Is it just me or is relativism the most cancerous ideology ever...

Is it just me or is relativism the most cancerous ideology ever? There is nothing that makes my blood boil more than people who pretend that everything is a matter of opinion, to the point that they will even state that sex is a social construct.

Do you want to sex that social construct in your image OP?

That's just your opinion, man

Everything regarding ethics is dependent on cultural development and relative. This is fucking self evident.

Knowledge is socially constructed. Science is the most reliable way to build a body of knowledge, but it can't work for all human experience (art, morals, religion)

>Science is the most reliable way to build a body of knowledge
Says science.

Of course it's cancerous, because it's circular reasoning for most of people.
>Moral judgments come from opinions
What kind of opinions
>From approving opinions
What kind of approval they express?
>Morally acceptable

>This is fucking self evident.
Retarded pseudo-intellectual detected.

I agree with the idea of cultural relativism, but I disagree with the popular conclusions drawn after accepting it. I don't think that just because values are relative we should embrace alien values as equally valid for ourselves. Tradition is important, and corruption of tradition is an attack on the foundation of a culture.

Side note I've never noticed before now how well these smut artists are framing the vulva these days. It's pretty ingenious.

All of philosophy consists of flailing about within the infinitely large space of unfalsifiable thoughts. This includes ethics. Most of the difficulty in philosophy comes from marketing your ideas effectively.

What separates science and maths from the rest of philosophy is that their axioms and criteria for valid practise are more widely agreed upon than other parts. That is it.

That's everything summed up.

Try to "prove" any moral judgment. Even "killing is wrong" comes from previous given circumstances in human communities. Even when it is practically universal, this moral judgement has many exceptions depending on the culture you are observing.

Morality is always about how a community feels, not what a logic or experience proves.

Actually a lot of people argue that morality is objective. I am not very familiar with ethics, but I don't think it's such a crazy idea. One could argue that there are some ethical axioms that any sensitive person will agree on, such as "raping an innocent baby is wrong" and you can build up an entire system from the more general axioms.

Not just you, my friend.

>Is it just me or is relativism the most cancerous ideology ever?
Everyone knows this, even the proponents but they enjoy cancer.

It does make sense in the sense that most people just obey customs in a heuristic way. Sure there may be a rational way to do ethics, but the world isn't ethical.

I believe that you could make a morality system based on just acting in a logically consistent way.

they're fucking PSYCHOS

It just upsets you because, deep down, you know that there is no sane rebuttal for moral relativism and it scares you.
That's the stuff.

says philosophy

Imposing sex on bodies is fascist. A free mankind includes the freedom from "nature".

I agree, all it promotes is mediocrity.

The worst of it all is if you critique something like art or literature and people respond to you with "you just don't get it", "that's your opinion", "opinions are just subjective" even if your critique is very valid.

Pisses me off mate

You are cancerous

Fuck rationalism, fuck materialism, fuck objetivism.

Silly OP: anthropology is for grown-ups.

Atheism is what allows all of this to fester

Oliver Cromwell would never have let this happen

No you idiot.

You're being a nihilist right now. Relativists are nihilists too stupid to understand the difference between prescriptive and descriptive morality

you can't escape nihilism if you can't provide an objective framework for morality as a foundation.

The closest attempt was kant with his talks about metaphysics and categorical imperatives, but it's still imperfect.

To be fair, some relativists do believe cultural morality is normative.

>Even "killing is wrong" comes from previous given circumstances in human communities.

Like most knowledge.

>Even when it is practically universal, this moral judgement has many exceptions depending on the culture you are observing.

'Disagreements' and 'exceptions' prove nothing, some cultures can be wrong.

Moral subjectivism isn't nihilism.

Then they shouldn't call themselves relativists. Obviously people disagree on right and wrong. That says nothing about Morality.

yeah but they're related, if you don't believe there's an objective framework of morality you eventually confront nihilism, Nietzsche's solution was to create values after enduring lots of hardships and adversity to cultivate yourself and learn harsh lessons through experience.

>Then they shouldn't call themselves relativists.
?

Did you mean they shouldn't call themselves nihilists?

Not necessarily. Many people do believe morality is relative to the person or culture, and these moral statements can be true or false.

>Science is the most reliable way to build a body of knowledge,
No it isn't.
>logic is good cuz i sed so

Before you can even begin to make any kind of argument, you must have already accepted that logic is good. You can't make any argument against this without forfeiting the tools for making arguments.

everything is relative, don't really need some fucking -ism for it.
also, the fact that you bring gender/sex into it shows how much a faggot you really are.

No I don't.

Why are arguments good? becuz u sed so?

>Moral subjectivism isn't nihilism.
Maybe not on paper but in actuality it leads to nihilism so they're pretty much one and the same.

>there are some ethical axioms that any sensitive person will agree on
That doesn't make them objective. You don't seem to know what the term means.

Well axioms of mathematics are the same. You can't prove them. Can you refute that raping babies is wrong?

>The worst of it all is if you critique something like art or literature and people respond to you with "you just don't get it", "that's your opinion", "opinions are just subjective" even if your critique is very valid.
I agree with this sentiment but it has little at all to do with subjectivism.

are you a christcuck? does it hurt your feelings that >muh values are just subjective?

They're not subjective if they are absolute, dumbfuck.

I am not.