delirium tremens is my new fav beer

>blonde pale ale and goes down easy
>8.5 abv
>can get a pint for 11.99

its good

Give this a gander also

One pint is 12$? What the fuck

its imported so its a bit more expensive but its worth it imo

Maybe try ommegang. Delirium is good, but fairly unremarkable for its style. I don't think it's worth its high price, personally.

well I'm new to drinking and a friend introduced me to it so it's kinda been my drink, I can't do dark heavy ipa's and I hate regular american tap water beer so it's been nice

any recs?

i'll lookout for it

>militantly browses Veeky Forums for the sole purpose of posting "craft beer was invented by the jews to deceive the goyim and perpetuate nu-male culture. Besides it tastes bitter and gross"

I had KBS for the first time last night. I think it's overhyped but it was very good, dunno about $6.00 a bottle good though. Tonight I'm having Highland's Imperium stout with coffee, chocolate, and coconut and it's good as FUCK. The chocolate flavor is so heavy. Highland also brewed a double chocolate stout a few times that the same can be said for.

>Delirium is good, but fairly unremarkable for its style

I've noticed the most renowned beers always tend to be prided on their overall balance more than anything else. Meme-flavored beers don't stand the test of time like classic, traditionally brewed beers do. Delirium Tremens is a perfection of it's style, and can understand someone charging 12 bucks for a pint of it.

There's more than ipas out there, and yeah check out ommegang and Unibroue stuff if you're into belgian shit
I agree, but even as a well made Belgian strong pale ale, it's hardly in the running for best of the style, but is priced as such. I even prefer kwak over delirium desu.

Kwak is objectively better than Delirium, but I think they're in different markets. I can likely find Delirium at my grocery store for $10. I'd have to go to a bottle shop to find Kwak and It'd likely be more.

They're roughly the same price around me, but kwak I can get in 4 packs. Delirium is all bombers.

Founders limited release is stupid. 2016 is way better than 17. 16 is way boozier than 15 or 17. The varience in the barrels as if late has been dumb. 17 is a chocolate stout with hints of bourbon

All your beers are shit except for the BCBS.

>unironically confusing me with other people instead of coming to the conclusion that maybe these red pilled truth bombs are 100% accurate

I've been going to this "brewery" in town (and I put quotes because they don't brew anything.) that changes their beer every other day, and they always go with American/European beers.

The owner's a chill guy that always wants me to try the new stuff, so I figured I'd pick up some foreign stuff and bring that down for them to try.

Only issue is what the fuck do I bring? Mexican beer is out, because there's a large mexican population in town so we already have all their popular beer here.

I was thinking Asian, anybody have experience with beers from Asia? I've had a few Chinese and Korean beers, but that's basically the stuff they sell at Asian restaurants because it's basically water and anybody will drink it.

>Implying you aren't militantly browsing Veeky Forums for the sole purpose of posting "craft beer was invented by the jews to deceive the goyim and perpetuate nu-male culture. Besides it tastes bitter and gross"

pic related

Had my last beer on Thursday, was planning to pick up some beer/groceries then realized it's fucking Good Friday and everything is closed.

Fuck you Christian scumlords keeping me from my beer. I'm drinking a fucking Twisted Tea, this shit is nasty.

beer is full of œstrogen much like soy

no wonder nü-male keks look like prepubescent girls

this shit right here

>he drinks pisswater with foam on top

/pol/ please go

This is a dopeass Jap beer

what an awful image

ITT.

That's nip macro piss mate.
You were robbed.

Nah it's good shit.

Homebrew tonight!

hello

I love that fresh washing-up liquid taste!

Got rid of that after getting a fermentation chamber!

>plastic carboys
literally disgusting

No more shattered glass everywhere!

Just had this sour, very good!

Any britbongs here?

How can other stout even compete?

Where are liquor stores closed on Good Friday?

Just found some of this at the grocery store

London Pride is fucking awful. Although to be fair, all London beers are fucking awful: you can't make anything drinkable from clay water.

hey someone instruct me to the beer thats similar to asahi please

Isn't Asahi just a generic macro lager?

i dont even know ive just been drinking that for three years and dont know anything else

Just start trying random stuff, most grocery stores do mixed 6 packs, that probably the best way to try a bunch of styles and figure out what you like without being stuck with a bunhc of stuff you don't

This. It seems like a mountainous prospect to just "get into beer", but you simply just have to regularly keep trying what's out there.

I know my beer, but wine however is still a bit of a mystery. I just use wine to cook.

asahi is an international lager aka bastardised version of pilsner
so I'd say try to get a good german or czech (or craft) pilsner
czech desitkas are basically light beer but actually good, you might want to look into that

Canada, Ontario

Got there today and picked up Tripel Karmeliet, quite well rated, never had it. Thoughts anons?

Their esb is fantastic though

call me a faggot but this tastes like Robitussin

Can anyone recommend a good beer?

I really like Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock and Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, and i'll go $6 max per bottle

t. user from WNC

Every trappist I've had has been underwhelming. Even abt 12.

Oatmeal yeti

Jesus is climbing out from behind a rock to smite your ass

Try the Westmalle Dubel, one of the best beers I've ever had.

Aventinus by Schneider, or Optimator by Spaten if you want a decently priced six pack.

Went to Toronto on holiday and I enjoyed Steam Whistle, toured the brewery and it was pretty cool.
Thoughts on them?

I got a chance to buy a 24-pack of Hitachino Nest but it turns out to be about $8 or so, per bottle. fuck that. Cheers.

Earlier tonight I had a Fastback Racer X3 and an unfiltered Sculpin.

Didn't realize until I got home and looked it up that the Fastback X3 was so rare (only 2 entries on Untappd), but it was by far the best thing I've had from Bear Republic, and I'm generally a fan of their output.

