Can I dive into Nietzsche without knowing a lot about philosophy...

Can I dive into Nietzsche without knowing a lot about philosophy? I've only read 2 books about general philosophy and most of Plato's dialogues.

I'd like to dive into those titties if you know what I mean.

And I'd like to dive into Nietzsches abyss.

probly fake
prolerby trap

n to the o
She is a friend of mine who used to get giddy at the tought of giving me hard ons randomly by sending me these type of pics

don't use the transphobic word "trap"

>old-hag lover
>thinks he can delve into a prophet of new philosophy without knowing the old
Fuck off

Ill take that as a no

Sounds like a good friend, honestly.

>old hag
>good friend
top kek

Long story short
Infantile "caprichosa" girl. My novelty wore off quickly and I ended up lonelier than ever before in my life. Watch out for women anons, truly mischievous beings. The Schopp was right.

It doesn't matter, just start reading some Nietzsche, he's a good writer.

What was her name, user? Tell us about her.

How about we focus on the Nietzsche part of the thread and not on the /b/ part?
(Looking back I think she meant well but teen years are a mess for everyone everytime.)

So she's underage?

Yes you can but you'll glean literally noting from it but the smug self-righteous ignorance that you see his name attached to so often.

Profound writer but his ideas are very easy to decontextualize and misrepresent because of the way they're presented.

Would you recommend to read something on the side to help understand it? Maybe watch a docummentary on it before reading?

I think she is a fresh 18 now

18 isn't fresh, 18 is old hag.

At the time of the photo she was 16 I believe

Also an old hag

I started reading nietzsche recently. Really intense stuff. I'm in a weird place in my life right now though. what are the best depressing texts out there I should read?

Ditch selfpity, read Seneca

If you're turning to Nietzsche looking for some sort of personal validation or if you are considering reading him as an introduction to thought in any way then you are looking in the wrong place.

It's like going to Harvard and taking a graduate level physics course to understand how your lawn mower works (forgive the exaggeration, but you get the point). Or to put it in literary terms it's like reading Finnegann's Wake to learn about English literary tradition. You really would not be doing yourself any favors and you would be wasting more time than it would take to actually learn enough to have a foundation to understand his work.

Most fundamental thing I would say is understand basic epistemology - Descartes, Locke, Berkley, Hume, would stop short at Kant - which is not incredibly difficult or time consuming to brush up on. From there Kirkegaard and Camus are much more digestible/less misunderstandable introduction to existentialism. Then and only then would I move on to Nietzsche.

If you're serious about learning from him then you can't just pick him up. You're doing a disservice to yourself otherwise.

Meant to type MIT not Harvard lol that's annoying

I just want to know what he thought and explained, I don't want him to introduce me to philosophy or to become the übermensch and look everyone over the shoulder.

You can know it just fine without understanding it. Depends on what you want from that relationship.

I'm just saying as someone who read Nietzsche when I was young and then again later once I had grown quite a lot and understood much more of what he was talking about, it literally is completely different material depending on your understanding going into it. And I don't think it's very good material if that understanding is lacking. That's just my opinion.

Like I said before he is very easy to decontextualize/misrepresent and what that means practically speaking is that his ideas are structured in such a way that even if you don't understand them you can still pull them out and impart whatever meaning you want to them. Which is pointless.

don't be a fag

what's the best book to start N ?

well i started reading nietzsche when i was fourteen or fifteen, so i'll say yes. his aphoristic writing style is very accessible. however, i didn't truly understand him until now in my mid-20s. you have to have a solid grasp of kant and christianity as a whole to get nietzsche. if you're just some dumb kid who uses nietzsche as an excuse to treat people like shit, well hell, i guess that's the dionysian hero for you. especially if you're always drunk

I've never a pair of tits in real life, should I kill myself?

physics is babbyshit though

>what are the best depressing texts out there I should read?

Notes from Underground.