Give me one reason why you shouldn't renounce violence, and follow the path of pacifism

Give me one reason why you shouldn't renounce violence, and follow the path of pacifism.

Other urls found in this thread:

jack-donovan.com/axis/2011/03/violence-is-golden/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's so much FUN, user!

Give me one reason why I should limit myself to non-violence when some things cannot be solved through pacifism.

>some things cannot be solved through pacifism.

Wrong

Because pacifism guarantees victory for evil.

cause ur a pussy

Prove it.
Only a pussy would restrain himself when it serves no purpose, because he fears physical conflict.

>prove it

A man is hit in the face. He doesn't hit the assailant back. The assailant feels bad about it and apologises. If the man hits the assailant back the cycle continues forever.

*whistles a cheery show tune while restraining your hands and feet with rope* is that so? ah, and how will your peaceful dogma extract you from THIS dilemma? *unzips pants, preparing to piss on your shoes execution style* it's good for me you didn't resist!

>The assailant feels bad about it and apologises.

Yeah, about that...

did you know people generally won't feel bad if they detest you and see you as less than dirt? "oh, he's acting like he's above me is he? better hit him some more"

>he thinks there are bad people in the world

Child...

or: "he's not resisting. he must WANT me to literally punch him to death with my big, scary nazi fists."

trust me. they will make up any number of reasons for what they have decided to do to you, especially if they've been commanded to.

Ideology is indeed scary. It strips away humanity.

>If the man hits the assailant back the cycle continues forever.
Not if the first man hit him back twice as hard and knock him out.

*hold up spork*

You think he won't want revenge?

>Sticking around until he wakes up
If he's going to be a permanent problem though you'll just need a more permanent violent solution. Break his bones or if he's a huge thread end him. There's nothing that cannot be solved with the application of violence.

Because pacifism dictates that you do nothing when someone fucks with you. I'm all for not being a piece of shit, but throwing one of your cards off the table like that is fucking stupid.

probably, but will he seek it if he's scared of you and/or incapacitated? people pick fights they can win. attackers choose marks who seem weaker than them, ones who are unlikely to hurt them or get them in trouble. to such a person, a total pacifist is a sitting duck.

cause im not a pussy

Then he will wait until you are weak. People don't forget a humiliation.

Breaking the cycle of violence is the only way out here.

Or you could make a new friend, and also avoid jail for bodily physical harm.

Keep in mind he was hostile to you in the first place. It's naive to think a violent cycle would necessarily be broken by showing your belly, or that violence necessarily follows violence.

Why do you promote weakness? Is it because it is the only way for someone like you to seem strong? The zebra will continue to get eaten by the lion no matter the faggy philosophy the zebra adopts.

>a rapist barges into your house
>starts raping your wife
I'm sorry, dear, I could help, but you see, I chose pacifism

>The assailant feels bad about it and apologises.

>talk to him
>show him kindness

He's probably a rapist because he was abused/suffered in life. You should feel sorry for him. He is ruining his soul after all.

>wasting time on a relationship

what a fag

this has to be b8.

>le weak should fear le strong xD

>tfw I am convinced christian pacificism is the key to life but find it absurdly difficult to apply in my daily life

>n-no stop I'm a pacifist!

Of course. *flashes a desultory smile as I draw my +99 Sword of Unbinding* Do you even know how my Str stat? A peon like you ought cower before might as mine! *triumphantly starts urinating on your shoesies*

And you will die and are weaker than any gorilla
Following nature as a maxim for morality is utterly retarded

The poet-philosopher-jester Sam Hyde is always right you know.

I can kill a gorilla, actually..,. Using these things called" guns",

Hmm, not sure what you're trying to say with that pic. We humans are equal, and don't hunt each other for food.

He's 32 years old lmao

Nature has no morality, but when looking at it we can see the truth about ourselves. Something urbans especially seem to be completely deluded about.
>We humans are equal
Comedy gold, I know you're parodying but it's scary that there are actually people out there that believe this.

Edgiest post ITT

I think you should be a pacifist as much as possible, but reserve violence as a last resort for situations like this where it is almost unavoidable.
If someone is threatening your family I think you should act to stop them. However, the point of pacifism is to avoid a situation where someone would want to threaten your family in the first place.
There are previous smaller incidents that lead up to the threat and they should have been extinguished with forgiveness before they could flare up to a violent denouement.

>I think you should be a pacifist as much as possible, but reserve violence as a last resort for situations like this where it is almost unavoidable.
No its not. Pacifism is the rejection of violence
If you're non-violent 'unless', you're not pacifist

he has this look where he might go on a killing spree or suicide at any point.

I never said I was. I said you should practice it as much as possible. Any rigid ideology that has no room for extrordinary circumstances is useless imo.

Don't tell anyone this but I know for a fact that he's responsible for some really bad shit. Let's just say that the spike in gun violence and old Sammy aren't uncorrelated.

proof or fuck off (wouldn't be surprised though)

fuck, I hate christianity and these retarded hippie injunctions

this garbage is impracticable for those of us who aren't just waiting for the afterlife (which doesn't exist btw)

there's a reason gnosticism was widespread among early christians and it's because this is not an ideology for people who live in reality

What reality are you living in where you have to regularly resort to violence?

What would practicing pacifism even mean to most individuals? We're all peaceful pretty much now. Very few of us will ever kill or be in danger of being killed anyway. Many, in fact, will never be involved in any sort of violent conflict at all.

So what does a pacifist commitment entail? Avoiding certain occupations? Opposing certain policies come voting-time? Perhaps (gasp) not eating meat? Is that really fucking all? And if so, why are you so damn pompous about it?

Whoever told you that Christians are pacifists? That's hippy secularist humanist talk. This focus on the afterlife is also a newfangled thing by people not understanding metaphysics at all.

>afterlife
*puffing intensifies*

the one in which if your country didn't have an army it would be invaded and you enslaved, and if your city didn't have a police force you'd be murdered by criminal gangs for the contents of your wallet

the reason violence is invisible to you is because it's been delegated to professionals, you utter retard. i'm presuming you have the privilege of living in a country with a strong state charged with enforcing the rule of law, how do you think people defended their interests before those existed?

christianity is largely pacifist albeit they project their violence onto god instead of admitting it as their own.

yeah, that's bullshit

if christians weren't pacifistic for the majority of history it's because they didn't have the privilege to be

si vis pacem, para bellum

>implying violence isn't just another form of argument and vice versa
To become a true pacifist, you can't attempt to impart your will onto the world. Everything else is hypocrisy.

it's not possible to exist without being a predator

you're consuming resources and other lives to stay alive. if you eat meat, this is obvious but even if you're a vegan or a herbivore animal, you're consuming plants, which are living beings.

even plants consume minerals and water which other nearby plants would use to develop further, and they occupy space under sunlight exposure where some other plant would have grown

hobbes was more right than he could have known he described life as a war of all against all

My man.

We are obligated to kill all psychopaths first.

violence is just an expression of change, and change is the foundation of all existence

>2016
>not being christian

jack-donovan.com/axis/2011/03/violence-is-golden/

>jack-off bum-a-man
no thank you

it doesn't make him wrong. read the essay you faggot.

i skimmed it and it was 3 pages of basic shit I already knew covered in tasteless nrx plebianism and the smell of ass and semen

Okay *straps you to ominous looking chair-like device* hope you're ready *begins urinating on your shoes*

But I already did user