Does lifting weights make you a brainlet?

Is there a link between lifting weights and intelligence?

only if you lift "dumb"-bells

A lot of famous intellectuals and scientists were Veeky Forums.

"No"

No, you retard.
This, or at least go to do a run everyday in order to maintain their brain healthy.

For example I remember the Paul Erdos documentary where he was throwing some die and a lot of smart mathematicians were doing excercise, and I know they looked like nerds but they're smarter than all of Veeky Forums together desu.

You know, everything is connoted. Say you have one combination of properties [math]y[/math]. Let's just say it's either 0 in case you are a brainlet or 1 in case you are not. You've got all kinds of other properties [math]x_i[/math], one of those may be whether you lift weights or not. Or maybe even how much you lift weights, doesn't matter. There's of course all kinds of other shit. How much beer you drink a week, whether you like beans or not, your political views etc. From all those attributes there is a probability that you are a brainlet or not, let's call it [math]f(y | x_1, x_2, x_3, ...)[/math].

Having said that, there are two options: Either you are a brainlet, then you can change all [math]x_i[/math] to maximize [math]f(y|x_1, x_2, x_3, ...)[/math]. You may appear as less of a brainlet to other people, but you'll still be a brainlet. No matter what you do. Or you are not a brainlet. Then you don't give a shit about any of this AT ALL.

Nothing I could find or cite off the top of my head. However, I'd still recommend exercise so you don't die prematurely due to a lack of that and unhealthy eating habits.

When I was working out my brain worked slightly sharper. Living healthy can affect your intelligence in a good way, it just has to be comfortable, if you are forcing it too much you won't have any willpower left for intensive thinking.

Studies have shown excercise improves general brain function

I've been lifting weights for a few years, but recently I've come to realise, 2 to 3 hours out of your day, 3 times a week, definitely adds up. If it's true that mastery of anything takes 10K hours, you're not doing yourself any favors by going to the gym so much, when you could be working on your main goal even more. Staying active does help prevent shrinkage of your brain, but you don't have to go to the gym for this, you can rock climb or whatever.

Maybe you'll occasionally comes across highly successful people in the gym, but most people who go to the gym have very average mentalities, and if it comes to lifting weights, it's 90% ego.

The best powerlifter at Oxford was a Rhodes Scholar. Feels bad

>not knowing about the swole nerd meme.

>body needs exercise to perform optimally

You tell me.

Lifting is especially useful as it's low risk and there are infinite aspects you can autism about.

>Lifting is especially useful as it's low risk and there are infinite aspects you can autism about

this. lifting is a solitary activity that allows me to use spreadsheets and autism to track progress, diet, etc. perfect for a STEM major tbqh.

Kek at the first guy's head.

Blood flow to the brain remains constant regardless of activity, so no.

There is a link between cardio and brain function. Lifting doesn't make you dumber or smarter. Cardio makes you smarter though.

>2 to 3 hours out of your day, 3 times a week,

What the fuck? Why are you spending that much time in the gym? What the fuck kind of lifting are you doing?

>but most people who go to the gym have very average mentalities

you don't say

but didn't man just bang speed everyday to keep doing maths?

kek