I’ve been lurking Veeky Forums for years and I keep reading all these threads with publishing horror stories...

I’ve been lurking Veeky Forums for years and I keep reading all these threads with publishing horror stories, and how it’s impossible to get published if you aren’t a trans-latinX-trans-womyn or some shit like that, and I believed it.

I can’t believe I did. You guys are fucking stupid. A creative writing professor encouraged me to submit a very literary story I wrote for her class to some magazines and I literally have 3 acceptances within 2 weeks, two of them are at publications you’ve all heard of. I can’t believe you self-defeating, pathetic losers actually think it’s cause of some conspiracy/decline of culture/anti-intellectualism/whatever the fuck that your work isn’t published. You’re all talentless losers.

I didn’t go through an agent, I’m not a “underprivileged minority,” and literally the only thing I had going for me is my last name (which they didn’t even look at; I had my dad check with his contacts and they confirmed that my submission was accepted without knowing my family background) and I got in on raw talent. You guys are fucking pathetic. Time to leave this board.

>I literally have 3 acceptances within 2 weeks
>I’m not a “underprivileged minority,”
>a “underprivileged minority,”
>a underprivileged

REEEEEEETARRDDDDDD

>I literally have 3 acceptances within 2 weeks, two of them are at publications you’ve all heard of.

proof or you're lying

Where and what did you publish? I'd love to read it.

Bad bate, opie. Do your homework next time. Damn near no magazines of any repute respond within two weeks.

FUCK

> I had my dad check with his contacts and they confirmed that my submission was accepted without knowing my family background

¿¿¿

Exactly. How could they possibly have known that?

OP, sorry to tell you this, but you got accepted only because of your family name.

laughing at people being jealous

congrats OP, you are a better writer than 99% of the people here. The only people here who have things published, write shitty genre fic

It's Barron

>sheep tries to bait Veeky Forums

Then again it's Veeky Forums

Not him, but I know you from your reaction image name and childish hijinks. You're the single biggest cumstain of a poster on this board. If it's any incentive to leave, nobody wants you here.

Congratulations getting published. You're right, this board is hyperbolic about the difficulty. That said, I've only ever had short stories and opinion articles published; a novel would indeed be infinitely more difficult.

PROOF in form of an acceptance letter screenshot.
At least give the name of the pub that will be publishing your work, and a rough description of the story. Repost to gloat when it comes out.

Not a chance, my friend. I'm not about to reveal anything that could be traced back to me.

Not happening, sorry. I'm not volunteering any information that could possibly reveal my identity to a website notorious for being a sociopath clubhouse.

Yeah, I won't be doing that, sorry. I don't want to put my career and safety at risk by putting anything close to personal information here.

You didn't happen to mention the name of the professor that recommended you submit, did you? In your letter to them, I mean.

Shit, sorry about this. Didn't mean to triple-post. But the point still stands.

just wait for my recueil that i havent started writing yet
im sure it will cause a storm....
ha ha.. .. .

Oooooooops! Didn't mean to fucking Q U A D R U P L E post! Sorry!!!

By the way all who read my story shall forget it by the time they have brushed their teeth in going to bed.

That's alright, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

>Not him, but I know you from your reaction image name and childish hijinks.

I saved that image a few days ago from Google and used it in one thread to troll some Russell Brand fan. So it can't be me you're talking about.

But now I'm curious who you are talking about. Or who you think you're talking about.

The only story to forget about is the one you're telling right now. You're bullshitting.

>the only thing I had going for me is my last name (which they didn’t even look at; I had my dad check with his contacts and they confirmed that my submission was accepted without knowing my family background) and I got in on raw talent

Precisely you. I recommended Brand as an insult to OP, not because I liked Brand. This was clear in context, moron.

Holy shit, it's the Brand guy.

I'm owning you ACROSS THREADS AND TIME!