As much as I don't want to like Ballast Point because of how overhyped they are right now, the Sculpin and Victory at Sea are both pretty decent, but the distributors do tend to overcharge (at least where I am) for kegs compared to comperable beers, and that always tends to translate to the consumer.

>Goose island
>Microbrew
Dude how many IBU's do you click in at

Corney-fresh, nice and clear too. An all chicken glass ? You're not in the US are you ?

I'm heading out to magic rock brewery funday today

Fuller's are one of the few oldskool brewers who are consistently spot on and still use real ingredients.
Also i know they reverse os their water but claiming Beavertown or Kernel aren't London or godtier shows what a nonce you are.
>Fastback X3
Well jelly, my mate in the mitten state raves about this and heady topper

I'm just about to make a Vienna lemon drop SMaSH, while drinking some Erie brewing co.

>green bottle

Just an update, fucked up my water calculations (still relatively new to this). This one's going to be a lite beer. Take two tonight, this time with a nub of ginger, and proper math.

>getting either in Michigan

Have a (you)

Nah. Trappist ales are overrated my man

He's got the connects man he's some kind of distro.

Rate my haul

Reminds me of the time I lived in Europe for a year and Belgian beer was the only decent beer available most of the time. I drank a lot of wine.

Is the Bernardius 12 as carbonated as the Christmas ale because I had the latter and thought it was way too carbonated.
Wish I could find some more Trois Pistoles by Unibroue.

Any britbongs know if they've changed Newcastle Brown Ale lately?
it tastes completely different to me all of a sudden.

No it's always tasted like shit

these are are pretty good beers overall but a little bit too mainstream to be considered an actual haul. it would be like if an American bought a bunch of Arrogant Bastard. Yeah, it's a good beer, but you can find it at your local gas station. I imagine since those have eurochink writing on them that it means you are in europe where it's even more abundant. Here in the USA, those trappists are everywhere.

Just smashed a 6 pack of Lagunitas Maximus, working on some Allagash Hoppy Table Beer.

I hate being sober.

Rochefort is god-tier St Bernardus and Orval are fucking incredible as well.

9.5/10 haul my friend. All that's missing is a Westmalle Tripel and you'd be GOAT.

Drinking some Sorachi Ace right now. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It tastes like orange juice to me, and leaves a musty taste on my tongue afterwards that just doesn't sit right with the intense fruitiness. Maybe it would taste better if I hadn't just eaten a fuckton of goat cheese, I dunno.

bernardus is great, but it is really heavily carbonated as most belgian quads are
should be alright if you hard pour it though

The goat cheese is definitrly effecting it. That is one of my favorite all time beers. The orange flavor is amazing. Fits perfectly with the beer.

Sorachi Ace is incredible imo. One of the best American Saison's,right up there with Ommegang Hennepin.

Easter beer

ooooooo shit fire. You must really like Easter to crack that. What's the vintage on it user?

Really wish I could get my hands on some. I think the only locally available geuze to me is Lindemans Cuvee Rene.

Do blended drinks come with a vintage? Presumably the bottling date?

Bells Two Hearted is overrated. Hopslam is way better and I wish their roles were reversed and you could find hopslam everywhere and two hearted was a limited release. Fuck these companies and their limited release shit and the retards who pay $30 for a 12 pack

>Alchemist has anything to do with distribution.

Yeah, nah. He either grossly overpaid for it to have it shipped or hes getting fucked on the BA trade forums.

>those labels.

Microbrews are truly a nu-mans game.

i took a sip and threw it out, didn't like it at all

>walk into liquor store today
>thinking to buy some session ipa's for tonight
>see a pack of founders kbs
>liquor store guy tells me $30
>before i know it i've already walked out the door with it

I opened one bottle but I'm scared to even touch the rest. Thinking about aging them. How long do these things age for? Guy in the liquor store told me a year. I honestly forgot these were a thing until I saw it in the cooler.

>tfw Summer Shandy is gonna be back on tap soon

beer doesnt age in a bottle

You're a moron, and you're also wrong.

sorry honey, not my fault you fell for the ZOG liberal numale meme of "aging" some fermented cereal grains capped in an airtight bottle.....lol

gross. looking forward to Oberon though

I don't know what I expected from Veeky Forums, but I'll take the opinions of people who are experts in aging wine over some moron who calls me "honey" and doesn't back up his answer. Why are you even here?

yes it does you moron

spirits don't age in a bottle because they are biologically dead

beer ages because its a living thing

What does Oberon taste like?
Never had it before.

Well, beer has to sit a bit in the bottle. A belgian wit, you'll want to drink within a month or you start losing the flavor. A barleywine or imperial stout on the other hand will age nicely. The fucker that owns my homebrew supply store gave me a sample of a barleywine aged for 5 years in a whiskey barrel. It was black as tar, tasted like cough medicine without carbonation, and he asked me what I thought it was. I said an Imperial Stout. He smugly hitched up his jeans over his fatass beer belly and said, "no you idiot, it's a barleywine". I was like wtf, how is a barleywine black as tar, don't you think you should be a bit more diplomatic with your regular customers? Barleywines are not deep colored at all.

I buy my homebrew supplies online now. Some of these fuckers are insufferable.

>Bells Two Hearted is overrated. Hopslam is way better
What? Two Hearted is one of the best old school IPAs, probably the best widely available one. Hopslam is fine, but not special compared to other DIPAs

I usually age one of my 4, but I actually think it might be better unaged having just drank a 2016 and 2017 yesterday

Yeah that's what I'm saying. You can age in a barrel as long as you want but you're retarded if you think anything is happening in an air tight bottle