only one language remained

two, if you count mandarin

China could collapse any day now.
>increasingly outdated totalitarian censor regime
>catastrophically low birth rate caused by retarded policies
>equally retarded economic policies that are leading to a permanent recession

>he isn't learning japanese to live in an anime

Chinese languages will never be relevant even if China is

>he actually believes this when they are exporting their children worldwide to attend their universities

>he think a recession matters when their growth rate is higher than countries worldwide

>he thinks this will matter with the new birth laws

Soon china will overtake the west, give it 50 years

It's easy to ignore all the chinese people in your city.

But they are there and soon they shall take over, you ought to prepare yourself.

within 50 years they'll be just like the other humane capitalists

you'd be saying the same about japan in the 80s and now they've been economically stagnant for decades

it's not gonna happen, chang

(fyi, chinks in my country run chinese stores and little else)

i am but all the smart ones speak english anyway and we'll have good real time translation devices within 20 years rendering most of it pointless outside of some chinese version of arno schmidt

I have some passing interest in written chinese, but spoken chinese is so jarring and disgusting to the ear it kind of kills any desire to start

Except Japanese people weren't literally everywhere in every mid-major capital city in the 1980s

China is no longer the fastest growing economy. There's going to be a huge recession soon due to their housing bubble and companies are packing up and moving to India, Vietnam and African countries because its too expensive to manufacture in China now.

>implying you are ever gonna be fluent at it

HAHAHAhaha how is THis LiTeRaTuRe-related nigga just open a textbook like close your browser hahha

China has been lying about its numbers for years. It's teetering on economic disaster, and trump is going to push them over the edge. Just watch - china is going to start some major US ass kissing.

I literally started learning it 4 years ago and now I work in the finance management sector of AliBaba earning 120,000$ a year living in China.

Fuck man. I want to now

How did you learn?

You don't see, do you? The air pollution, the soil erosion, the over fishing, the coming economic collapse. It all points to one thing,
Chinese
Mass
Migration
Get ready.

I literally used /int/, signed up to pen pal sites, spoke to foreigners on skype, bought dictionaries, watched youtube videos and used google translate.

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/Mandarin_Chinese

That's dope but,
>living in China

You should be learning Arabic, OP.

I also work in the sheet metal industry, and I've lived in China, and this is all 100% true. This is why we buy all our steel from Japan, India, and the UAE now.
I don't regret learning Mandarin though.

How can I profit off of the inevitable collapse?

it was supposed to happen in 50 years 20 years ago.

So was the Chinese collapse. Americans have this huge hate-on for China that I don't quite understand, as this thread demonstrates. It's completely irrational: China is both hilariously inept and crafty and evil at once according to Americans, and it can't possibly compare to America without 'cheating'. It's what America said about the Japanese too before the bubble put that little racial insecurity back under the bed.

the sheer size of china is just frightening
there's more than a billion more chinks than americans, the idea that america will lose its power unwillingly is the frightening part

the chinese are following the Japs in sterilizing themselves
their birth rate is way below replacement levels

whe you have 1b+ ppl up on the competition, you're not too worried about lower birth rates for a few decades

>he still thinks it's 2005 when China looked like it might take over the world

but glorious sino steel make great tank and plane

I understand it's a form of late-imperial traumatic response; an old man with a flagging erection being rattled by the very suggestion of his wife talking to a young man and then assuming to comfort himself that the younger man 'probably can't get it up anyway, little queer'. Hence the amateur sinology practiced all over this thread.

If it comes to that we'll just go to war with them anyway and ravage the planet in the process.

there's roughly 0.00% chance of it coming to war

You're more optimistic than I am.

neither america nor china has anything to gain from war and the only thing that could ignite tensions that high (taiwan) isn't important enough to either

>(taiwan) isn't important enough to either

taiwan is one of the only foreign policy items that china absolutely will not budge on. not even an inch.

america has realized this and has been slowly distancing itself from taiwan for the past 2 presidencies (~16 years) slowly, and was pretty much set to give it up completely.

trump is doing a 180 (or so it seems) on this which is very interesting.

china will never ever budget on taiwan.

They won't actually go to war over it though

they wont go to war in the classic sense, but that's mainly because modern "wars" look very differently between world superpowers. china will absolutely be willing to send military onto the island the moment anything remotely resembling an independence vote/referendum is passed, and that is a "bluff" america will NOT call.

When was the last time there was a huge infantry battle? Having a lot of soldiers under arms doesn't really mean anything when nuclear weapons exist. Just press a button and bam, 1 billion fewer Chinese people. Europe and America have always been outnumbered by the Chinese, it makes no difference.

Even tiny little war torn Vietnam embarrassed the PLA and made them look like incompetent losers in the war of 1979.

so there's nothing to be scared of

the fuck lol china rocked vietnam. it was a matter of confusion for quite some time but as more evidence comes to light there's building consensus that Chinese numbers were much closer to reality than vietnam's claimed numbers.

Just look at the geography

It'll be like when Russia annexed Crimea

Hopefully it won't come to that tho - Chinese govt just wants to focus on economic growth

War/unstability is bad for the economy

i mean if ur living in america you realistically do not have to worry about china going Red Dawn on the continent, so yeah.

that was my original claim

Yeah, but when one superpower is declining and another is rising, friction is nearly unavoidable.

Nearly the only instance I can think of where hegemony was transferred peacefully was between the UK and the US in the 1950s, and that was mostly because the UK was still hurting from World War II. That, and America had nukes and they didn't.

I mean all of history is littered with states pursuing their own actions which inevitably lead to friction
the only time this doesn't happen is when one state is ridiculously more powerful than the other (like america to canada) and even then that's not always a given
I just think the sinology itt is utterly ridiculous

Oh, well, I agree with that, at least. It's as silly as all the old Kremlin "experts" from the days of the Cold War.

>not learning Hebrew

The OP proceeds from the false assumption that the depravedly amoral partial hegemony of a (somewhat, totally, really?) Chinese future is a future worth planning for and preparing to live in.