HVE! HVE! IAM SEXIENS INSCRIPTIONES SCRIPSI! AI, NEMO AVTEM SCRIPTVRAS MEAS LEGEBIT! ATQVE PEDERAST SVM.

Errr....Right then.
I suppose it's a good sign that I've only been published once and I'm already being plagiarized, heh.
Believe what you'd like.

TRALATIO MELIOR: ATQVE CEVERE SOLEO.

you sound really insecure op

*clears throat*
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Don't mind these stoner dudes, OP. You're a hardworking, intelligent person who deserves the position you're in right now. Whining and complaining, instead of improving your skills, doesn't get you anywhere. It's about time the sophomores here realised that, and put some effort into it rather than making awful posts here continually.

Thank you. I didn't come here to gloat. Rather, I wanted to inspire my old chums at Veeky Forums to actually make something of themselves.

such subtle samefaggery

You miser.

Using "a" instead of "an" is a common dialect feature of African American Vernacular English, meaning that OP is black.

>I had my dad check with his contacts
>raw talent

Almost had me there.

it appears that OP is proficient with the tool commonly known as "inspect element"

>LARPing on Veeky Forums

Hey guys OP here. No idea why so many shitposters are pretending to be me (maybe trying to, for even a fractional second, satisfy their dreams of being a published writer? Even if it's as pathetic as pretending to be someone else on Veeky Forums?).

No, I will not tell you the story/publication, since it will be quite obvious which story is mine when you guys see it.

I have decided to go with one of the two nationally-known publications, so rest assured that sometime in the next 2 - 3 months you will be reading a story by one of your fellow "Veeky Forumserates."

Thanks to all of you with kind words. And yes, definitely try to have a little less resentment when trying to get published, it's only hurting yourselves.

Nope.

That's what I heard, but I didn't really go through the standard submission process. I just tagged along with my mom to some fundraising event and dropped left drafts with some Senior Editor-type folks.

>That's what I heard, but I didn't really go through the standard submission process. I just tagged along with my mom to some fundraising event and dropped left drafts with some Senior Editor-type folks.

>raw talent

my fucking sides

>Jokes for Minecrafters - Barron Trump

It wasn't funny the first time you made this joke.

It was me the first time but not the second.

>didn't really go through the standard submission process
>senior editor type folks at a fundraising event
>raw talent

c'mon dude, at best you got picked for wicrowaved talent; at worst you got picked for your mom's (very) raw talent.

are you by any chance of the paolini family?

>wicrowaved talent

Is this a real expression?

If there is no conspiracy then why was he canceled?

Yeah, I won't be doing that, sorry. I don't want to put my career and safety at risk by putting anything that can be traced back to me her here.

Hey guys OP here. No idea why so many shitposters are pretending to be me (maybe trying to, for even a fractional second, satisfy their dreams of being a published writer? Even if it's as pathetic as pretending to be someone else on Veeky Forums?).

No, I will not tell you the story/publication, since it will be quite obvious which story is mine when you guys see it.

I have decided to go with one of the two nationally-known publications, so rest assured that sometime in the next 2 - 3 months you will be reading a story by one of your fellow "Veeky Forumserates."

Thanks to all of you with kind words. And yes, definitely try to have a little less resentment when trying to get published, it's only hurting yourselves.

Nope.

That's what I heard, but I didn't really go through the standard submission process. I just tagged along with my mom to some fundraising event and dropped left drafts with some Senior Editor-type folks.

Is this pasta?

it is now

>I'm owning you ACROSS THREADS AND TIME!
>misconstruing what I said
>shitting meme reaction images with zero insight posts
>owning

no idea, but it's definitely not raw

IT'S RAW

SHUT IT DOWNNNNNNN

That's the joke.

Holy Christ Veeky Forums, how could you be so bad at reading.
>getting owned across threads and time

To clarify: the joke is that he got in through nepotism (his dad's contacts).

>this triggers the Veeky Forumsard.