I just read some Yahoo news comments by some guy convinced that the "beef" and "pork" used in hot dogs is made from...

I just read some Yahoo news comments by some guy convinced that the "beef" and "pork" used in hot dogs is made from high quality trimmings from steaks, roasts, and pork-chops. He insists it would have to say "variety meats" and "meat byproducts" if they used anything else.

Is this naivety common? I thought everyone knew what went into hot dogs.

Other urls found in this thread:

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3646264
abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2014/02/27/scientists-cook-up-sausage-from-baby-poop/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>msg
ew

If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot doges.

It's somewhat true I guess
Hot dogs are usually made from mechanically separated pork, chicken and turkey

Basically this means it's all the bones and cartilage and shit pushed through a strainer until the the meat separates

fag

Time to head on back to Plebbit there partner.

>boneless pork rectums
Name an animal with a bone in it's rectum.
(Next door's gay dog doesn't count.)

>foreskins

Hotdogs truly are the kekest of foods.

Different meats have different quality

They have to say mechanically separated in the ingredients list, because it has more calcium and traces of CNS tissue.

>boneless pork rectums

is dat sum "calamari"??

prairie calamari

the plural of rectum is recta.

You seem to be some kind of rectum expert.

>Is this naivety common? I thought everyone knew what went into hot dogs.
Surprisingly, it's mostly confined to the United States of Gullibility.

In the EU, 'mechanically recovered meat' does not count as 'meat'. In the UK, a 'sausage' has to contain 30% 'meat'. to be called a sausage.

Never ever ever read the ingredients list on a tin of hotdogs in britain if you plan on eating them. Mechanically recovered chicken, skin, bone scrapings, rusk, water... You name it, they'll cram it in there.

> Circumcising a pig
Does that make it kosher?

>rectums
Isn't the plural of rectum "recta"?

Secret footage of Sombra and McCree found!

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3646264

Quality US meat

RECTVM

We're not autists eurofag, we know what goes into hot dogs and enjoy them just the same.

Are rectums ever NOT boneless?

The best part of the hot dog is the uterus, frankly.

Well, me, when my dog is boning me.

Dogs have penile bones, so yeah.

If you get them from a butcher or a reputable hot dog manufacturer, sure, it's not going to be assholes, eyeballs, etc. The mechanically separated chicken, turkey, pork, beef, soy protein hot dog isn't the same thing.

>butcher or a reputable hot dog manufacturer

You're talking about actual sausages, not hot dogs. About the best you can do as far as hot dogs go is to buy "kosher" brands that have a lower percentage of offal.

A hot dog is a sausage. And just like any other sausage it can be made with quality ingredients or shit. Any mass marketed sausage in the US contains shit quality meats whether emulsified like a hot dog or not.

happily eating this stuff
enjoy your pigassholes fermented with some babyshit

abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2014/02/27/scientists-cook-up-sausage-from-baby-poop/

>he can't handle a non-essential amino acid

Hot dogs are a type of emulsified meat sausage. In order to solidify the emulsion they're pre-cooked. Where do you find butcher shops that make and cook emulsified sausages? And why would a butcher waste good muscle meat on a slurry that's going to be unidentifiable?

You're probably right. A butcher won't want to take the time making an emulsified sausage. I've made them at home and they are labor intensive compared to a standard sausage. It was a 3 stage grind with re-chilling after each grind to get the right consistency. Same with mortadella or bologna. I still make bologna sometimes, but not hot dogs anymore.