How will the universe end and what happens after it ends?

How will the universe end and what happens after it ends?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poincaré_recurrence_theorem
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

More importantly, if space is expanding, and space is just the absence of matter (i.e., nothing) then just what the fuck is growing? The distance between objects in space?

Or is everything just fucking growing at the same rate but we just can't observe or comprehend it because of relativity?

Fuck this

There are two possibilities.

1. Big crunch
2. Heat death

Also, like, fuck - the singularity is probably bullshit, right? Just because the universe is expanding/growing/whatever the fuck, doesn't mean that you get the answer to the origin of spacetime by rewinding that shit.

What if the universe was at one point static and an event happened to cause the sudden expansion?

Fuck all this

isnt heat death more possible though?

yeah it all confuses the hell out of me, im hoping that someone on here could make reason out of it. For example, since heat death is the most likely end of the universe, then what happens after heat death occurs and all remaining black holes disappear? Is there just nothingness, or is there a possibility for something to occur from the nothingness?

The universe doesnt end, matter just becomes impossible but space still exists potentially forever.

Do we even agree on what the universe ending means? To me the end of the universe is either all matter seize to exist or the procession of events halts. The latter is a consequence of the former, I am not sure if it is necessary for it tho, but it might be.

everyone in this thread is forgetting about white holes

can you enlighten us about white holes?

It is what your mum has.

This

welp i walked into that one

"In general relativity, a white hole is a hypothetical region of spacetime which cannot be entered from the outside, although matter and light can escape from it. In this sense, it is the reverse of a black hole, which can only be entered from the outside and from which matter and light cannot escape. White holes appear in the theory of eternal black holes."

From wikipedia

What if white holes and black holes are like, one way portals through the universe? You can only go in the black holes and out the white holes?

ok im pretty sure the existence of white holes is highly improbable

it means we get Szechuan sauce for all eternity...

My imagination comes up with the idea of a black hole being saturated with matter, and at some point turning into a white hole. The direction of flow would play a role in sustaining the objects state, or it would just fluctuate between black and white.

The heat death of the universe leaves a universe filled with light. Also, there would be no way to measure a change in state of the universe. Time at that point ceases to exist. There is no "after"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poincaré_recurrence_theorem

>Is there just nothingness, or is there a possibility for something to occur from the nothingness?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain

>phoneposting

you assholes get me to think that wikipedia changed it's layout every goddamn time

It doesn't. No really.

>space is just the absence of matter (i.e., nothing)
If you can see stars from your location in space, then millions of photons are passing by you every second.

Absolute nothing is something we as humans have a hard time wrapping our heads around

Is the entropy-time relationship really linear? I would think I'd be more exponential.

kys my man

so once there is nothing in the universe, the universe will recreate? but will a new universe be exactly the same or different from the previous one?

Some physicists theorize that if we survive a few more millennia we might figure out how to generate an artificial universe and how to migrate to it. We should start thinking about this problem today if we are to have any hope of solving it.

It's not nothing you stupid dummy. How many times does this need to be said before plebs and assorted brainlets get the message?

Entropy is a meme. Any dynamical system that conserves energy has a Poincare recurrence time. The universe is cyclic.

You're in luck.
Spacetime is not a linear entity. It is, by definition, continuous. We know this and yet modern academia has yet to catch up with the idea of a predetermined universe. Quantum Mechanics is currently being completely misinterpreted. You will find the answers to entanglement, double slit and I speculate dark energy too within a predeterministic framework.

The biological bias of time is an evolutionary response to entropy as organisms cannot exist without energy.