Why is analysis so much more cryptic than algebra or geometry?

Why is analysis so much more cryptic than algebra or geometry?

Other urls found in this thread:

mathoverflow.net/questions/217719/differential-equation-of-conics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why is analysis so much more cryptic than algebra or geometry?
Because it deals with limits.
Discrete mathematics is much easier to grasp.

all of them have problems that are unsolved so fuk u

discrete means integers, not reals
also,
> what is abstract algebra

>>>/sqt/

>discrete mathematics is much easier to grasp

No, discrete mathematics is the only thing that can be grasped. You are lying to yourself when you think you understand something that is continuous.

((2)^-2/3)'''=0

higher up in the lightface hierarchy

>No, discrete mathematics is the only thing that can be grasped. You are lying to yourself when you think you understand something that is continuous.
this. continuity does not exist

mathoverflow.net/questions/217719/differential-equation-of-conics

Discrete math doesn't imply anything other than it's not continuous, brainlet.

All functions on discrete points are continuous. Didn't you learn that in day 1 topology?

I feel like algebra is a lot more intuitive, in the sense that you actually know what you're doing when you move stuff around.

Analysis seems like it's more often more along the lines of: "Look at this crazy shit that this guy figured out is actually equivalent to this algebraic thing you're already aware of but to derive it you have to sum a trillion seemingly unrelated formulas as they all approach infinity and then divide them by this weird constant that some other guy derived" or some other equally obtuse shit.

I think that like half of all mathematicians would agree with you, and the other half would have the opposite opinion about analysis and algebra (myself included).
There are of course diffences in the two groups, like algebraists either finding discrete math or category stuff easier, or analysists prefering geometric or functional analytic stuff.

What I unfortunately experienced is that often algebra-people just refuse to learn analysis and vice-versa.

>What I unfortunately experienced is that often algebra-people just refuse to learn analysis and vice-versa.

this.

Algebra is more intuitive for males since it relies on 3d spatial awareness. Female mathematicians prefer shit like analytics.

Take that back.

10/10 if bait, mein sides if not.

This. A female will solve the navier-stokes problem because women are wired to perceive fluidity while males have a rigid and mechanical mindset

i mentioned this to some friends the other day. caused visible upset.
>"fuck you muh infinite universe is real"

Exactly, stay woke!

>it's real
Holy fuck I'm mad

Welcome to postmodernism.

But that's wrong

>males don't have blood or mucous

this is what every feminist actually believes.

>Why is analysis so much more cryptic than algebra or geometry?
Because it is a lot more abstract, which also makes it a lot more powerful.

>continuity does not exist
Ultra-finitism is a bad meme.
And the success of analysis in solving important problems has clearly shown that continuous models are very well suited to model reality.

I honestly would really like to see ultranfinitists developing such powerful techniques, but I doubt that it will ever happen.

I mean.
This has to be fake.
Right?

Women are the biggest victims of war and illness.

prove continuity doesn't exist

>prove continuity doesn't exist
why don't you, instead, prove it does exist?

ok the line y=x is continuous :^) i drew it without picking my pencil off the paper so it must be continuous

>implying the `real world' adheres to the mathematical definition of continuous

Raise your harm over your head.
What's not continuous about that movement?
Try even thinking about spitting out something about plank lengths or plank anything and I will cut you.

It's real

I mean.
Nah.
She's just trolling.
Hahahahahahahahaha such a troll.
Wow all of you fell for it.
Hahaha.

only for brainlets like you #youngKekaLaMeme

>t. brainlet

>t. Popsci faggot who feels smart because he has a subscription to Scientific American

if were all the same how can any one group exist?

checkmate atheists

It's not necessarily, depending on the data different mediums for representation can highlight important patterns or characteristics, while others represent other traits that may not have as much an impact on your understanding of the data.