Have you ever fallen so deeply into a book that your own reality depresses you a little?

Have you ever fallen so deeply into a book that your own reality depresses you a little?

Yes, that book was KOTOR2.

Gravity's Rainbow desu. The real world isn't as nearly as fun, wacky, or shit-filled

Is this book even good or just a meme? I mean, is it hard to read?

Yes, that book was my diary, desu.

Cut that out

A bit, with the hobbit, yes

S-sorry sir

yes

Lol reddit

This guy gets it

Why do you think Harry Potter became so popular?

The Recognitions

Hello, Reddit!

That's deep.

I have fallen so deeply into a book that my own reality depressed me a little less.

The book was every book I've ever read

Yes

The book was my diary desu

No but my own reality depresses me anyway

Not entirely related but when there is a character I like in a movie or book or whatever then I seriously want to emulate it. I start trying to be like that person and set my lifestyle up as it instead of "being myself."

I want to be myself. I think I am seriously autistic or something because I cannot stop thinking like that. For a few days after experiencing whatever I emulate it.

Help.

You're one the autists who purchased a Drive jacket and puts toothpicks in their mouth, aren't you?

Yes.

The Secret History, because when I read it I was a transfer student to a small, somewhat isolated university and it made me wish I was less of an autist so I could have found some cool weird friends and enjoy that fundamental close knit feeling that libarts places have

No. Not that bad.

I'm Eric Shonkwiler, Midwestern author, bourbon aficionado, and traveler. AMA!

Greetings

That's not autistic, it's just human nature to emulate (to an extent) something/someone we admire until we eventually make it our own