Post the piece of literature that was most influential on shaping your opinion on how the world should be

Post the piece of literature that was most influential on shaping your opinion on how the world should be.

My diary, really. (Not that I keep one)

Will get to soon.

Nice. Felt incomplete. Good for the meek and other spooked folk.

Aristotle's politics; the hobbit and lotr; El ingenioso hidalgo, Don Quijote de la Mancha.

I'd include 1984; The Fountainhead, and Brave New World; but those didn't stand a third reading.

The Communist Manifesto not once states how the world ought to be, it merely states how oppression by a ruling class has historically resulted in a dissatisfied ruled class that eventually becomes so dissatisfied that they revolt and create a new society from the old with their own ideals mixed into it, and the result of the revolt has always been superior to their ideals alone or the existing society.

I read this mainly by accident when I was thirteen and now I'm a complete failure

in fairness i don't know if the book had anything to do with it

good read tho, would fuck up life again

The Bible
Plato's Republic
Atlas Shrugged

>There are still many, many important philosophers works I haven't read though.

It shows

El oh el

Well what is your greatest influence, Fancy Pants?

Seconded desu

My father

That's very sweet, but I meant "literature," seeing as this is a Veeky Forums thread.

My father is a writer, he likes to stay anonymous however

Then I would assume he used a pen name.

Otherwise, there isn't much hope of that.

So what is his world-view shaping literary work?

His most known work is called My Diary desu
I didn't mean to derail the thread, I just wanted to say My father to be a smartass, I'm not even the guy who called you out

Typical Veeky Forums.