have no applied skills. Better off being a physicist and going into electromagnetic engineering, better off being a mathematician and going into comm theory, etc.

t. Phd Student in RF IC design.

No, jobs are still better in engineering.

user

Please discuss electromagnetic engineering.

I was under the guise that's something EEs with decent grades in physics did.

Do only physicists get hired to do this?
Is there a certification?
I'm having trouble finding stuff on google