Why doesn't McDonald's use tomatoes? not of the burgers have tomato...

why doesn't McDonald's use tomatoes? not of the burgers have tomato. I can understand the Mac not having but the quarter pounder should

>raw tomato on a sandwich

Truly the worst thing to ever become common place.

Sourcing tomatoes year-round and getting them shipped to stores is a quality control nightmare.

Wendy's and BK do it.. five gals too

you're an idiot

because tomatoes are a bad burger topping. Terrible texture for a burger. No good burger comes with a tomato (not that McDonalds is good)

McFeast has tomatoes

fpbp

Except some of the premium chicken sandwiches have em.

I just went to McDonalds and I hadn't been there in a while. Why is it so expensive? I just got a large milkshake and a medium fries.

>Not getting 2 med fries for $3
>If promo is not present, not just going for large fries
>Not requesting a fresh batch
What a pleb.

ausfag here, used to work at maccas

we always had tomatoes on the line
From memory
>mcfeast
>aioli and spicy wrap
>grand angus

all had tomatoes, and usually a promotional item/s
>BLT quater pounder
>generic australia day promotion with beetroot too
etc.

And now we have the gourmet range (formerly CYT) theres some of them too

You should eat at Mos BURGER OP.

Japs know the importance of a big juicy tomato on your 'ger.

pretty sure they stopped with tomatoes because thats the one ingredient most likely to give people food poisoning if handled incorrectly from the farm to kitchen

You obviously have the taste buds of a child. No, wait, as a child, I enjoyed tomato slices, so that's not entirely true. More like you have the taste buds of an infant with Down syndrome.

It's not the taste, it's the soggy, slimy texture inherent to sliced tomatoes.

>beetroot
Do Australians really eat this?

i never noticed this til now

Yes, pickled beets in a can are delicious and go perfectly with most burgers and sandwiches. Try it before you judge.

What did he mean by this?

People outside of Australia don't put beetroot on burgers or sandwiches.

wait are canned beetroots seriously only an australian thing?

I get like roasting fresh ones, and doing shit like that, but seriously no cans?

Yep. If you search Beetroot slices on Amazon.com the only real result is golden circle sold and shipped by an Aussie supplier.

holy fuck

Something that really shocked me though was the other day I was in Aldi and I picked up a can of sliced Beetroot, it was made in the USA.

Ingredients went like this: Beetroot, water, high fructose corn syrup, etc

I put that thing straight back on the shelf. Fuck me.

revolting

Nope, on my yearly visit to McD's last week I ordered a quarter pounder from one of those kiosk. Didn't bother to change anything on it and was pleasantly surprised to find a tomato.

>What is a Big Tasty

Also wraps use them.

T. Former Britbong Maccies manager